My attempt at acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nash

Reaction score
Hello Nail Geeks,

I would love some feedback on this set of acrylic nails I did. Please be 100% pure honest as that is the only way I can get better.

Thanks for looking,
Epson PhotoCenter - Visit Albums - View Photo

Nash

Hey Nash,

Have u any other pictures? just it doesnt really show the thickness, apex, etc also wondered if they were done with coloured acrylic or painted ? xx

Hey Nash,

Have u any other pictures? just it doesnt really show the thickness, apex, etc also wondered if they were done with coloured acrylic or painted ? xx

Sorry, no other pics. I guess I should have taken more pics. Next time I will take more pics at different angles. Those are painted. I have not worked with coloured acrylics yet.

Nash

well they look good from the pic hun, well done for posting I know it can be a bit nerve racking at first xx

from what i can see..i think they look really nice...if i were being picky i would say that some look a little more rounded on the corners than others..but they do look v. nice!

Hi there Nash and may I say, BRAVE girl.

Well, so that you know my credentials, I am teacher of students for more than 20 years, an author of a book entitled 'nailclass' which is a book on the TECHNIQUES of creating beautiful nails, and an international judge of nail competitions SO .............................

My comments would be that these nails do look like the nails have been done by a new practitioner ... someone still in the practise stage of their development.

They are by no means terrible or anything like that, so please do not be disheartened ... if anything my comments go to show that you have a way to go but for student nails they are about average. They are what I would expect to see.

It takes a long time to do 10 nails that all look exactly the same and of course because they are painted I cannot see if there re any bubbles, I can't see your whites, I cant see your proportion, etc. Can't see your apex placement, sidewalls ... can't see much really that I would need to see to help you to make a marked improvement.

Next time you must be even more brave and post 'naked' nails and shots from different angles so they can be properly judged.

Well done for now and carry on perfecting!! :hug:

Can I just say how courageous I think you are, there is NO WAY I would have been brave enough to post a pic of any of my nails when I was fairly new at it :hug:

It goes to show how serious you are about your career which is great.

As has been said, some pics next time from all angles would be good; however, jolly good attempt. In my area I have seen nails which have been done by some techs that have been working for years and look the same as these ones ... . that is meant as a compliment btw not an insult lol! From the stage you are at, with a bit of one to one training (or tbh with the guidance and advice from geeks on here especially the ones at the top) I think you could progress fairly swiftly from these nails to really brilliant ones.

Anyways I reckon your lady must have been pretty pleased with the nails you did for her, well done xx

from what i can see..i think they look really nice...if i were being picky i would say that some look a little more rounded on the corners than others..but they do look v. nice!

Thank you. I have to agree with you on the corners. One day I will get them all to look the same :)

Nash

well done for posting huni.xxxxx:hug:and they look good xxx

Hi there Nash and may I say, BRAVE girl.

Well, so that you know my credentials, I am teacher of students for more than 20 years, an author of a book entitled 'nailclass' which is a book on the TECHNIQUES of creating beautiful nails, and an international judge of nail competitions SO .............................

My comments would be that these nails do look like the nails have been done by a new practitioner ... someone still in the practise stage of their development.

They are by no means terrible or anything like that, so please do not be disheartened ... if anything my comments go to show that you have a way to go but for student nails they are about average. They are what I would expect to see.

It takes a long time to do 10 nails that all look exactly the same and of course because they are painted I cannot see if there re any bubbles, I can't see your whites, I cant see your proportion, etc. Can't see your apex placement, sidewalls ... can't see much really that I would need to see to help you to make a marked improvement.

Next time you must be even more brave and post 'naked' nails and shots from different angles so they can be properly judged.

Well done for now and carry on perfecting!! :hug:

Can I just say how courageous I think you are, there is NO WAY I would have been brave enough to post a pic of any of my nails when I was fairly new at it :hug:

It goes to show how serious you are about your career which is great.

As has been said, some pics next time from all angles would be good; however, jolly good attempt. In my area I have seen nails which have been done by some techs that have been working for years and look the same as these ones ... . that is meant as a compliment btw not an insult lol! From the stage you are at, with a bit of one to one training (or tbh with the guidance and advice from geeks on here especially the ones at the top) I think you could progress fairly swiftly from these nails to really brilliant ones.

Anyways I reckon your lady must have been pretty pleased with the nails you did for her, well done xx

Hi Geeg,

Funny, I just ordered the Nailclass book. I had no idea you were the author of it. I can't wait till it gets here.

ROTFL practice stage....LOL oh my yes yes yes. I am so at the very beginning it isn’t funny. That was like my third set of acrylics. I just wish I would have taken some, as you say, naked pictures of the nails. Next time though they will be plenty naked and lots of angles.

:eek:Average, is there a shaking shuttering smile icon any where? LOL average is great for the moment :) but I sure am not staying there. Next time you will be able to see if there are any bubbles, you'll see the whites, the proportions, the sidewalls, and what is apx?

Thank you Geeg.

Blossom,

Thank you for you comments. I am very serious about my career. I was a wee bit nervous posting it. I have been on some forums where people are not so nice about their comments to each other. However, after spending weeks reading this forum I came to the conclusion that you are all very nice and eager to help :) which is so refreshing. There are so many talented people on here who are so willing to help.

I took your compliment as a compliment :) Thank you!

What is tbh?

The lady I put them on is very sweet and she was very encouraging.

