Multi coloured glitter french

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bev Rose

Reaction score
This is my very first attempt at the stiletto style, I've been meaning to have a go for ages.

Had a play with a few glitters too for a different look than what I usually wear.

Found the stiletto shape a bit of a pain as these are a rebalance from squovals!

Any tips on perfecting the shape will be welcome

Attachments

• purple & green stilettos.jpg
    purple & green stilettos.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 493
Where is it mate?

Blooming brain!! It should be there now!!!

Sorry Judy!

Lovely Bev - but your stuff always is x x x

Are these on you?

I love them! Colour is beautiful, smile lines are wicked! I find stillettos easier to sculpt than tip - it's easier to perfect the shape with my brush than my file...... Tricky when rebalancing from a square though :) - well done!

No matter how many times I look they don't look green they look gold?? or is it my eyes?

Yes, Theresa, these are on me! Thanks for your kind words matey xx

The glitter at the free edge is a light apple green but it's come out gold Judy, it's not your eye's yet hun, no need to rush of to specsavers just yet lol!!

I love the colours, must admit I'm not a fan of this shape but the colouring is wonderful :hug:

these are lovely hun, i would say these are almond shape, if you want a really good stilleto nail you wil have to go longer and i found that went i pinch the nail this brings in the sides allowing you to get more of a stilleto nail when you file, hth hun

Gorgeous nails Bev ... would love you to do mine!

i think there fab.im loving the colours and your smile lines are very sharp and crisp:)

They look lovely, i like the shape on them not quit stiletto but soft round matching your hand very well i think

i love the shape...length and colour.....they are fab bev...very well done to you xxx:hug::hug:

wow bev these are fab, i think they are more almond shape, but i like that, im not fond of stilletto sometimes, as depending on the fingers they can look harsh (if that makes sense) but these suit the hand so well, very flattering and the glitter colourd are gorgeous, well done hun xxxxx

:hug::hug:Thankyou so much for all of your wonderful comments!!
I think you're right about the almond shape; I worked with the length i had instead of adding any extra.

well done

i like the colours they go well together

they are really nice bev.
i think to go stilleto the shape needs to be a little more extreme, but that is quite hard unless the nails are a bit longer.
i also find that doing stiletto on my own nails is much harder than doing them on someone elses.
what i do now is draw on my nail with a soft pencil , starting at the centre of the eponichium a line down to the centre of the tip. then i file the sides so that they come in evenly[almost at a 45 degree angle] and meet at the point,. the pencil then comes off with a bit of a buff , and you are ready to carry on. this helps me a lot coz i think you get a bit of a distorted view when it comes to the shape of your own nails because you can never get a perfect angle to view them from.

Absolutely lovely, love the colours. xx

Yes I agree with the majority these are a lovely almond shape. Love the colours especially the 'gold':lol:

OH.....and Squoval....IT ISN'T EVEN A WORD!!!!!! :eek:
were they maybe a soft square before?

they are really nice bev.
i think to go stilleto the shape needs to be a little more extreme, but that is quite hard unless the nails are a bit longer.
i also find that doing stiletto on my own nails is much harder than doing them on someone elses.
what i do now is draw on my nail with a soft pencil , starting at the centre of the eponichium a line down to the centre of the tip. then i file the sides so that they come in evenly[almost at a 45 degree angle] and meet at the point,. the pencil then comes off with a bit of a buff , and you are ready to carry on. this helps me a lot coz i think you get a bit of a distorted view when it comes to the shape of your own nails because you can never get a perfect angle to view them from.

Thanks for that Susan, I'll look at that, cos I sure they'll be the odd wonky one! I'll use on old makeup pencil & keep it in the salon incase I get asked for these....which is usually the case when you wear something I find.

Latest posts

Back