My beautiful client, now an angel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all
Just wanted to post as im really sad today.
One of my favourite clients closed her eyes forever on Saturday and i am so so distraught.
I saw her through her first cancer,treatment and recovery,her brilliant wedding,listened to her tell me about her travels around the world when she was doing a nursing degree at uni,and have seen her through this last most horrendous fate.
I can ho9nestly say that anyone who says this job isnt personal,or slap a smile on and carry on as its your job,have no idea what it feels like to lose your most regular and long standing clients.She was like a friend,not a client to me.
I have never seen anyone put up such a courageous fight in my life and for her very young 42 years shes been through so so much pain,but my angel friend is now at peace.

And i cant stop crying x
Cancer is horried I lost my grandad 2 weeks ago today horried

Its an evil retched disease.
It frightens the life out of me.
As im the one who gets the referrals and new clients with cancer im learning an awful lot about it,and how it makes people feel physically and emotionally.
I felt quite a bit in the dark to start with and struggled with it all to the point where i wanted to not be the referred stylist,but i know i have to swallow it and deal with the situations to help and support these amazing people as much as i can.
When they come to me i want them to leave feeling a million times better,relaxed and just for an hour or so have something else to think about.
Ive been reading a few online blogs written by people following their battles and have just read a book written by a very courageous lady so i can feel like i have some kind of idea of the situation when clients come to me.
I will never ever forget my amazing angel client/friend and she has made me so much more determined to try and help my clients in the same situation.
I so wish i had a magic wand.If i had just 1 wish i would wish that cancer was eradicated and nobody ever had to suffer like my poor angel did.
x

im crying reading this, my heart goes out to you, you must have cared alot for your client/friend. sounds so like my mum..... maybe they are up there just now looking down on us all thinking we are mad for all getting so emotional!
big hugs xoxox

Crazybek, take comfort in the joy you brought to your client's life - she sounds like an amazing lady! She may no longer be with us but she clearly had a huge impact on your life & that will stay with you forever. Your hard work and efforts to help other people are an amazing tribute to her memory. I for one think you are an inspiration xxxx

Love and hugs and respects for your lovely friend. Xxx

tears rolling down my face, your post has really touched me, know what you mesn about clients you really click with and think are fabulous

she sounds like she really lived her life to the full and that she loved coming to you as much as you liked working with her.

Thanks to you all fellow geeks for your kind words this week.
Its a week i will be glad to see the back of i can tell you.Am waiting for funeral info from her best friend so i can at least send something if i cant go.

She truly was an inspiration to many people including myself and i will never forget how brave and courageous shes been in the last 18 months.

Its been a learning curve for me.Ive realised that after 17 years in my job i have made and met some of the most amazing people from all walks of life and i think lifes definatly been enlightened by them all.
God bless our clients guys

Yes its personal to me:|

ooh that made me cry, how very sad, cancer is such a cruel illness. (I'm a little emotional this week, 10 year anniversary of my Dad's death yesterday)

She will always have a special place in your heart... :hug:
We do become very good friends with some of our clients they almost become part of your family as you get to learn so much about them

Latest posts

Back