My Colour, what do people think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi
I am new to the forum. This is my first post, I am a salon owner looking to cut down my stock bills. I currently stock Goldwell but one of my stylists mentioned My Colour which comes in 100ml tubes and is half the price...has anyone used My Colour and what do you think?
Thank-You

No I haven't heard of it to be fair, have you considered fudge? I used to be a rep and it's really affordable .... The more popular they are getting the colours seem to be catching up too, they have a beautiful rose gold I'm dying to try!!

.... I think they might be 100'ml tubes too X

My colour is absolutely dreadful. One of the cheap nasty brands. Goldwell is a very good brand considering the price, as it is fairly cheap compared to wella/loreal/redken etc. I wouldn't sacrifice it for the sake of money.. Your reputation will be ruined if you start using stuff like my colour

No I haven't heard of it to be fair, have you considered fudge? I used to be a rep and it's really affordable .... The more popular they are getting the colours seem to be catching up too, they have a beautiful rose gold I'm dying to try!!
@Charlotte313vens do you use Fudge colours?

Try Silky there 100ml tubes mixed in a 1/1:5 ratio there great

Hi
I am new to the forum. This is my first post, I am a salon owner looking to cut down my stock bills. I currently stock Goldwell but one of my stylists mentioned My Colour which comes in 100ml tubes and is half the price...has anyone used My Colour and what do you think?
Thank-You

If your re-stocking bill is high, presumably you are using a lot of product and therefore retaining lots of happy customers and/or your staff are wasting a lot of product.

Could you trial a few brands on selected clients (e.g. 70% and 100%grey, blondes and very porous hair) and see how they perform? Offer a special rate for those clients as part of your trial to obtain genuine feedback.

I'd be very wary of switching completely over to 'cheap' brands to save a few quid. Goldwell is a well known and reputable colour brand. Customers will quickly notice if the colour isn't as shiny, covering so well, lasting as long etc.

I use a few to be fair wella and fudge mostly .....I love the Reds and coppers in fudge!
I've seen a few negative comments on fudge grey coverage which I've never had a prob with xx

Try Silky there 100ml tubes mixed in a 1/1:5 ratio there great

Hi Im interested in trying Silky and I've just ordered a Base Colour starter pack to have a little try with but Im used to Wella and struggling to find any info on them, are they all permanent or are there demi as well

Hi Im interested in trying Silky and I've just ordered a Base Colour starter pack to have a little try with but Im used to Wella and struggling to find any info on them, are they all permanent or are there demi as well
I have a salon now and I use Idhair colours there brilliant!

My colour is absolutely dreadful. One of the cheap nasty brands. Goldwell is a very good brand considering the price, as it is fairly cheap compared to wella/loreal/redken etc. I wouldn't sacrifice it for the sake of money.. Your reputation will be ruined if you start using stuff like my colour
Agreed.

In my experience it's just not worth it. The cheaper brands seem good to begin with but you will notice their faults.

Where do you get your stock from?

I used to buy from the wholesalers but now order directly through Wella and save a fortune. I bulk buy 22 - 30 tubes a time and benefit from free tubes through a bulk buy scheme. Tube price works out nearly 50% cheaper than wholesalers and you get a month to pay.

I also have an independent wholesaler in my area that reward free developers for every 6 tubes so I use those for my smaller orders and again benefit from freebies and again I get a month to pay the bill.

Do some research and see if goldwell do something similar, if not Wella are fab.
Also ask your local supplier if they are willing to do any deals for you, I assume that if cost of stock is an issue that you are buying a lot so perhaps they'll be happy to honour a deal for you.

I switched from l'Oreal to Wella and went on a theory course free of charge which I found really helpful as I changed over.

Latest posts

Back