my awful toenail.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BABSann

Reaction score
Well I am going to post a pic of it in my profile pics as cant upload it here,but it's horrendous and I feel like I have old lady toenail syndrome:eek:

I posted a while ago because I could see it was onycholosis and at that time it wasn't a fungal infection but now it's green and white and not nice.

I remember Geeg saying that once the green comes out,the infection has cleared,that's just the aftermath(or something like that)please correct me if I'm wrong.

Trouble is it's a problem I have from a previous operation on my feet,the toe sticks up and constantly rubs against my shoe.It's done so much damage including bringing the toe to a buffed state.

Any ideas how to stop it from happening again once I get rid of it??

P.s give me 5 mins whilst I take piccie and upload in my profile.All advice greatly appreciated.xx

I am guessing here chick...keep it really short or try one of those toe cushions you can get from the chemist....be ok in summer...open toe sandals !!. xx

yes,Its not a problem in the summer but cant wear open toed shoes all yr round:cry:

Thanks though,maybe I will cut it off....the toe that is lol:lol:

xx

EEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!
Babs that looks bad mate but I wished that one on you for looking so skinny in your latest birthday pics:lol:
No only kidding hun..grrrrrr
Yes I read the same as you somewhere but can't remember which thread??
And also something about a product from Boots that you paint on? But it looks as though its growing out now but maybe a trip to the docs just to be on the safe side mate?

EEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!
Babs that looks bad mate but I wished that one on you for looking so skinny in your latest birthday pics:lol:
No only kidding hun..grrrrrr
Yes I read the same as you somewhere but can't remember which thread??
And also something about a product from Boots that you paint on? But it looks as though its growing out now but maybe a trip to the docs just to be on the safe side mate?

Ah bless you hun:hug:

I have some paint on stuff that Amber sent me through the post yonks ago,just in case,and I am using that but it's the ugliest thing I have ever seen and I'm worried Im going to keep getting it as I have pressure there all the time.Damned toe.:irked:

have you tried applying a drop of tea tree oil down between the nail and the toe 2 x daily.
i had similar on my fingernail once and it helped a lot.

made me laugh how you have covered up the other toes in your photo:lol:
like you darent let us see the rest:eek:

have you tried applying a drop of tea tree oil down between the nail and the toe 2 x daily.
i had similar on my fingernail once and it helped a lot.

made me laugh how you have covered up the other toes in your photo:lol:
like you darent let us see the rest:eek:

Yeah that was because I have Voodoo (black)(Creative on other toes but stubbed one earlier and so it has chipped and couldn't show that now could I?LOL:green:

I have tried T tree but the thing that worries me is that it will probably come back as toe actually bends upwards since an operation many yrs ago(not stuck up for that long)this is recent and now I dont know what can be done about it tbh.

My mum and brother have manky big toes.They are so gross i would'nt dream of printing them.
I have also had a few ops on my feet and two of my toes are like your big toe...and they bl**dy kill sometimes.
I have been to a chropadist(can't spell) and they hurt when she trims/files the nail plate and she always puts on tea tree.I have also asked her would it be best to have the nail plate removed......no,no..she said tea tree will clear it up...oh right.

So hun,your not alone with awful toes .....maybe one day we can walk proud in high heeled sandals.

Latest posts

Back