Mundo de Unas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received my order. Anybody else concerned about the smell of the stamping polishes?! Slightly worried insurance would be void using them!

I get s headache they stink so much! Open window and use a mask x

Where else can I order ither than direct girls??

I have to say I am horrified that some of you are buying Mundo de Unas polish to use on clients!! Do you know there is no ingredient list available? Or no MSDS sheets? If a client had a reaction to this polish you would not be covered by insurance and it could cause massive trouble for you. On this thread alone I have seen four or five ladies who are not only sensitive to the smell but are getting headaches from whatever it contains, and that is not a good sign.

It's one thing to take the risk of using it on yourself, but using it on clients who don't know the risk is madness.

Many months ago, before it became general knowledge that there were no MSDS sheets or ingredient lists, I became very concerned about the product. The smell was giving me severe headaches, which in itself is worrying. But, the final straw was how badly stained my fingers were after using a blue. See pic. It is not a good photo, but it gives you an idea of the state of my fingers and work area. It was like using air fix model paint.
I was not prepared to risk this on clients, so I threw the whole lot away. I still pine for the gold as it was the best I have found, but I wasn't going to take that risk.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 66
The seller has said the ingredients are acrylic resin and solvent. This isn't a comprehensive ingredient list by any means, but it rings massive alarm bells that the main ingredient is acrylic resin, not polish base. It gets me wondering if there is MMA in it, and what on earth are the solvents that smell like petrol?? Also no mention of any pigments, I don't think they are approved for cosmetic use either.

Barry M Gold foil works really well as a stamping polish if you are still looking for one.

The seller has said the ingredients are acrylic resin and solvent. This isn't a comprehensive ingredient list by any means, but it rings massive alarm bells that the main ingredient is acrylic resin, not polish base. It gets me wondering if there is MMA in it, and what on earth are the solvents that smell like petrol?? Also no mention of any pigments, I don't think they are approved for cosmetic use either.

Barry M Gold foil works really well as a stamping polish if you are still looking for one.

Thank you. Yes Barry M is good, thanks for the recommendation.

Eekk is moyou say to use???

Eekk is moyou say to use???

Do you mean the polishes from Moyou London? As far as I know they are absolutely fine as they conform to EU regs. They have the same base as normal polish.

Latest posts

Back