My blood is boiling!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be honest I dont know that digging into her health claims too much would be very productive. So you will both know she is busted and lied but she wont admit so. It doesnt get you any closer to solving your issue.

QUOTE]

You're right, skymark, it's just that I hate liars and I think (in an unprofessional way admittedly) that they should be challenged and it might make her think next time. I also allow for the fact that she MIGHT be telling the truth.

SACK HER and employ me lol :)

i wud love a little job like hers and wud do anything to impress and get higher ect...she must not be that bothered.

must be a right pain for you.

not in the essex area are you lol

xxx:)

Lol! Sorry Misskdub, I'm in Belfast. I would gladly give u her job but it mite be a wee bit outta ur way!!!
I know shes lied to me. That's one thing. I'm not for one second saying she is not ill but why dramatise it like that. It's the fact that she had the bare faced cheek to come into the salon on a social visit when she was supposed to be in bed sick.
Mrs geek ur right. I think I know what I have to do. At the end of the day, like persianista said, it's not going to get any better. I've given her chance after chance and she's still taking advantage of me. Her whole attitude is so wrong and it's gonna end up being detrimental to the salon.
Now I just have to find a way to do it. Cripes!!

Deep breath and do it. Nobody enjoys it, but your company, and it's customer image always has to be at the forefront.

Lol! Sorry Misskdub, I'm in Belfast. I would gladly give u her job but it mite be a wee bit outta ur way!!!
I know shes lied to me. That's one thing. I'm not for one second saying she is not ill but why dramatise it like that. It's the fact that she had the bare faced cheek to come into the salon on a social visit when she was supposed to be in bed sick.
Mrs geek ur right. I think I know what I have to do. At the end of the day, like persianista said, it's not going to get any better. I've given her chance after chance and she's still taking advantage of me. Her whole attitude is so wrong and it's gonna end up being detrimental to the salon.
Now I just have to find a way to do it. Cripes!!

Sod it!!!!

oh well nevermind lol. yes its just finding a way to do it lol, cant u just text lol or write her a letter lol nah im joking.
good luck and let us no how u get on or pm me x

x

If you want to be really nice you could give her the chance to resign for personal reasons perhaps. That way you both get a fresh start with no hard feelings and she has no black mark on her employment record.

Beware of being in the situation of being asked to supply a reference unless you are prepared to be totally honest when writing it....

There is always stuff to do in a salon. ALWAYS.

Last week I swept and hand washed the floors in the salon, and removed the bugs from the light fixtures, bleached the corners of the shop. Freshened up the bathroom, washed the mirrors and bases of the chairs. Bleached and washed the rubbish bins, shined up the sinks with furniture polish......

Push her to do some tidying in the salon, towels, washing windows, changing light bulbs, the list goes on and on.

Also, look at her numbers, they are probably low. Keep that as ammunition in your belt and nudge her.

If she gets some nudging about stuff to be done, guaranteed she won't like it, and will move on.

Get rid, i cant believe youve kept her all this time, when i was first training years ago, i saw a girl get sacked for giving a client a chipped mug!! ,lol!

you obviously have a kind heart, but dont let her take the p**s

Kate x

I have real issues with my kidneys, it's a miracle I managed to avoid having a Nephrostomy bag for so long... I have frequent, severe kidney infections and I can tell you right here and now there's no way I could walk around - even moving from a hospital bed to the toilet was incredibly difficult.

She's having you on.

From everything you described it really sounds like you need to get rid of her quick. She doesn't care about your business, or her job - hell it doesn't even sound like she cares about her training very much. She has no motivation or drive and she will bring you and your business down with her. Get rid and quick!

Not pleasant but just get it over with, then you can sit down with a large glass of wine and have a cry if you must, but at least it'll be over and done with!

I agree with persionista. Let her go . The lark about dialysis is unbelievable,there is no way you would be out of hospital that soon if you were that ill. I would ask to see a doctors cert. At the end of the day its your business at stake and its way to precious these days to jepordise. I would definately contact her college and express your concerns.You need reliable staff for your business .Good luck and keep us informed.

It's never easy having to get rid of somebody but you know yourself it has to be done.

You pretty much have 2 options: 1. outline your concerns & get rid this week
or 2. have a little chat with her (yes, another 1, I know, lol) outlining your concerns. Give her a week to pull her socks up (which you know she won't) then you can let her go.

No staff member is indispensible (sp?) or worth this amount of stress (this is coming from one who knows!!)

Whenever I've been in hospital for anything they sort out a prescription there for you and send you home with it.
Perhaps give her a verbal warning and say that if things don't get better then you will have to let her go. I'd make a list of things that can be done around the salon when she isn't busy. She can tick them off when she's done them. I didn't think you can just sack someone these days. You have to go doen the correct procedure, verbal warning and written warning. Unless its for theft or something and then you can dismiss them on the spot.

Hope you get it sorted.

Geeks, I can't thank u enough for all ur help and advice. Ive taken it all in board, thought long and hard about it and I'm gonna let her go. She's coming in tonight and I'm goin to tell her then. So not looking forward to it but it's got to be done.
She's very sill because her tutor and internal verified is my ex brother in law so I've spoken to him (on a professional level) and he is in full agreement and supports my decision.
I've done all I can now so just wish me luck. I'll let u know how I get on.
Xxxxxx

Geeks, I can't thank u enough for all ur help and advice. Ive taken it all in board, thought long and hard about it and I'm gonna let her go. She's coming in tonight and I'm goin to tell her then. So not looking forward to it but it's got to be done.
She's very sill because her tutor and internal verified is my ex brother in law so I've spoken to him (on a professional level) and he is in full agreement and supports my decision.
I've done all I can now so just wish me luck. I'll let u know how I get on.
Xxxxxx

Best of luck Tasha xxx Let us know how you get on :) x

Hope it all went well Tasha :) She doesn't realise how lucky she is - I would give my right arm for a placement within a salon to gain that experience early in your career is priceless what a silly girl :(

me 2 britton, i gave her the option to sack her and employ me lol hehe.

let us no how you get on xxx

good luck x

How did it go then hun?

xxxx

I hope it went all right...

You did the right thing.

Great decision, all the best :)

Latest posts

Back