Murder on the Dancefloor

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
okay here goes...

anything by Def Lepard (saw them at Don Valley 1992 and they rocked)
Heart of Glass by Blondie
Atomic by Blondie
Wild Boys by Duran Duran
Edge of Heaven - by Wham
Venus by Bananarama
Girls just wanna have fun - Cyndi Lauper
Broken Wings by Myster Myster (dont dance just sing my heart out)
Walk this Way by RUN DMC
Fight the Power by Public Enemy..
She Drives me Cray by FYC
Going Underground by the Jam
House of fun by Madness...

okay theres more but thats enough i guesss

oh how could i forget .....Dont you forget me by Simple Minds...phwoaa Jim Ker (another sing my heart out) :cry:

Sorry.........don't post for eons and now I've got verbal.........

Back to the original question........Songs that get me bopping

Ray of light.......Madonna
Reach .........S club 7
Mad World.........Tears for Fears
Prince Charming ........Adam and the Ants
Pretty much anything from the 80's

Sure there are more.......infact I know there are more, so might have to come back to this one later!!!

Adele

Oooh! too many favourites to remember off the top of my head but, heres a few ....
Monkey House ... artist escapes me right now.
Blue Monday ... New Order
Queen Bitch ... Bowie
No GDM ... Gina X
Kiss Me ... Tin Tin
Dancing Queen ... Abba
I Believe ... Happy Clappers
Your Loving Arms ... Billie Ray Martin
Two Can Play That Game ... Bobby Brown.
Oh yes ... and Prett Vaccant ... Sex Pistols ... yes really ;)

i cant believe no one has mentioned the famous YMCA ......thats a song that even gets your dad on the dance floor at parties....lol :D

stanleyann

I've got a fantastic cd - 50 Dabce Floor Fillers - and it is the total bees knees.. especially played really loud or with the roof down in the car...

Also the new album by Maroon 5 - God he is such a dish !!! LOL

Whoops - why don't I ever check my spelling before submitting my posts - that was supposed to read 'Dance Floor Fillers' !!!!!

wow - so many 80's chicks on here - I'm lovin' it!! Completely forgot how awsome Tears for Fears and Simple Minds were!!! :cool:

Glorsclaws said:
Oooh! too many favourites to remember off the top of my head but, heres a few ....
Monkey House ... artist escapes me right now.
Blue Monday ... New Order
Queen Bitch ... Bowie
No GDM ... Gina X
Kiss Me ... Tin Tin
Dancing Queen ... Abba
I Believe ... Happy Clappers
Your Loving Arms ... Billie Ray Martin
Two Can Play That Game ... Bobby Brown.
Oh yes ... and Prett Vaccant ... Sex Pistols ... yes really ;)

Ohh when i was 16 i met Bernie Summner out of New Order in a Greg's Shop in Handforth while I was stood next him I decided to ask him to come to a party with me that same night :lol: who was I kidding.... anyway he never showed :rolleyes: I'd forgot about that until I saw you name Blue Monday

Okay, here goes...please don't laugh

Agadoo - by Black Lace (I think) this one was always played at family weddings and christenings so brings back fond memories of grandad pushing an imaginery pineapple etc.
The Grease Megamix - It doesn't matter where I go when this comes on the floor seperates (females one side, men the other) and everyone becomes a member of the cast of grease
and finally, anything from Dirty Dancing. Myself and my 6 foot two rugby playing cousin used to try and do the lift when we were kids and so whenever we are together and anything from the film comes on we have a damn good nostalgic boogie and I always take the opportunity to tell his friends and girlfriend how he used to remind the end of the film over and over again just to watch the end song!

naturalnails said:
I will go along with most of the dance tunes already mentioned but the one that always got the floor full was New York New York by Frank Sinatra and I don't mean the first time round I may be old but I am not that old LOL.

Aaaargghh!!!

OhMyGod! You've just reminded me of VERY embarrassing situation when I was growing up. Cringe cringe cringe.... :o Oh well, here goes...

Was out with friend in Chicago Rock fair few years back now VERY pissed on tequila (what else? ;) ) and had been desperately trying to impress the most beeyoouutiifuulll man you have EVER seen (who I had snogged a few weeks b4 :D ). Anyhoo, had been dancing in most seductive way all evening (at least, that's how I remember it :lol: ) when New York New York came on. Oh dear. Had arm around said friend and was performing obligatory leg kicking routine :o when tripped over friend's leg and fell flat on my face at sexy bloke's feet :rolleyes: . Wouldn't have been so bad, but didn't even put my hands up to cushion my fall... just went flat down on my face!! Miracle I didn't break my nose really... :o :lol: :lol:

Well this is only in the kitchen mind...

but I do get moving when I hear:
Hello Mr Heartache - Dixie Chicks
I Can Love you Better - "
Tonight the Heartache' on Me - "
Let 'Er Rip - "
Goodbye Earl - "

Long Sermon - Brad Paisley
Don't Breathe - "
Sleepin' on the Foldout - "

I won't go into the ones by Gene Autry, Dolly Parton, and Loretta Lynn (When you're looking at me............ )

Well, you can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl.........

I love this thread! I love nostalgia - those were the days!

