My 6 year old son has a verruca, advice how to get rid of it please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carla-laa

Reaction score
As the title says....
My little boy has a verruca underneath his little toe. I've never had one myself so don't know the best way to treat it.
Does anyone have any tips?
Searches on here uncover all sorts, most quite old though, so was after some more recent advice.
And seeing that he's my 'baby' I don't want to use anything too harsh.
I remember reading Blossoms tip of trying slithers of garlic so may try that first! He'll think I've gone mad! :eek:
I know they're meant to be really contagious but I cannot get him to keep his socks on!, I would not be impressed if I catch it!

When I was little, I had one and mum used to apply salactol to it every day, and then after a week she would use a razor blaze to take the dead skin off the top. It worked. However I had a little cluster for about 5 years lately and I literally tried everything to get rid of it... until literally I woke up one morning a month ago and it had just vanished! So maybe it's true what they say in that if you leave them alone they eventually go on there own x

My daughter has one too im using scholl verruca gel it takes a layer of skin off and you can see it gradually getting smaller, great product to use for them and also it doesnt hurt or irritate in anyway she forgets it is there when i apply the gel x

Banana skin and duck tape. Changed daily. The duck tape starves the verruca of oxygen. My little boy had one and it cleared up within 2 weeks. A chiropodist told my sister about this trick and she cured her deep rooted one within a month

Cider vinegar or CryoPen

Thank you everyone, I'm now spoilt for choice with what to try! :)

I had one for years and tried everything! Someone said to try Tea Tree oil and it worked and has never come back. X

A lot of Doctors actually now don't prescribe anything for the treatment of verrucas or warts. If you leave well alone it will just go on its own! They have a life span & eventually just disappear! it's caused by the hpv virus (the vaccine they now give to teenage girls for cervical cancer) so for girls it can also offer some protection in later life against if they have had a verruca or wart.

My chiropodist told me to use high concentrated tea tree oil, applied everyday day to my daughters foot. They went so it worked.

My daughter had a few on her foot and tried duct tape for a week file and back to the duct tape, this didn't work for us but I've heard it has worked for others. In the end I bought bazuka gel and filed every night and they all went in two weeks xx

My daughter had suffered with around 8/10 verrucas on her feet, I tried everything , until someone mentioned the caustic pencil ( silver nitrate ), and two applications and they have disappeared ... best out there xx

Ooh wow I'm off to get one for daughter as she has two teeny ones. Good tip - thanks xx

Homeopathic thuja capsules. I got mine from holland & Barrett and they got rid of my 2 verrucas on my feet x

Latest posts

Back