My 1st Attempt to Marbelize Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Your Nail Pro

Reaction score
Ok, here is a pic of my 1st attempt at marbelizing nails using the water method and two different shades of OPI Lacquer. What do you think?

marbelizingapril.jpg

they look really good

did they take you long to do ??

and i know layla will just love them cause they are her favourite colour :D :D :D :D

Well, it took 1 HOUR start to finish! I had never done it before and we encountered problems. But, hey the finished product is all that counts, right? LOL!

:p

Your Nail Pro said:
Ok, here is a pic of my 1st attempt at marbelizing nails using the water method and two different shades of OPI Lacquer. What do you think?

Lovely Leigh Ann - really eye-catching and love the colours ;) - what shades of OPI are they?

Lovely Leigh Ann - really eye-catching and love the colours ;) - what shades of OPI are they?

I used OPI All Rose Lead to Rome and & Belize it or Not, belive it or not,,,,,lol.......ok I know that was lame.

Leigh Ann[/quote]

Nice one babe, they look fab..............
Makes me want to play too..........
Well maybe next week, when I have a bit more time..............
Not enough hours in the day at the moment............

love Ruth xxxxxxxx

Hi Leigh Ann, really love the nails - would you give us newbies some info on "how to", thanks

Julie

scissorhappy57 said:
Hi Leigh Ann, really love the nails - would you give us newbies some info on "how to", thanks

Julie

Hey Julie

Believe me I am still a newbie too! I would recommend visiting transdesign.com and look under nail art for marbelizing techniques, they explain with pictures the process. I differed slightly from their process only in the fact that I did a swirled random pattern instead of specific designed pattern. You will see what I mean from the pictures. That is why the nails I did tend to look all different, kind of like real marble!

Leigh Ann

sawasdee kha

I see in japan and american magazine them sell for make marbleize nail i look before do you think customer will want or not .

i look marbelize nail and i not sure if i like i think in american magazine was 40 dollar and i not see how many nail can make .

I dont li8ke nails sticker and i not sure about marbalize .

Kop khun kha mui

scissorhappy57 said:

Julie
Theres already a few posts on the nail art forum on how to do water marbelling ;-)

Its eaaaaasy.....

Paint your nails white. Get a cup of cold water. Its prob best to cover your work surface with old paper of something, its messy!!

Drip a drop of nail varnish into the water, I always use white first because it makes the other colours stand out better and lessens the chance of them merging together.

As soon as you have dripped in the forst drop, drop in another colour. Allow the varnish to spread out. take a cocktail stick and gently swirl the colours.

Dip your finger tip into the water so the varnish has covered it. Keep it in the water, and move all the unused varnish on the top out of the way with the cocktail stick, and slide your finger out.

Drag all the old varnish off the surface and wipe it in a tissue or something. Then do the process again on the other nails

You can try all diff colours, I love white, pink and purple!!!!

Lovely nails Leigh Ann, brill for your first go! ;-) Keep going and get more pics up! I jus LOVE watermarbling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxlaylaxx

They are fantastic! Absolutely gorgeous! :flower:

I might play tomorrow because I have nobody booked in. I bet it isn't as simple as it sounds! :D

Mui said:
sawasdee kha

I see in japan and american magazine them sell for make marbleize nail i look before do you think customer will want or not .

i look marbelize nail and i not sure if i like i think in american magazine was 40 dollar and i not see how many nail can make .

I dont li8ke nails sticker and i not sure about marbalize .

Kop khun kha mui

I think it depend on the age range of your clients. Younger people tend to want this type of design. Older people may choose this design for spacial occasions only. Or just those clients with a wild side! But you do not need to purchase a kit. All you need is a plastic cup, regualr nail polish, and a striper brush or toothpick to get started. Go to transdesign.com to see more about the procedure!

Leigh Ann

They are beautiful! :D

BUT, how on earth do you get the enamel on your nails and not your skin as well? :?

Am I missing something? :?

Karen

LOL you wipe the enamel off your skin afterwards. I use just a touch of polish remover on a cotton bud and wipe it off and wash my hands when my nails have dried!! :rolleyes: ;)

xxlaylaxx

hi well done you have showed us a thing or two chrissie

Nails are absolutley wicked. I have not tried marble but will now....let you guys know how I get on..... :D

Julia
http:\\juliasnails.jvbend.co.uk

Hi Laystar,

Just a couple of questions really regarding the water marblising. I just sat down with all my polishes and water etc, and tried to do water marblising. Lets just say the outcome wasnt too good! Ok, did you say you always paint the nails white before dipping? And did you say always add white to the water along with the other chosen colours? Ok, now do i have to change my water after each fingernail, or just use the cocktails stick to remove from the water the old colours? How come mine just looked like a big splodge of messed up colour? and is there an easy way to remove all the polish from around the fingernail?

Thanks for the help.

Michelle xx

I think they look real elegant and classy!!! And I would think even the elderly would do fine with this style......it just depends on the combination of colors being used. But that's just my opinion ofcourse ;)

the colours have turned out lovely on your nails, really lovely!
these tips are marbelized but i think the colours are a bit too dark, oh well back to playing lol.
pics none too clear still learning with the camera too.

Attachments

• test 093.jpg
    test 093.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 72
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back