My client wants to become a nail tech!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butterflys

Reaction score
Hi peeps

I have a lady coming to me soon for enhancements, only she is a very good friend of mine and she has a nail that she damages and it grows flat and when it grows it grows under if to curl.

I have tried sizing the tips that I have got and because they have a c curve they will not fit, i.e makes a stress line when pressed down, so they dont work.

Could I have some help is there anywhere that I could get tips that are for flat nails.

I was thinking of cutting a V shape in the tip would this work?

IF ANYONE COULD HELP PLEASE DO

thanks again

Nicky

P.S. hope this makes sence????

You can get eclipse tips from sweet squared (CND) they are for hard to fit nails,
or you could use a tip that is too big for the nail and take the sides in with your file so that it is tailored to fit and it should be a lot flatter when you have done this hth

You can get eclipse tips from sweet squared (CND) they are for hard to fit nails,
or you could use a tip that is too big for the nail and take the sides in with your file so that it is tailored to fit and it should be a lot flatter when you have done this hth

Great advice there loubylou!!

And yes you can notch the tip yourself to help it to flatten out (how do you think Eclipse tips were invented?? This is an old technicians trick!!) But the second suggestion puts the least pressure on the tip - If you trim the sides off a curved tip with some curved scissors, the curve will become flatter .. voilà!

BUTTERFLYS, your post title reads My client wants to become a nail tech! however your actual post does not have anything to do with a client wanting to become a nail tech. Is it just me or am I wrong here???

BUTTERFLYS, your post title reads My client wants to become a nail tech! however your actual post does not have anything to do with a client wanting to become a nail tech. Is it just me or am I wrong here???
No you are right, I think that I had a senior moment, thinking about 2 thin ks at once.

I have got a client, that mad me a bit angry :mad:, as she said that she was thinking of training to become a nail tech, as she wanted to change her job, and is fed up of spending her money to have her nails done, when she can train to do them herself.

She went on to ask where did I train and how mush did it cost?

I was a bit surprised and didn't want to give all my secrets away.

Told her in the end that I done a home course that took me 2 years, (which it did as it was just a hobby then and I have a little one). and that I has cost me a £1000 so far, didn't tell her who I trained with, that is up to her to find out for herselve.

Thanks for asking the Q.

Nicky

she said that she was thinking of training to become a nail tech, as she wanted to change her job, and is fed up of spending her money to have her nails done, when she can train to do them herself.

She went on to ask where did I train and how mush did it cost?

I was a bit surprised and didn't want to give all my secrets away.

Told her in the end that I done a home course that took me 2 years, (which it did as it was just a hobby then and I have a little one). and that I has cost me a £1000 so far, didn't tell her who I trained with, that is up to her to find out for herselve.

Thanks for asking the Q.

Nicky

Excellent stuff ..... so "YOU" inspired her, we all get inspiration from somewhere to become what we are ............ unfortunately we cannot have exclusivity to what we do. We all started somewhere.

She may become a great nailtech one day.

I have inspired about 4 of my clients...:lol:.....first one, helped her loads and she stabbed me in the back by bad mouthing me in the local pub, second one, helped her loads too and she became stalker like, third one, helped her with info and such and is set to do her training soon, (doesn't live near me so no treading on toes), forth one, Helped her with info and she has done her training and doing very well (again doesn't live near me)

I don't mind at all...as long as there is a mutual respect for each others business.

When I was doing nails regularly so many of my clients expressed an interest in doing it but I am unsure if any of them have actually done so. They asked where I learnt, how much the course cost and how long it took. I advised them on colleges and companies locally. I have to admit though I love doing nails (when I get the chance) and all I could do to clients who asked was encourage it. I think they saw how much I loved doing it. I got so excited over a new client coming - especially a nail biter. The pleasure they express from the finished product is job satisfaction for me and it makes be feel good. I consider it a kind of feel good therapy for both the client and the technician!

I do however think people think it is an easy way to make money. I actually enjoy doing it and love seeing the end product and how happy I have made that person feel. As mentioned in my recent post I am so wanting to get back into nails big style but I am putting my toddler first at the moment.

For me it isn't a job its a passion and Im glad I found it.

Blimey do I sound sad - should I try and get out more do you think?

Wyliekit

i had a client/friend want to become a nail tech after i did her nails for about a year.
she made more time between appointments and when she came in, i asked her who was doing her nails. they were, obviously, done by someone who "didn't know what they were doing".
she confessed she had been taking a course at the tech school. she didn't want me to get mad at her!
she said she wanted to learn because i looked like i was having so much fun!
what a compliment!
she took first place in school in the nail art division!
she worked with me for about a year while she kept her other job.
now, she's back working at a bank and doesn't do nails anymore.
i guess it wasn't as much fun for her as she thought it would be, but she's a great banker! (i did that for a while, i couldn't take it)

kathleen
My Nails Rock!

Latest posts

Back