Much Advice Needed!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkerbel

Reaction score
Im a qualified nail tech now but I use the word loosely as I believe my standards arent up to scratch ie Im doing nails for 2 months and one of those months I was away on holiday!!!!!

Anyway my question is how long or how many sets does it take to get you doing it salon standards?

Also I was wondering is it worth it to learn how to do spray tans?

I WILL be setting up shop when Im at a high standard and I was wondering what people thought of the name ' B Beautiful ' or anyone any ideas? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi hun, it would help if you up dated your profile so that we know who and what you trained with. I would advise you to do your own kick a** set of nails and take your self of to all the salons in your area with a copy of your certificate and get going you will learn so much from working with other techs and its the only way to get your speed up, set after set after set, you will also be able to pick the brains of the bosses on the pit falls of opening your own place and have a better idea of costs for your business plan. Also search this site for Sassy Hassy's thread on advertising its the best advise I've ever read.
That should keep you busy for a while:lol::lol:

hi hun it is really difficult to say how long it is going to take as everyone is different personally i think you need to do clients quite a few clients a day i went into a salon and did allday everyday and thats how i got quicker but also doing as much training as you can will help.

It took me a couple of months to be confident that my work was getting upto scratch, i said employed for 1 year and a half and then went on my own best thing i ever did but it did help working in a salon first.

Love the name xx

Everyone takes a different amount of time to get to salon standard, i took about 7 months before i was happy with what i was producing and i knew they could still be better
the more sets you do the better they will be and the faster you will get.
As for spray tans i would concentrate on getting up to scratch with your nails before trying to do other treatments.
I think B Beautiful is a lovely name for a salon, just check that no one else has that name registered for their business or you could end up in trouble, you can find this info out at your local council office hth

I'd concentrate on perfecting the nail system you've trained with before branching out on something new. That's just my opinion though hun. :hug:

When you say salon standard do you mean a real salon or nss? It seems that most compare their times to a nss but keep in mind they do no sanitation, no prep dont blend a tip besides a very quick once over the seam that cuts down their time alot.

When you say salon standard do you mean a real salon or nss? It seems that most compare their times to a nss but keep in mind they do no sanitation, no prep dont blend a tip besides a very quick once over the seam that cuts down their time alot.

I dont know who NSS are but I would only do a service that I would be willing to pay for! And thats perfection!

hi hun, it would help if you up dated your profile so that we know who and what you trained with. I would advise you to do your own kick a** set of nails and take your self of to all the salons in your area with a copy of your certificate and get going you will learn so much from working with other techs and its the only way to get your speed up, set after set after set, you will also be able to pick the brains of the bosses on the pit falls of opening your own place and have a better idea of costs for your business plan. Also search this site for Sassy Hassy's thread on advertising its the best advise I've ever read.
That should keep you busy for a while:lol::lol:

PROFILE updated sorry I forgot all about it!!!!! EVERYONE who posted thanks for your advice :smack:

Latest posts

Back