Murder on the Dancefloor

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

princessmowgli

Reaction score
This week my 'hubby' LEGALLY downloaded me a CD of some of my favourite must dance to songs. It was so hard making the selection & I'm sure to have forgotten some really obvious ones, infact one has just come to mind as I type.
Anyway my point is,
If you were out at a party, disco or simply in the kitchen preparing the tea which song when upon hearing would you HAVE TO DANCE TO? There's no way no how that you could ever NOT dance to it.
Here's a few of my faves. Forgive me if some of you have never heard of them, IF NOT WHY NOT, YOU HAVE NOT LIVED. Here goes;

Tina Charles- Dance Little Lady Dance & I Love To Love
The Nolans- I'm In The Mood For Dancing
Brainstorm- Lovin Is Really My Game
Delight- Groove Is In The Heart
Janet Kay- Silly Games

I love MOST types of music & would be interested to know what you fellow geeks are into.

Sonia

All right, you asked for it ;)

Yin and Yang and the Flower Pot Man - Love and Rockets
Blister in the sun - Violent Femmes (damn near anything from that album)
One Headlight - Wallflowers
I am the resurrection - Stone Roses
Birdhouse in your soul - They Might Be Giants
Mountain Song - Janes Addiction

Sorry they are so quirky, those are the ones that came to me as I was typing... Can you tell I just subscribed to the new www.napster.com? ;)

BTW: Groove is in the heart rocks. ;)

With an afro like that Sam you'd be a fool not to love it :lol: .

Interesting choices, I know I've only heard of They Might Be Giants but do you actually dance to it......... :eek:

All she wants to do is Dance - Don Henley
Ant Music - Adam & the Ants (most by Adam & Ants)
Love+ One - Haircut 100
pretty much anything by The Police or Duran Duran
Anything from Hysteria by Def Leopard
League Unlimited - Love & Dancing - Human League Dance record - BRILLIANT
Love Shack or Roam - B52's
Doctor in the House - Yazz & the Plastic Population - actually anything 'House' from early 90's
can't help it - DANCING QUEEN - ABBA (infact a lot of ABBA)
Day break by Barry Manilow (takes all sorts)
Dude Looks like a lady - Aerosmith (actually a lot be them too plus Van Halen - Running with the Devil and Jamie's Cryin')
anything from DJ Christian Fitton

a lot more but my taste is mega versatile - love LOADS - just hate everyone now copying what was then and in a much crappier way!!!

The Nail Geek said:
BTW: Groove is in the heart rocks. ;)
It does babe but the one that reminds me of you the most is 'When We Dance' by Sting oh yeh and Sweet Thistle Pie! :lol:

princessmowgli said:
With an afro like that Sam you'd be a fool not to love it :lol: .

Interesting choices, I know I've only heard of They Might Be Giants but do you actually dance to it......... :eek:
have you ever seen him after a few glasses of Chardonnay at 2:00am???? trust Ms Moglii - it is MOST amusing!!!! :lol:

Just a few from me lol
Cher :The shoop shoop song
Blackbox :Ride on time
Grease : Your the one that I want
Gipsy Kings: Bamboleo
Aerosmith: Love In An Elevator
and anything from Meatloaf lol........anything that makes housework not such a bore!!!!

How diverse is that lol.......

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Just a few from me lol
Cher :The shoop shoop song
Blackbox :Ride on time
Grease : Your the one that I want
Gipsy Kings: Bamboleo
Aerosmith: Love In An Elevator
and anything from Meatloaf lol........anything that makes housework not such a bore!!!!

How diverse is that lol.......
Grease MY TOTAL FAVORITE - FORGOT THAT - always loved Grease is the Word too!!!

Mrs Geek said:
can't help it - DANCING QUEEN - ABBA (infact a lot of ABBA)
Day break by Barry Manilow (takes all sorts)
frustrated.gif
:rolleyes:

Mrs Geek said:
It does babe but the one that reminds me of you the most is 'When We Dance' by Sting oh yeh and Sweet Thistle Pie! :lol:
Do you two need a moment OR A ROOM........

