Multiple Sclerosis

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emily22

Reaction score
Hi, I have to ring a new client tommorow to book her and manicure & pedicure. She was recommended to me from another client. Im pretty sure though that this lady has MS as her friend was telling me about her the other night. MS was not something ever mentioned at college so was just wondering what you guys think about GP permission for these treatments.. do you think its necessary or not?

From what I understand MS is a muscular disorder / disease isnt it? So wouldnt this client benefit from heated mitts / boots to relax the muscles and ease the tensions?

Hi Emily, i was diagnosed as having Ms in May this year, it is a chronic progressive disease of the brain and spinal cord. I have regular manicures and pedicures, my neurologist has told me this is fine. I find it very relaxing and the massage part really helps my muscles that often go into spasm.
If you have any further questions, i'd be happy to answer them.
Hope this helps
love
Julie

hi emily,
I had my first ms client last week and posted on here as I too had not come across it before and valencianNails put my mind at rest.I have to say I was worried over nothing as my new client was really nice and everything went great.

Do you know what?!?........... My MS client (who also has diabetes) told me that...
"What doesn't hurt me, doesn't kill me Sandi!?!

I continually ask her if my massage is hurting her and she ALWAYS says no...
I never do deep massage on her hands or feet, her hands and feet are ALWAYS cold... she suffers from terrible loss of circulation and she really enjoys her treatments.

IMO... always go by what the clients wants... they will know what their doctor 'prescribes' and they will know what feels comfortable and what doesn't!!! :hug:

Do you know what?!?........... My MS client (who also has diabetes) told me that...
"What doesn't hurt me, doesn't kill me Sandi!?!

I continually ask her if my massage is hurting her and she ALWAYS says no...
I never do deep massage on her hands or feet, her hands and feet are ALWAYS cold... she suffers from terrible loss of circulation and she really enjoys her treatments.

IMO... always go by what the clients wants... they will know what their doctor 'prescribes' and they will know what feels comfortable and what doesn't!!! :hug:

Yup I have a lovely new client with MS that is quite far progressed and she says pedicures-the massage in particular-give her a lovely tingly feeling in her feet. Her circulation is terrible bless her but the massage really helps disperse the fluid build up too X

Latest posts

Back