must read

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire21nire

Reaction score
Hi guys needing some advice here, i've been working in a salon for the past 9 months and ive tried really hard there although it is very un professional and i feel i done all i could do, i have now left but am recieving very nasty txt messages from the boss getting personal, she is a very nasty woman and thinks she knows everything basically she is evil, any idea's folks???:cry:

how very unprofessional of her. if i were you hun, i would just ignore them, but save the texts.

she wants a response from you, but if you ignore them, she aint getting the response SHE WANTS.

in my eyes this is just bullying..........and no-one should have to put up with that.

ignore them as i suggest, and youll stay ABOVE her level flower

yea i guess ure right, she is saying my standard of work and dealing with clients is low which i really am so shocked at because i was the only professional one in the salon and the only one who cared about the professionalism and hygiene of the salon, its actually got so bad my mum has had to take it into her hands, the woman has a few other businesses but none of which are beauty/nails and she really has no idea what she is talking about regarding beauty, i do feel i need to do a refresh in my nails but regarding my attitude to clients and my beauty all my clients seemed happy with me and alot of them even complained about the other staff members who use to swear and be very noisey and very un professional especiall when taking appointments and instead of them playing nice soft fresh or relaxing music in the salon they played club music! Ive had nothing but hassle since i started with them and i am quite annoyed because all i tried to do was make it a good salon, what is wrong with these people?????

she is saying my standard of work and dealing with clients is low

thats an excuse that she has decided to use, dont let it get to you flower.

i was the only professional one in the salon and the only one who cared about the professionalism and hygiene of the salon,

which makes you the better person

all my clients seemed happy with me and alot of them even complained about the other staff members who use to swear and be very noisey and very un professional especiall when taking appointments

this is where YOUR professionalism comes in, and that wont be forgotten too quickly hun. imo its the un-professionailism of the "other staff" that stick in your clients minds

Ive had nothing but hassle since i started with them and i am quite annoyed because all i tried to do was make it a good salon, what is wrong with these people?????

nothing wrong with you at all hun. stay focused, and dont let this bully get to you

:hug::hug::hug:

Thankyou i really apreciate u taking the time to reply to me as i am quite upset!
ITs not nice when hard work is through back in your face!
These people are so nasty and are only out for money, ive never met people so two faced in my whole life!
I know they are going to bad mouth me now as they did the girl who worked for them before she only last 2 months though and they lied to me about her!
They have started slating my health as i have health problems, how ridiculous is this?

Hi I feel for you hun , there are always bitchy mean people in this world and if its not you they are talking about and being mean to , It will be someone else ,
they are as someone said just plain bullies ,
I am really shocked :eek: that your boss acts this way , does she have an alcohol problem ?

I think if it gets too much for you hun , I would put your health first and start looking for a new job :hug: x they don't deserve you ,

Not that i am aware of but she thinks she is bee's knee's! Thinks she is the queen and is better than everyone else, ive never known anyone quite like her.
Shes very sneaky and tells everyone different things to keep everyone happy you know what i mean, its supposed to be her daughters business and she is just 21 and has no idea about beauty therapy, although neither does the mother, which is why i tried extra hard to keep them right on beauty things etc but they didnt apreciate it and thought u had an attitude, the other 2 girls that work there stuck together and they are all from the same area in belfast, im from quiter area more country and just couldnt fit in with them. this has knocked my confidence and for a split second i considered leaing this industry all together, thinking maybe im not so good at nails!
But i am a fighter and i will succeed.
Another thing this woman said was i hope your new employer has insurance for you, although she doesnt have any other qualified staff apart from myself and also her daughter regulary takes nails into her own hands and doesnt have a clue what she is doing!!
I just wish now i had left months ago!

Hi It does sound as though you are clearly unhappy working there ,
I think that you should put yourself and your health first,
if you are dreading going into work it is not a good thing to carry on there ,
i would look for a better place to work as I don't think I could handle the put downs either , I know we should ignore put downs but they sap your confidence , :cry: x :hug: .

Hi is this awful woman qualified in anything at all or does she just run the place ? :hug: x

Yea 100% correct there minky, im not going back ie told them that, they are actually still sending txt messages at this time of the morning!
But aanyway i dont need them.
Thats for the support!!!