My fave "get up of my bum and on the dance floor song is" B52s, Love Shack.... I just go WIIIIILD - really embarrass my teenage girls which is even better - prob embarrass myself, but I'm usually too drunk to care!
Also Black Box - Ride on time (with you there Ruthie!)
and a Communards one (can't think of it now as I've got Black Box's in my head now) - you know - where he sings really high and that big girl has a really deep voice (someone help me out here?!)
ANYTHING D.I.S.C.O - you know with a proper beat that you can move to, not like nowadays where you stand with your feet cemented to floor and just wiggle your shoulders!
I love anything by Blondie, Duran Duran (I was a Duranie), Kate Bush, Abba, Adam & the Ants ( went to a school reunion with my pal Aggie and we were jumping off the chairs to Stand and Deliver - my headmistress was NOT amused), Human League, The Jam, Bruce Springstein, Billy Joel and then I have to confess I was a David Soul maniac ( feel better for that confession!). I also love Vivaldi's Four Seasons, but you can't really head bang to it!

Sassy Hassy said:
I love this thread! I love nostalgia - those were the days!

My fave "get up of my bum and on the dance floor song is" B52s, Love Shack.... I just go WIIIIILD - really embarrass my teenage girls which is even better - prob embarrass myself, but I'm usually too drunk to care!
Also Black Box - Ride on time (with you there Ruthie!)
and a Communards one (can't think of it now as I've got Black Box's in my head now) - you know - where he sings really high and that big girl has a really deep voice (someone help me out here?!)
ANYTHING D.I.S.C.O - you know with a proper beat that you can move to, not like nowadays where you stand with your feet cemented to floor and just wiggle your shoulders!
I love anything by Blondie, Duran Duran (I was a Duranie), Kate Bush, Abba, Adam & the Ants ( went to a school reunion with my pal Aggie and we were jumping off the chairs to Stand and Deliver - my headmistress was NOT amused), Human League, The Jam, Bruce Springstein, Billy Joel and then I have to confess I was a David Soul maniac ( feel better for that confession!). I also love Vivaldi's Four Seasons, but you can't really head bang to it!
Think that one might be..... Don't leave Me This Way
I love Paul Weller, have seen him in concert several times & he is lust soooo loverly

Oh thanks PM, that's the very one - singing it now!!! Brain just wouldn't stop singing Ride on High (very loudly and out of tune lol)

fave songs to dance to are build me up buttercup and brown eyed girl
fav songs in the whole world
substitute- the who
lola- the kinks
the boxer - simon and garfuncle
they where the 3 i was brought up on so they have stuck with me
when me my brothers and my dad have had to many sherberts we sing the boxer start to finish its a family thing

Sassy Hassy said:
I, Adam & the Ants ( went to a school reunion with my pal Aggie and we were jumping off the chairs to Stand and Deliver - my headmistress was NOT amused), !
that is a CLASSIC - btw I loved David Soul too (I was 9) and I have Don't Give Up On Us Baby and Silver Lady - we have now bothed confessed!!!

Mrs Geek said:
pretty much anything by The Police or Duran Duran
Hey Mrs Geek are you a Duranie too?? Went to see them at Wembly in April after 18 years in the waiting and boy did they rock!!!! In fact they were so stonking we went back two weeks later!! Man JT still floats my boat:biggrin:

oh don't get me started

Abba gimme gimme gimme
Noland sisters I'm in the mood for dancing (hairbrush in hand singing my head off)
the cult she sells sanctuary
icehouse hey little girl
Robert miles children

just a few such memories

Okay - my claim to fame! my aunt was a lecturer on the drama course at Birmingham Uni. When I was about 16, I went to stay with her for a few weeks and she took me into the college a few times. Met this guy who was studying on her course and wrote in my diary, met this gorgeous guy called Simon.

Didn't think anything more, until my aunt came to stay with us and TOTP was on the telly - she got all excited and said one of my students is on there - and there he was, the gorgeous guy I had met was SIMON LE BON - swoon! Wonder if he's telling people - met this really dorky girl years ago and guess who it is - SASSY HASSY!!!

(glad I'm not the only closset David Soul fan - my wall was covered in his piccies, my cassette tape of his went up in flames when my parents house was struck by lightning - oh how I esed to sing, All I want is Black Bean Soup, such a classic lyric!))

Lol fab'n'funky post!!!

My "Get Your Groove On & Shake My Booty" songs are...

Dirrty - Christina A
Yeah - Usher (although I cant staaaaand him!!)
Lady Marmelade - Mya, Pink, Lil Kim & Christina
Fresh Off The Boat - Nelly Furrrrtado
Love Shack - B52s (i think?!)
Like A Virgin - Madonna
Baggy Trousers - Madness
Babushka - Kate Bush
Addicted To Love - Robert Palmer
Build Me Up Buttercup (our school song!)
Chain Reaction - Diana Ross/the dreaded Steps!
Don't Stop Moving - SClub7
Toxic - Twitney
One Way Or Another - Blondie
Professional Widow & The Cornflake Girl - Tori Amos (bit random!!)
Video Killed The Radio Star - The Buggles (?! is that right?!)

Ok...I thats all I can think of...I've usually passed out after those have been played lmao!!

I shall be dancing saturday night ;) in my funky tights :biggrin:

zzz

Latest posts

Back