Musical Memories

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladybgemini

Reaction score
Hi

I absolutely love music, all sorts, and some songs spark some very good memories and some sad memories, some bad memories too.

If someone asks you what you all time favourite song is, can you honestly say there is just ONE song. I can't, i have so many, such a greedy geeky me lol.

Anyway, my top 10 fave songs and the memories they provoke are.

1) DJ Sammy - We're in Heaven (slow version). Sad memories of a 911 tribute.
2) Bon Jovi - I want you - happy memories from my younger days
3) Shania Twain - From this moment on - Happy memories from wedding day
4) Vonda Shepard - For once in my Life- happy memories meeting my now hubby, I used to play this full blast on the M5 on my way home from seeing him. What a saddo!
5) Nickleback - Savin Me - Happy drunk memories from the not to distant past getting drunk on MSN with Karen and making a complete fool of myself (no change there)
6) Mettallica - The Unforgiven - Memories from a past relationship that was good for a while......
7) Carpenters - Mr Postman, I was brought up on this music and it will always be a good memory
8) Pink Floyd - Obscured by Clouds - Played at a friends dad's funeral, was a sad day and that song struck a chord.
9)UB40 - Red Red Wine - Happy Days!
and finally 10) Meatloaf - Paradise by the Dashboard Lights - This is the one that me and hubby will embaress daughter with when she is a bit older hehe, singing into a wooden spoon lol!!

JIMMY SAVILLE on Sundays, I know this is not a song but if there was one thing that I remember about my family from when i was little was that just for one day everyone was happy, all mucking in together cooking sunday roast with Jimmy in the background.

So come on lets hear your fave songs and why.

If there is a song you cant quite remember, let me know either who sang it, what the words were, or title of song and I will look in hubbies music bible and maybe i can find it for you!!

I may even be able to ask hubby to put together a geeky compliation if people can come up with a collection of 18 songs dedicated to the geeks!!!

Rachel xxxx

wow rach like you i dont have one fav song i have soo many , so its a challenge to name my top 10 but ill have a go

1) bryan adams - everything i do- wedding dance song (not what we chose but he couldnt find ours, so weve grown to love that)
2) aint nobody- chaka khan - playing when i met my hubby
3) anything phil collins/genesis or pink floyd- reminds me of first proper boyfriend and my mates and the happy times we all spent together as a big group when we were in our final year of school - awwwww
4) meatloaf- anything for love- number one when i had ben
5) puff daddy and faith evans - ill be missing you - reminds me of when our baby jamie died and was so poignant for us, i still choke up just hearing first few bars
6) no matter what - boyzone- this was playin in the hospital when they told us matthew was going to to be ok and i held him for the first time
7)in the end - linkin park- reminds me of when ashleigh was born
8) still the one- shania twain, memories of me and hubby
9) flashdance - irene cara - first song i ever sang in front of anyone- gave me confidence i never knew i had
10) i have to stop here i have so many i could list 30 or more lol, so i wont bore you anymore

nicky xxxx

OMG!! I have just spentover half an hour thinking about my selection and pressed the wrong button when I was about to submit the post - lost the whole lot!!

I have sooooo much to do today - guess someone wanted to teach me a lesson for using up time that I can't afford to spare?!!

I will be back though - I love this thread :)

I did that too hun with a huge terrible twos thread. One day I will do it again!!!

Just a few from an old g*t that I can think of off the top of my head:

The Happening Diana Ross & the Supremes
Part Time Lover Steve Wonder
Get to This Marvin Gaye
Mack the Knife Bobby Darin
Lolas Theme Shapeshifters
Its all in the Game Temptations

I could go on all night!

Ooooh there's loads of songs... but here's a few that mean a lot to me and I always have to have them on LOUD!

Pink Floyd - Wish you Were Here... reminds me of my mum when she was around.. it was her music I was influenced by alot

Pink Floyd.. comfortably numb.. reminds me of going to Creamfields and seeing Scissor Sisters

Tracey Chapman - Talking bout a Revolution - my mum used to clean the house with this album on!..

Marc Cohn - Walking in Memphis - reminds me of my dad and my early teens.. as do most of his songs

Frank Sinatra.. My way... a relationship with an ex...

Paul Weller.. Broken Stones/Pebbles on a Beach... another relationship

Jethro Tull.. Too Old to Rock and Roll... .. growing up getting smashed...

Shakira/Christina Aguilera... Underneath your clothes... (not sure who sung it, but love this on FULL blast when driving...

Outkast... Hey ya... reminds me off the Christmas I met hubby...

David Bowie... most of them... me and hubby used to cook and listen to this album alot when we were first getting together

The Jam.. love it! All of it... reminds me of hubby too

Barry White... we used to play it when Cadence was a small babe in arms to get her to sleep...

Pearl Jam... Black... reminds me of college days getting wrecked in the field when bunking Economics...

I have the most varied CD collection... but those are songs that make me shiver... if you see what I mean!! There are loads more though...!

Hi

I absolutely love music, all sorts, and some songs spark some very good memories and some sad memories, some bad memories too.

If someone asks you what you all time favourite song is, can you honestly say there is just ONE song. I can't, i have so many, such a greedy geeky me lol.

Anyway, my top 10 fave songs and the memories they provoke are.

1) DJ Sammy - We're in Heaven (slow version). Sad memories of a 911 tribute.
2) Bon Jovi - I want you - happy memories from my younger days
3) Shania Twain - From this moment on - Happy memories from wedding day
4) Vonda Shepard - For once in my Life- happy memories meeting my now hubby, I used to play this full blast on the M5 on my way home from seeing him. What a saddo!
5) Nickleback - Savin Me - Happy drunk memories from the not to distant past getting drunk on MSN with Karen and making a complete fool of myself (no change there)
6) Mettallica - The Unforgiven - Memories from a past relationship that was good for a while......
7) Carpenters - Mr Postman, I was brought up on this music and it will always be a good memory
8) Pink Floyd - Obscured by Clouds - Played at a friends dad's funeral, was a sad day and that song struck a chord.
9)UB40 - Red Red Wine - Happy Days!
and finally 10) Meatloaf - Paradise by the Dashboard Lights - This is the one that me and hubby will embaress daughter with when she is a bit older hehe, singing into a wooden spoon lol!!

JIMMY SAVILLE on Sundays, I know this is not a song but if there was one thing that I remember about my family from when i was little was that just for one day everyone was happy, all mucking in together cooking sunday roast with Jimmy in the background.

So come on lets hear your fave songs and why.

If there is a song you cant quite remember, let me know either who sang it, what the words were, or title of song and I will look in hubbies music bible and maybe i can find it for you!!

I may even be able to ask hubby to put together a geeky compliation if people can come up with a collection of 18 songs dedicated to the geeks!!!

Rachel xxxx

Rachel, when my fella finally decides it's the right time for us to get married we WILL dance to Aerosmith-Don't wanna miss a thing!!

Loads of other favs though!!

Teri x:hug:

Latest posts

Back