You're both a pair of rockers .................. I SAID ROCKERS

"Sweet Thistle Pie" by Cracker really does rock.
When Mrs Geek and I were Long distance dating, I sent her a box full of rolled up (clean) socks and the traditional "I think you are hot" compilation tape. On it (amoungst other things) were sweet loevely tunes like "When we dance".

I ended it with "Sweet thistle pie"... personally, I think it was what sold her ;)

Forgive me for asking but........socks...........WHY

The Nail Geek said:
"Sweet Thistle Pie" by Cracker really does rock.
When Mrs Geek and I were Long distance dating, I sent her a box full of rolled up (clean) socks and the traditional "I think you are hot" compilation tape. On it (amoungst other things) were sweet loevely tunes like "When we dance".

I ended it with "Sweet thistle pie"... personally, I think it was what sold her ;)
LOL I reckon it was the socks that did it..............beats rolled up red roses :p
the music was just an add on lol.........

princessmowgli said:
Forgive me for asking but........socks...........WHY
Sorry for going off topic here Princess - SOCKS - Coz when we were long distance 'falling in love' he asked me what really pi**ed me off about men!! I said it really annoyed me that my EX used to take off his socks and leave them in a ball so that I had to put my hands in his dirty sweaty socks to get them the 'right way around' to wash!! I mean how easy is it really to take socks off and 'flick them out'!! Hence him packing smultzy things in rolled up socks!! I swear - he got me then and there - even though he still doesn't leave his socks rolled up, I would mind if he did because he made me laugh so hard when I received that parcel!! :)

Mrs Geek said:
Sorry for going off topic here Princess - SOCKS - Coz when we were long distance 'falling in love' he asked me what really pi**ed me off about men!! I said it really annoyed me that my EX used to take off his socks and leave them in a ball so that I had to put my hands in his dirty sweaty socks to get them the 'right way around' to wash!! I mean how easy is it really to take socks off and 'flick them out'!! Hence him packing smultzy things in rolled up socks!! I swear - he got me then and there - even though he still doesn't leave his socks rolled up, I would mind if he did because he made me laugh so hard when I received that parcel!! :)

Agghhh thats a fab story...I love the sock thing, as I really know where you are coming from with that one lol

Mrs Geek said:
I said it really annoyed me that my EX used to take off his socks and leave them in a ball so that I had to put my hands in his dirty sweaty socks to get them the 'right way around' to wash:)
Err.......I think you missed something there me little sweetie! I love my husband, he's kind, considerate (sometimes!), is a bit of a softie, idolises his girls, excellent Mr Fixit, and by the way I can pretty much twist him round my little finger........although not too much, if you know what I mean;)

I will do pretty much anything for him......you know it works both ways....BUT, and I mean a very BIG BUT!!.........if he leaves his socks inside out or in a ball (and I can't flick them out without being contaminated!) then guess what......they go into the wash just as he damn well left them.....oh yes, I can be mean!!!

Dizzy Dellie:lol:

The Nail Geek said:
All Birdhouse in your soul - They Might Be Giants
Had to laugh at this one.......cat thought I was barking:eek:

Anyway, many years ago when this one was out in the charts, I was seeing my riding (horses......sheesh!!!) instructor. We were driving somewhere and I was having a drink out of a carton, with a straw.........well the straw pinged, the juice splutted.........over the gear stick and straight onto said boyfriend......me? well of course I just p****d myself didn't I......hehehe.....

Many years later.........and I still have fond memories of that song.........
Dellie

I will go along with most of the dance tunes already mentioned but the one that always got the floor full was New York New York by Frank Sinatra and I don't mean the first time round I may be old but I am not that old LOL.

Latest posts

Back