Yea 100% correct there minky, im not going back ie told them that, they are actually still sending txt messages at this time of the morning!
But aanyway i dont need them.
Thats for the support!!!

That is absolutely diabolical low down mean and nasty , they are such bullies , I would definitely save those texts as they sound like they are harassing you too :eek: and there may be laws against that sort of thing ,

someone I know asked their phone company to block calls and texts from a certain caller because of the same thing .

So have you left there now ? if you have I would
send someone else down there for anything you may have left behind , Im glad your mum is helping you , :hug: x

Hi , I can imagine you are really upset well I hope you fnd a really nice place to work in and you deserve to be happy ,

because you and all the other beauty geeks have worked so hard to get there :hug: good luck , ps tried to pm you but you need to empty some of your message your folder :hug: x minky

Yea sorry about that i just emptied it there! thanks for the advice, yea we all do work really hars in this indusrty and people thinks its straigh forward and easy but its damn hard work lol!

You're very welcome hun hugs to you and your mum :hug: x
hope you feel a lot better now that you have finished there ,
good luck once again, let us know how you get on and if you find somewhere nice ? :hug: x

how very unprofessional of her. if i were you hun, i would just ignore them, but save the texts.

she wants a response from you, but if you ignore them, she aint getting the response SHE WANTS.

in my eyes this is just bullying..........and no-one should have to put up with that.

ignore them as i suggest, and youll stay ABOVE her level flower
good advice given here hun....and the only thing i can add is,if they are still texting you buy another sim card so you have different number....that way it stops and you have the last laugh as she is still texting "you"!!!!!xxx

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, I think you are better off out of there.

If she is sending you abusive text messages then you should contact the police and report her. They will log this and give you a ref. number, and then you should contact your mobile phone operator with this reference number. The mobile company may offer you a change of number for free (although I know this is often inconvenient if you have advertised your number).

Ultimately if it continues she can be charged with offences under the telecommunications act. dont let her get away with this, she is being a bully and she needs to be shown that you wont sit and take it.

Good luck I hope you get it sorted soon :green:

this sounds pretty similar to what I went through when I was renting space in a hairdressers in the summer and let me tell you it wont get better! if thats the sort of person she is she wont change so you really are best to look for someone else!
The woman I rented of basically thought she was my boss!! she would slate me and yet she was so unprofessional that she used to have arguments with her sister on the phone in front of a couple of clients :eek:! then one day it all came to a head cos we could not take the atmosphere anymore, and its quite easy to see from the argument we had that she was just plain nuts! :lol:
She actually had the cheek to mention the fact that i'd took a day off to attend a funeral who wasnt immediate family :eek: and how unprofessional it was! when in fact every client that she had the minute they walked out the door she'd start bitching about them to other clients!!! :eek:

seriously you are so much better than them some people are just idiots like that and it'l only end up getting you down if it carries on honestly!

good luck!:hug:

I have disposed of my sim card so she cannot txt me anymore and i stopped replying to the txt messages after my mum txt her and told her to leave me alone and that the matter was now in her hands, it has got me down and i am stuck in a rut and left wondering am i crap at nails but at the end of the day she was happy untill i said i was leaving, i know i was never going to get anywere there.
I ahave an interview tommorrow morning with Nails Inc which im praying i get, even though im sure it will be difficult working in a model under nerves considering how im feeling right now, but fingers crossed, ifi get it i get it and if not ill find somwere else.
I'm actually thinking about doing mobile because i have my driving test coming up and will have access to my own car soon!
I am feeling alot better because of all you guys giving me advice,
Thanks so much for the support guys it is very much apreciated,
Claire xo:hug::)

Poor you, hun, lots of :hug: :hug: cos I know I would be feeling down as well if it was me, I'm so glad you left there, life's too short, some people are just arseholes and that's their prerogative . . . . what goes around comes around.

It's hard not to let it sap your confidence I know, but that's what you need to try and do. I hope you find somewhere to work where they appreciate you, you sound like a lovely person . . . . I'm sure your skills are fab, but in any case, remember skills can be learned, being a nice person can't be learned :hug:

If you do go mobile I'm sure you won't regret it, you're your own boss, nobody to answer to except yourself. And imo much more lucrative than working for somebody else and soooo rewarding as your client base builds through word of mouth and you have nobody to pat on the back except yourself.

I think you did the right thing about your phone.

Latest posts

Back