My competition down the road won't stop copying me!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suzanne1118

Reaction score
To be flattered or not??

I done a deal last week on my facebook saying this;

Fancy a 'pick me up' for your skin?

Enjoy our Dermalogica Express Facial for just €20 (usually €35) this Thursday, Friday & Saturday!

Treatment lasts 30 minutes and includes a skin scan, deep cleanse, exfoliation, serum, masque, toner, moisturiser, eye cream & the all important SPF!...

Call now to book your appointment on: *******
Or email us at: ****************

And a client told me to have a look at the salon down the road's fb page that they had coppied.

Have a look and tell me if I'm being paranoid...

Valid Friday 10th, Saturday 11th & Tuesday 14th February ONLY

Cupid has hit!!!

***** Express Facial
€20
Usually €40

Face mapping, deep cleanse, soothing exfoliant, moisture binding masque, hydrating mist, eye cream, moisturiser followed by all important SPF!

Maybe they just had the same idea as you to do an offer for valentines :/ & it just so happens to be the same treatment ):
Thas the thing with facebook tho, anyone can see your offers/prices and copy them or go lower to take your custom. As long as your getting clients i wouldnt be paranoid!

They obviously like your ideas, take it as the compliment that it is!

I've had this problem. Everytime I wrote something it got copied,

There is no way to block someone of your page :( (that I know off)

X

I get it too. sometimes I get rather annoyed but you know what, there is nothing you can do . maybe wait for them to put an offer up and WHAM hit them with a copy. I did this once the owner had the nerve to contact me, I pointed out to her that she seemed to enjoy copying mine and so I thought it was fair game?

She didnt copy or contact me again!

xxxxxx

Last edited:
not at lot you can do about it annoying and all as it is.best just too rise above it and make sure each and every person leaving your salon is happy out and doesnt feel the need to even pass remarks on what the others are doing and remember the best advertising is word of mouth.

I've had this problem. Everytime I wrote something it got copied,

There is no way to block someone of your page :( (that I know off)

X

you can bock people on FB as least if u have a profile! :D

I've had my facebook things copied a few times, but from salons that are nowhere near me.

Actually one of the girls that was doing it sent me a PM saying that she hoped i didn't mind.

I don't really mind if people aren't near me, but it is funny that you wouldn't want to put your own twist on it. I just consider it flattery.

When it's another salon right on top of you, they are taking the mick really...but oh well. Obviously you are doing better than them xx

Can you block them off a business page?

Hiyyya, if you mean a PAGE ,not a profile(on profile you can) then Ive just had a look and I cant find anything like that sorry.. (

Hiyyya, if you mean a PAGE ,not a profile(on profile you can) then Ive just had a look and I cant find anything like that sorry.. (

S'ok thanks for looking :)

I have had a look previously you see and couldn't find anything, wasn't sure if I had missed it or it had changed or something :)

S'ok thanks for looking :)

I have had a look previously you see and couldn't find anything, wasn't sure if I had missed it or it had changed or something :)

no probs :D

Just wanted to add guys, if you have a facebook "page", and not a profile, there is a way you can make it so that anything on the wall and photos cannot be seen until they like the page. I do this to encourage more likers. At least then they will have to more than obviously add you to copy. Once they have liked your page you can then remove them... You do as follows....
go to settings -> manage permissions -> change "default landing tab" from "wall" to "info". Just get someone to unlike then like again to check if it works but that's how i did it. Hope that helps! :)

I have had this aswell. They didn't use sienna or cnd then started using them copied the picture etc etc then started slagging me off. I did read some of the threads and felt like responding but stopped myself as I think it looks so stupid when I see other people arguing lol . We all look for ideas so take it as a compliment xxx

I wouldn't mind if they were no where near me but down the road is annoying! I suppose it just looks bad on them that they cant come up with ideas of their own! Thanks everyone :D

Just wanted to add guys, if you have a facebook "page", and not a profile, there is a way you can make it so that anything on the wall and photos cannot be seen until they like the page. I do this to encourage more likers. At least then they will have to more than obviously add you to copy. Once they have liked your page you can then remove them... You do as follows....
go to settings -> manage permissions -> change "default landing tab" from "wall" to "info". Just get someone to unlike then like again to check if it works but that's how i did it. Hope that helps! :)

Thanks, will do that :)

Can you block them off a business page?

Make your page private where only your fans can see what's going on

If you want to ban someone from your page who's a fan of yours already, you can only do this if they have posted on your wall by clicking their post and selecting delete and ban user. Found out this little bit of extremely useful info yesterday

Oh it doesn't work if they have only commented on something but you could always delete their comments in hope that they write on your wall :p

Hi Suzanne,

This is such a pain and very annoying, but sometimes it can't be controlled.

What I would suggest you focus more on though is talking about what you ad to the service, because they may be able to copy what you do but no one can be you.

I talk about how to do this in a post I wrote on my blog, you can read it here: Salon Marketing: How to compete against the Tesco salon

Hope that helps.

Best,
Jason

Take it as a compliment laugh it off they clearly have no or little business brain of their own I had trolls from other salons on my salon Facebook copy all my ideas for wks they blocked me and used them all but who's she going to copy once she runs out of material hahahaha just smile 

I work for myself and part time in a salon, no where near where my buisness is.
My boss copies my ideas all the time, even stealing my photos iv done on Facebook.
It's annoying but I laugh it off and think she has no originality.

Latest posts

Back