My critique example (READ FIRST)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Here is an example of how to submit a critique and also how to rate one.

Submitting a critique
  1. Click the new Critique button (you must be registered and logged in to submit a critique).
  2. Enter a title for the critique (i.e. My cute nail).
  3. Click the browse button to navigate to a jpeg image on your computer. This will upload the image for you. You do not have to be a premium geek to do this - however if you want to add additional pictures (i.e. different angles) then you will need to upload the additional images with the attachment system which is only availible for premium geeks.
  4. Select the strength of the feedback meter (strong, medium or wooseyish).
  5. Tick the relevant areas you want critiquing on. For instance, its daft to have your smile line critiqued if its a single colour application. Likewise its daft to have Use of colour or design ticked if there is no freaking design on it.
PLEASE NOTE: You will NOT be able to change your critique areas once you submit the thread so choose wisely!

How to rate:

You can rate when you reply to the author OR you can select the Rate Now option next to the rating while viewing the critique. Please note that you should respect the authors feedback meter. Abuse of the ratings can lead to infractions, mega bad reputation and/or banning from the site (yes, the mods can view your ratings).

Please don't respond with a lame 'thats nice'. See if you can string more than 2 words together like 'Thats a great use of colour there bobby' (see, thats 8 words!). Even better would be something constructive.

Please note that the people who submit the critique can delete the critique whenever they want.

nJoy

Edit: If you guys tick areas for critique that are not relevant (i.e. smile lines when you CANT even see them) your overall rating will be affected greatly (in a downward kind of way!!!).

You have done a good job Samuel lol However there does seem to be a slight gap between the smile line and the pink try to butt your white a little nearer to your pink :lol:

its very short and flat, it just looks like a mans nail....ooopppps sorry i was looking at the wrong nail....:lol:

Thats not too bad an attempt for a beginner sam, try harder next time, 1 house point

:lol:

ps 1 being the lowest score and 5 the highest??

Gee. Thanks all :D

Yes, 1 is the lowest, 5 is the highest (except in the overall category). I think I am finished now with the tweaks :)

Well done Sam!! With a little bit of work, you could maybe make a career out of this nail malarky!

After the heated debate on Saturday this should keep everyone happy:green: Can't wait to play!

You are the best! This will totally make everyone happy!

excellent idea........ great that we get listened to on here.........

samuel you go away for the weekent and all hell broke loose on here LOL LOL don't do it again!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

must be the stress of christmas

xxxxxxxxxxx

I LOVE THIS!! But now I feel all competitive and want to do nails and post pictures and see what is SAID. Like my run-on sentence?

GREAT GREAT GREAT IDEA!!

Great job, Samuel. :) I'm with Heather--I'm feeling a bit competitive too! :green:

What an EXCELLENT solution. This is really awesome! Sam, thanks so much for taking time out of your day to do something like this for us. :green:

what a bloody marvelous idea!!!

good one genius!

x

AWESOME work Sam!!

Loving this critique thing!!
This way, we can make sure all our questions are answered regarding the work we've posted.
FANTASTIC JOB AND EVEN MORE FANTASTIC IDEA!!

:green:
:Grope: (<---- that's a pat on the back, not a grope by the way :lol: )

What an EXCELLENT solution. This is really awesome! Sam, thanks so much for taking time out of your day to do something like this for us. :green:

Love it !!!!!!!!!!!!! incredible ~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well pretty good for your first attempt :wink2: piccie was a bit small but could make out a nice form to the nail and the odd wiry hair on the nail tech :wink2: bit like my grandma hairs actually :eek: but way to go - you will be a GMG anytime NOW - doh YOU are GMG and I am sooo glad you are :hug: and snuggs xxx Deb xxx

Exellent work!!

well samuel - for a first attempt - you did good, tho i think your line of light could need tweeking abit:)

I updated the first post to try and REITERATE that if you ask for a critique on the smile but you cant actually SEE the smile line - chances are you will end up with BIG FAT HONKIN 0's there which will lower your overall score!!!

I love the nails you posted.... Do you have a tutorial on how to sculpt the nails with the flowers?

Keri2000 I love the nails you posted.... Do you have a tutorial on how to sculpt the nails with the flowers?

Latest posts

Back