My 2 jobs conflict

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tjo

Reaction score
I have just set up as a freelance nail tech, I am also working as a chamber maid Saturdays and Sundays, I need to pay the bills some how

the problem is that I feel it important to have nice nails as the first thing some one does when you say your a nail tech is look at your nails, but they just get trashed from all the cleaning and bed making, and we are not allowed nail polish.

I spend most of sunday night trying to repair the damage for them to be trashed again in 5 days.
Do you think it important to keep your nails nice.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

I have just set up as a freelance nail tech, I am also working as a chamber maid Saturdays and Sundays, I need to pay the bills some how

the problem is that I feel it important to have nice nails as the first thing some one does when you say your a nail tech is look at your nails, but they just get trashed from all the cleaning and bed making, and we are not allowed nail polish.

I spend most of sunday night trying to repair the damage for them to be trashed again in 5 days.
Do you think it important to keep your nails nice.

Hi, yes even if it's something simple especially if people are checking your nails out...
Why don't you put a silk/fibreglass wrap on them and no-one will know, this will give some strength too
Hth

I wear enhancements, gel as l & p disintegrates with all the chemicals, though they are quite long maybe I'm best to keep them really short.

Maybe I'm just being a grumpy cow.

Hi, I have a day job and always keep my nails nice, it's important if your advertising yourself but I know what you mean about spending time trying to keep them looking good x

I work in a care home which is luckily very lenient with hair, nails, jewellery etc... In fact I am going in today with bright red hair and a massive flower hair piece and I can guarantee I won't get spoken to!

My boss is never without her Gelish, and neither am I. I'd never let my job interfere with my own personal image, and I don't understand why other employers treat their staff that way!

Why don't you wear a sheer gelish? Or even just base and topcoat Gelish for strength, and you could paint over it during the week? xxx

I actually may do that, use shellac neglige but then use normal polish over the top for in the week.

I wonder if I could get away with a rockstar ring finger, I'd its a light colour?

Hopefuly one day nails will be my full time job

Yep I do think its important, but I find doing nails (filing/soaking off etc) ruins my nails :( I suggest a clear gel overlay, add strength then u can paint them/remove polish to suit ur jobs. Xx

Could you try wearing gloves when you are working as a chamber maid? I've found it the only way to keep my nails nice, and after all, we advise our clients to wear gloves. I'm not particular good with rubber gloves so I wear cotton inners and then the rubber gloves. I also slather my hands in hand cream and nails in oil before I put the gloves on. You wouldn't believe the good it does your skin and nails.

Funny thing is im religious at wearing gloves at home but at work we don't, think its cos we have to work so fast that putting gloves on and off all time slows you down.

Could you try just leaving the gloves on to do everything? If you use the thin disposable glove, you can do most things in them - the kind we use for waxing. It's what I do and I just do everything in them as though I'm not wearing gloves, including washing my "hands" if need be. Bottom line is, I am not prepared to sacrifice having lovely nails.

yep nails need to look nice all the time...i know its hard!

try a natural overlay and paint it during the week, polish will last longer on it anyway and at least gives you an excuse to keep changing the colour!!

I have decided on a natural overlay with strawberry smoothy shellac and iv matted the top coat and added rain drops, just to be a bit individual. will see if they notice

Thanks for all your suggestions x

Work didn't say anything today about my nails

Latest posts

Back