Must have makeup products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChelleBells10

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I wondered if you could tell me your fave/must have's make up products to start up my kit as I'm newly qualified. I will mainly be doing bridal makeup...... Thanks in advance x

I love Benefit 'High Beam', Clinique 'Airbrush Concealer', Benefit 'They're Real' mascara is great and doesn't smudge which is great for brides. A real must-have of mine is YBF (formerly Models Prefer) Automatic Eyebrow Pencil. It is wonderful and suits everyone.

Thanks Lady Powderpuff. I've not heard if the YBF range before. Any tips on how to get the most for your money so to speak. I'm obviously just starting out so need to buy everything from scratch!

Anyone else??

its took me around 5 year to build up my kit... (also spent a fortune on it but its so worth it!) my main brands in my kit are: mac, illamasqua, bobbi brown, urban decay, ben nye and some others.

I do love some drugstore products as they save me loads: Collection2000 lasting perfection concealers are THE BEST and sooo cheap (boots, superdrug, tesco, asda sell this brand) they are so creamy yet full coverage and work better than mac concealers, my clients love them too

I buy false lashes in bulk from ebay, eldora etc. even sometimes get the £1 primark ones coz they are really good too and the band is thin so it easier to apply.

It will take you a long time to fully build your 'perfect' kit but it will be worth it in the end... theres plenty of youtube vids of MUA kits so have a look at those x

Thanks so much Hun, that's really helpful! I will have a little look around.
I'm going to Paris next month and there is a huge shop called Sephora which sells brands of makeup but a little cheaper so I want to buy some must have's whilst there xx

Thanks so much Hun, that's really helpful! I will have a little look around.
I'm going to Paris next month and there is a huge shop called Sephora which sells brands of makeup but a little cheaper so I want to buy some must have's whilst there xx

sephora is amazing you will be in girl heaven... i went to sephora in las vegas last year and bought tonnes of stuff coz it was cheaper: some brands to look out for: Kat Von D, Makeup Forever, Nars and Anastasia

One thing I can't be with out is my brow palette, mines from Kco and it has 4 shades but I've seen others equally good =)

Trust me sephora in paris will not be cheaper than makeup here. Makeup is more expensive in the euro zone!

Sephora is amazing though... it's like a sweety shop for us makeup lovers.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh that's a disappointment Salj :(
I'm still excited I go.

It will still be awesome. I spent ages in the one in barcelona but spent a small fortune!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

What should I be aiming to get to set up initially? (Basically the essentials)

Obviously I can expand my collection over time x

I'd say around 300-400 for a good basic kit, my kit is probably worth around the £4000 mark at the moment but like i say i have built this up over a course of 5 year.
everyone has to start somewhere :) if you would like any tips or anything feel free to inbox me x

My top 5 products for bridal makeup would be:

* mac blacktrax gel liner
* benefit coralista blusher
* urban decay primer potion or the elf primer
* Mac gold deposit
* Smashbox photo finish primer

Thanks so much ladies! X

I'd say around 300-400 for a good basic kit, my kit is probably worth around the £4000 mark at the moment but like i say i have built this up over a course of 5 year.
everyone has to start somewhere :) if you would like any tips or anything feel free to inbox me x

I will do that if you don't mind x

Anyone else care to share??xx

Make up forever had foundations are fab and photograph really well.
Laura mercier skin brightening powder is an absolute must!
DreamWeave mascara is the best mascara I've ever used.
Love love love real techniques face brushes but prefer mac brushes for eyes.
Bobbi brown skin brightening tint for under eyes id like a corrector and concealer in one, and love Laura mercier primer, Claris beauty flash balm and Elizabeth Arden 8 hr daily moisturiser too!
I do love make up!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Benefit ooh la lift and boing concealer I love! X

Latest posts

Back