Multiple Treatments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe90

Reaction score
I have a client in on Friday for

Eyelash Tint
Mini Manicure/Pedicure
Spray Tan

I want to perform the treatments in the order I have listed them. As I have only just started spray tanning I was unsure where to fit the spray tan in so thought it would be best at the end.

Do you think this is correct?

Definately do the tan last Joe... you don't want any mani or pedi products taking off the tan. It isnt ideal to do these treatments before a tan either really, you may leave moisture on the skin which the tan might not adhear too. Personally I would have advised the client to have the mani and pedi the day before but seeing that it is only mini (nail and cuticle care?) then it should be ok if you omit putting on any hand cream to finish.

Hi Jen,

She originally wanted a full man and ped but I told her due to the massage etc the cream would act as a barrier and stop the tan from taking. Tried to get her to come in the day before for the man/ped but she didn't have the time and therefore opted for the mini versions, which will only be cuticle work, file and polish.

Just out of interest Jen, how long would you give the polish to dry before embarking on the tan?

Just wondered,would the spray tan not affect the enamel ?

Not sure Becki, that is one of the reasons I asked. I would imagine as long as a barrier is applied over the polish when dry then probably not, but unsure.

joe90 said:
Not sure Becki, that is one of the reasons I asked. I would imagine as long as a barrier is applied over the polish when dry then probably not, but unsure.

Just taking a stab in the dark here, but would covering the nails in SolarOil not work as a barrier before Spray Tanning .... ?

River

Do you know, you are an absolute star babes!:smack:

joe90 said:
Do you know, you are an absolute star babes!:smack:

In that case, why am I being slapped !! :lol:

River

it was a friendly slap on the back chick.:)

joe90 said:
it was a friendly slap on the back chick.:)

Damn, that slap hit me right on the back of my head. You need to work on your aim :lol: :lol:

Do you think the SolarOil will work then ?

River

Sorry Joe I have been busy with a client.

Once the nails are painted, either leave for a couple of mins and lightly spray with solar spray or leave for about 5 mins and put a thin coat of solor oil on them. Either way they will be fine to be sprayed over. As well as protecting the nails from the tan solution, the solar oil will help 'cure' the polish so that it dries faster and moisturise the cuticles at the same time ... can't be bad huh!

Once the tan is finished, take a cotton pad and gently wipe any spray off each nail. Your polish shouldnt be harmed if this is done lightly :)

:hug:

Thanks Jen, and I look forward to meeting you on Sunday.

hi hun, I've had a client in for a French mani and tan before. I did the tan first and then the mani. Otherwise they have to try and dress and undress with wet nails and will undoubtedly smudge them and you'd have to do them all again. As long as it's more of a file, cuticle work and polish with no frills over the hands then you'll be fine.

But it's up to you in the end.

could u do the eyelash tint, mani and pedi without varnish, spray tan and then varnish nails?

linzwee said:
could u do the eyelash tint, mani and pedi without varnish, spray tan and then varnish nails?

Yup! As long as you don't use lotion on the arms and legs

Hi guys,
You culd always do the mani/pedi 1st, then tint as polish will have longer to dry. I personally do pedi, mani, tint, tan and then varnish. Saves a lot of messing about, worrying whether polish will smudge.
HTH, Michelle xxx

Latest posts

Back