My Beryl the brush is dead...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
Had the worst day in nails ever on Saturday, first appointment was for an L&P rebalance - got their, set up and started, well I tried to, :cry: but it looks like my brush is only good for kindling now :cry:

I am so feed up I have understood about the monomer only for cleaning brushes (as Sam says you wouldn't dip you hair in acetone) but my brush has kind of separated in the middle and she has decided she wants to go in two separate ways...

Luckly I have bought a spare cheaper brush so I could complete the job in hand....

But what Can I do I have soaked it in monomer hoping whatever is in my babys hair and is causing this rift in Beryl will dissapear but nothing as yet :cry: so any suggestions would be gratefull

I want my Beryl back.....please please help

PS I could really do without having to buy another Red Sable Koleinski right now or its cousin...

Hi Lou: cant help but you did put a smile on my face. i wish Beryl a speedy recovery :biggrin:

Hello!!! Poor u i know exactly how u feel!!! my sculptor decided to play games again on saturday doing exactly the same as yours....i went back to my trusty old brush and perfected the job.
I have never ever had this problem with any brush before!!! I found when picking up a white bead it was just too dry as the hairs were separating. I too have only used fresh monomer to clean my brush and i cannot understand it!!! maybe they are just having a bad hair day....we all have them lol!
Anyways i have tried the hot kettle water method and i am praying that this has rectified the problem!!!

hi there.......someone posted about giving your brush a good clean with scrubfresh....i think it may have been geeg.........it is not something that you should do often but i am sure it can be done very occasionally.

why not do a search for cleaning brushes and see if you can find anything about this method, or maybe someone else knows a bit more about it than i do

stanleyann

THIS TIME ONLY BECAUSEIT IS AN EMERGENCY ----- Strip any old product out of your brush by dipping into ScrubFresh or Acetone a few times. Then swish the brush around in very very hot water from the kettle, flatten and/or shape the brush to the shape you like (making sure the hairs are lying straight) and then leave to dry overnight lying flat not upright.

Many people 'twist' the brush as they work and cause the hairs to not know which way they are supposed to lie .. and so they split apart.

Always hold your brush the same way and train it to work with the brush hairs always straight not twisted.

This method should be used for emergencies and not every day!!

But similar to heating your own hair to curl it or straighten it, the brush will respond also to heat (It is hair too) Should save yu the cost of a new brush.

Thanks Geeg - will try this method to save poor old Beryl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back