Thanks for the:hug:'s,
Nash

p.s.
Thank you all for the warm welcome :hug:

to be honest lol

well done for posting huni.xxxxx:hug:and they look good xxx

Thank you sj. Hey, am I understanding correctly that you are in Suffolk? I am in Virginia Beach.

Nash

A/S/L - Age/Sex/Location*
ATM - At The Moment
AKA - Also Known As
B2B - Business To Business*
B4 - Before
B/F - Boyfriend
BFF - Best Friend Forever*
BRB - Be Right Back*
BTW - By The Way
CIAO - Goodbye In Italian
CYA - See Ya
DH - Dear Husband
DIY - Do It Yourself
DS - Dear Sister
DW - Dear Wife
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
FAV/FAVE - Favorite
FYI - For Your Information
G/F - Girlfriend
HB - Hurry Back*
Hehe - A laugh or a giggle
HTH - Hope This Helps
IDK - I Don't Know*
IM - Instant Message
IMO - In My Opinion
IMHO - In My Humble Opinion or In My Honest Opinion
L&P - Liquid & Powder
LOL - Laugh out Loud or Lots of Laughter
LMAO - Laughing My Arse Off
M8TE - Mate
MMA - Methyl MethAcrylate
MWAH - The sound a kiss makes
OMG - Oh My God
PITA - Pain In The Arse
PLZ - Please
PMSL - P*** Myself Laughing
PM - Private Message
POV - Point of View
POS - Parent Over Shoulder*
P&W - Pink & Whites
ROFL - Rolling on the floor Laughing
ROFLMAO - Rolling On the Floor Laughing My Azz Off
ROFLOLPIMP - Rolling On the Floor, Laughing Out Loud, Peeing In My Pants
NNO - Natural Nail Overlay
NSS - Non Standard Salon
NVQ - National Vocational Qualification
THX - Thanks
TMI - Too Much Information
TTFN - Ta Ta For Now
TTYL - Talk To You Later
T2YL - Talk To You Later*
TY - Thank You
TYVM - Thank You Very Much
WTF - What The F***
WTG - Way To Go
WYSIWYG - What You See Is What You Get
YW - Your Welcome
9 - Parent Watching*
99 - Parent No Longer Watching*

Hey I can't believe tbh isn't on there lol

Thank you sj. Hey, am I understanding correctly that you are in Suffolk? I am in Virginia Beach.

Nash
yes hun i am in suffolk uk !!!! is there suffolk near you then????xx

ATM - At The Moment
AKA - Also Known As
B4 - Before
B/F - Boyfriend
BRB - Be Right Back*
BTW - By The Way
CIAO - Goodbye In Italian
CYA - See Ya
DH - Dear Husband
DIY - Do It Yourself
DS - Dear Sister
DW - Dear Wife
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
FAV/FAVE - Favorite
FYI - For Your Information
G/F - Girlfriend
HB - Hurry Back*
Hehe - A laugh or a giggle
HTH - Hope This Helps
IDK - I Don't Know*
IM - Instant Message
IMO - In My Opinion
IMHO - In My Humble Opinion or In My Honest Opinion
L&P - Liquid & Powder
LOL - Laugh out Loud or Lots of Laughter
LMAO - Laughing My Arse Off
M8TE - Mate
MMA - Methyl MethAcrylate
MWAH - The sound a kiss makes
OMG - Oh My God
PITA - Pain In The Arse
PLZ - Please
PMSL - P*** Myself Laughing
PM - Private Message
POV - Point of View
POS - Parent Over Shoulder*
P&W - Pink & Whites
ROFL - Rolling on the floor Laughing
ROFLMAO - Rolling On the Floor Laughing My Azz Off
ROFLOLPIMP - Rolling On the Floor, Laughing Out Loud, Peeing In My Pants
NNO - Natural Nail Overlay
NSS - Non Standard Salon
NVQ - National Vocational Qualification
THX - Thanks
TMI - Too Much Information
TTFN - Ta Ta For Now
TTYL - Talk To You Later
T2YL - Talk To You Later*
TY - Thank You
TYVM - Thank You Very Much
WTF - What The F***
WTG - Way To Go
WYSIWYG - What You See Is What You Get
YW - Your Welcome
9 - Parent Watching*
99 - Parent No Longer Watching*

Hi, Blossom,

Left one out! lol!! IYKWIM! (If you know what I mean) :):):)

Hi, Blossom,

Left one out! lol!! IYKWIM! (If you know what I mean) :):):)

Thanks Retired, Was wondering what that meant but didnt want to ask as i wanted to seem with it, lol. Im sooooooooo not. :irked:

ATM - At The Moment
AKA - Also Known As
B4 - Before
B/F - Boyfriend
BRB - Be Right Back*

AWE Thank you Blossom :) This is awesome!

Nash

yes hun i am in suffolk uk !!!! is there suffolk near you then????xx

ROTFL ROTFL that is too funny. I told my hubby that you lived in Suffolk. So when I got this message I started laughing and he looked at me, so I read him your message and he started laughing. Yes, there is a Suffolk near us. I guess we won't be getting together any time soon....LOL

What a hoot!

Nash

well they look good from the pic hun, well done for posting I know it can be a bit nerve racking at first xx

Thank you Sarah. I still have not figured out how to post a pic in here or at the User CP place. :confused:

Nash

i think they look nice.you have done a lovely job of painting them:)

Latest posts

Back