My aching shoulder!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsia

Reaction score
Well after a bad nights sleep last week, my shoulder has been really aching for a week now. Pain killers just wernt touching it.

The other day my fella came home late from the night shift, like at 3 am, and I was up... in agony, yet again.

Now the pain is like I have a trapped nerve or have pulled something, but its location is impossible and just trying to massage it myself wasnt helping.
After asking him to do it for me so I could relax, I got refused cos he was tired!! :eek: :mad: :eek: Absolutely no sympathy!

With that, I then turned and got out my vibrator! :o At first he asked me what the hell I was up to.
I had laid down with it on full blast underneath my shoulder and went soundly off to sleep with the releif from my niggling pain at last.
Subsiquently keeping my fella up most of the night! :lol: Haha,
sorry if its a bit rude, come on dont be a prude, they are just a machine and weve all got 'em...(well most of us) ....

and I just found another use!
..also my pain isnt as intense now. :green:

Have you thought about going to see a chiropractor, yes they can be pricy but OMG they are good. Its easier to treat an acute problem in the early stages rather than a chronic one which will take longer and more money of course. I injured my back/shoulder two years ago and am only just seeing one now, but so worth it. Hope you feel better soon:hug:

wonder if my platinum rabbit will help my sciatica lol.....

yes, I was going to because I literally couldnt use my arm in the morning until I had been up for about half hour.
However, its certainly easing since that other night, so I'll see. I have already an appointment booked with the doc so see what they say. thanks hun xx

Well after a bad nights sleep last week, my shoulder has been really aching for a week now. Pain killers just wernt touching it.

The other day my fella came home late from the night shift, like at 3 am, and I was up... in agony, yet again.

Now the pain is like I have a trapped nerve or have pulled something, but its location is impossible and just trying to massage it myself wasnt helping.
After asking him to do it for me so I could relax, I got refused cos he was tired!! :eek: :mad: :eek: Absolutely no sympathy!

With that, I then turned and got out my vibrator! :o At first he asked me what the hell I was up to.
I had laid down with it on full blast underneath my shoulder and went soundly off to sleep with the releif from my niggling pain at last.
sorry if its a bit rude, come on dont be a prude, they are just a machine and weve all got 'em...(well most of us) ....

Tsia!

Trust you to lower the tone!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: I must admit you made me giggle though!!!

I wouldnt recommend using you 'friend' permanently though - go and get it looked at. My dad left a painful neck for ages, and it eventually lead to him having to have 6 weeks off work to completely rest. Not good when your self employed!! lol.

xxx

wonder if my platinum rabbit will help my sciatica lol.....
well its not a medical tip but worked well for me. I suppose its no different from a normal body massager that you can buy

Tsia I am currently have physio and Hydrotherapy each week (sometimes two) for my shoulder (fell down stairs) and I would seriously recommend you see someone for your shoulder before you end up with less movement etc.. I cant raise my arm enough to straighten my hair now!! so I wear a hair band.. very nice but I'm not 12....

Once again, women thinking outside the box, I love it!! (no pun intended):eek:

by the way just so you all know I am also seeing a doctor for my knackered back. But if something can give me a bit more ease......lol

PMSL!!!!!:) I thought you were actually going to say Solar Oil!! I dont know why, i suppose because it has so many uses!

PMSL!!!!!:) I thought you were actually going to say Solar Oil!! I dont know why, i suppose because it has so many uses!
hey, now I bet it wouldnt do any harm! LOL

Ten out of ten for ingenuity!!!

But to raise the tone again slightly, if your pain is under you shoulder blade where you can't get to it (you'll need your fella or helpful other person for this) lie on your front, put a rolled up towel under your shoulder and put the back of your hand in the small of your back (at the bottom where it curves in). Relax your arm so your elbow drops, this should raise your shoulder blade and your helpy helper can massage the muscles under the bone.

Doesn't work on everyone, but might be worth a try for longer lasting relief that doesn't keep the wife up all night!!!!

By the way, I am a qualified massage therapist, i'm not just making stuff up I promise.

:lol: pmsl with a splitting headache you've got my 1st laugh for the day :)

PMSL! Obvously not at your pain though!
I'll bare that one in mind if the need ever arises!:green:

well there it is ....my valid excuse to go out/be brave and buy one !!! lol
ill go into annsummers (or any other similar place) and say "can have your biggest please,ive got an awful ache in my right arm!!! !:green:
hahahaha
just to add ...i dont have one and never have ...am i all alone here :eek:

:lol:
well there it is ....my valid excuse to go out/be brave and buy one !!! lol
ill go into annsummers (or any other similar place) and say "can have your biggest please,ive got an awful ache in my right arm!!! !:green:
hahahaha
just to add ...i dont have one and never have ...am i all alone here :eek:

Roar with Laughter :lol:
Love the bit at the end sorry, I was just wondering how long it would take someone to say that:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back