My Advertising flyers - feedback please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minipig007

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just reading through the threads and I saw someone mention that for advertising flyers it would be good to post them up for feedback to see what you think of them....

Here's my first flyer - it's just a little bit one to try and get people to look on the website/call me. It doesn't give that much info to try and keep it clear.

Constructive feedback greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys!

http://file-city.co.uk/files/katrinacooper/photo/flyer3.png

Hi all,

Just reading through the threads and I saw someone mention that for advertising flyers it would be good to post them up for feedback to see what you think of them....

Here's my first flyer - it's just a little bit one to try and get people to look on the website/call me. It doesn't give that much info to try and keep it clear.

Constructive feedback greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys!

http://file-city.co.uk/files/katrinacooper/photo/flyer3.png

fantastic, straight to the point.

like it a lot but......

the writing gets larger as it goes down the page and its quite heavy and dare I say, slightly oppressive. Either do one of the lines in colour or change the font to a softer one.

but apart from that, fab!

Ok... don't want to criticise and basically I do think it's fine, the only thing I'm not keen on is the word residential - it conjurs up images of old folks' homes (sorry!) why not just say 'Home-Based Beauty Therapist' ? :hug:

Also, I have a friend who has done some graphic design and I know he would question the 'white space' as in, there isn't much. Don't be afraid of white space, I think it will make the whole thing look calmer. I am being long winded but what I am saying I suppose is that I agree with hippy chick, the lettering is quite heavy, and I think it could look more elegant with smaller lettering and more 'white space'

Hope you don't mind me saying this, don't want to offend :hug:

Last edited:
I love the wording and flower. Hate saying this but the thing I dont like is the font,,,,,,seems harsh and not relaxing.

I would only change the font for something that suggests feminine elegance.
Love what it says, the flower is perfect and the content is clear.
Yep, it works:hug:

Residential Beauty Room
Treatment brochure available online
or call to receive a copy

Evening and weekend appointments available

www. the beauty base .net

07921 570868

unwind.....relax.....indulge

Just popped this into lilac and italics and took away the capital letters from the last line... kind of softens it all a bit ?

yes i think it does, also are you residential because you have a room in your home, a hotel or other peoples houses, its a term im not familiar with sorry!

have a play around with the font, and maybe try it in blues or lilacs instead of black :) xx

its good but i'd say change font and also the font colour

people may not know what you mean by residential, try home based beauty therapist or home based salon treatments

Hi all,

Thanks for taking the time to have a look at it and give me your critiques! much appreciated! I've actually printed them on cream paper/card so the black doesn't stand out as much, and as they are only small slips (4 to a piece of A4 paper) the large font doesn't seem so large.

With the "residential" vs "home" - when i was training i had advertised as a home based treatment room, and i got so many queries from people who thought i was mobile. I came up with residential as to try and get away from that as when people see the word home they tend to associate it with their own rather than someone elses! But if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. i'll know for the next lot that I do.

I had tried it with a more "feminine" font, but it became very unclear to read, so I did it in this font so it was clean and crisp, which it looks on the cream card. again, possibly just a situation of different strokes for different folks.

thanks again everyone!

Hi Katrina,

Please forgive me if I be harsh here - it's not out of spite but rather out of a genuine desire to help.

Remember that your flyer is competing for attention with hundreds of other pieces of advertising. This news story opened my eyes: BBC NEWS | England | Tyne | Junk mail turned into sculpture

Imagine a flyer being a combination of a road side billboard advert and a sales letter

The roadside billboard part means that you have to get the message across in 2 seconds and persuade the person holding the flyer to take another look rather than to bin it.

Nothing on your flyer does this. Nothing grabs my attention and says read more. You need a powerful headline that stands out and entices people to read further.

The second part of the flyer is to be a sales letter - it needs to persuade people to do business with you by showing them some of the benefits you offer. You've got one partial benefit listed "evening and weekend appointments" but I think you could develop that more to tie into your client's unmet needs - they're busy at work, stressed etc.

This part of the flyer can be long - don't be afraid of writing all the words you need to convince someone to take the action you want. I've had great response using a terrible looking flyer with a lot of words - we got more than 15 responses for every 100 flyers we distributed.

The flyer is missing three other things:

1. A call to action - spell out what you want the reader to do - do you want them to call for an appointment, do you want them to visit your website? Make it clear and strong.

2. A great offer - why should they do what you want them to do NOW. Perhaps some kind of incentive. I presume that you're hoping to get a few more regular clients with this flyer and not just hand out some treatment brochures.

3. A tracking mechanism. You must track the responses to your advertising to know what's working and what's not. You can do this by setting up a separate web address with tracking software to track responses, asking people to bring the flyer in in exchange for some incentive etc.

I do hope you're not offended - I seek only to help.

Kind regards

Pete Bowen

hiya

I just wanted to let you know that I have just had a good nose at your website and I think its fantastic!! You have really really put in a huge amount of effort and I think that its really paid off. You have given loads of info on the treatments and products and made your salon sound really inviting!!
Giving people regular updates on your special offers etc is also a great idea. This will really increase your client base.

Well done & the very best of luck for the future :hug:

Latest posts

Back