My daughter has impetigo!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy G

Reaction score
Hi,
Cant believe it its half term,ive no work this week,had so much planned for us to do this week,and then mon/tues. she went down with Invertigo.Ive been to the docs,he gave me some anti-fungal cream,its now Friday and it doesnt seem to be getting any worst or any better,does anybody know how long this goes on for as i dont wanna be taking next week off too,and is there anything else i can put on it as well as the cream to spead the healing up,i realise its very contagious,and i am making sure shes not touching it .xxx

I've never heard of invertigo. Only Impetigo but that is bacterial, sorry I can't help :hug: hope she gets better soon.

I may have spelt it wrong ,its like pus n scabs round her nose and mouth,shes had a cold and her nose was quite sore ,i think shes been touching it with dirty fingers and its got infected.

I may have spelt it wrong
I've edited the title of the thread :wink2:

My neighbour's son had this a number of years ago, she was advised that he had to use his own handtowel, facecloth etc and that after use they had to be washed, he wasn't to use towels that anyone else would use as it is highly contagious. With his prescription cream it didn't take long for it to clear up.

I hope she improves soon :hug:

Impetigo

Hi
I am sorry to hear that your daughter has contracted impertigo.

Impertigo is a bacterial virius, which unfortunatly is Very Contagious and does take 2/3 weeks to clear up, the cream that the doctor has given her should start clearing it up and make the scabs crust quicker.

Impertigo is a very uncomfortable condition and can be very frustrating as it gets itchy Dont know how old your daughter is but try and explain that she must,nt touch it as it can spread very rapidy,,,over the body not just on the face,,, she is best keeping out of contact of her freinds for a bit.
AND make sure that she uses her own towl, face cloth etc Sorry to tell u this but she will proberly not be able to go back to school until it is fully cleared up and there is no sign of scabbing. once it has cleared up Completly ( No Trace ) of the virus. the she can get back back to normal.

I had this condition once and I was out of work for 3 weeks due to health and saftey b4 I become a qualified thereapist was in a different career then.

Hope your daughter gets better soon

Ah,many thanks thats helpful info.xxx

Obviously im not medically qualified but i dont understand why he has given her an anti fungal cream.Usually an anti biotic cream is prescribed i think my son had fucidin.

My daughter had it for 10 days, I didn't know what it was so it spread like wildfire for 3 days. She had cream and medicine and it cleared up in about a week, not totally vanished but she could go back to school.

Hi,
Cant believe it its half term,ive no work this week,had so much planned for us to do this week,and then mon/tues. she went down with Invertigo.Ive been to the docs,he gave me some anti-fungal cream,its now Friday and it doesnt seem to be getting any worst or any better,does anybody know how long this goes on for as i dont wanna be taking next week off too,and is there anything else i can put on it as well as the cream to spead the healing up,i realise its very contagious,and i am making sure shes not touching it .xxx
Debbie, if your daughter has Impetigo, no amount of antifungal cream is going to help!

Impetigo is, as has already been mentioned, a bacterial infection and highly contagious. You really do need to go back to the gp for the correct antibiotic. Hope you get it sorted soon. Your poor little girl must be feeling so uncomfortable :hug:.

Debbie, if your daughter has Impetigo, no amount of antifungal cream is going to help!

Impetigo is, as has already been mentioned, a bacterial infection and highly contagious. You really do need to go back to the gp for the correct antibiotic. Hope you get it sorted soon. Your poor little girl must be feeling so uncomfortable :hug:.
totally with tracy on this one....she has to have anti-bio....my daughter has it and kept getting it until they give her the right anti-bio then it went.....i cant remember who put it but it is extremlly contagious your daughter MUST have own towel flannel etc....if not....it wwll spread....wash hands after applying cream aswell...hope all goes well hun xxx:hug:

only topical creams will work, anti biotics will not help (as it's not this kind of infection) nor is it viral, it may take some time to clear up ..... your doctor knows best (keep this in mind). I had it on my earlobes when I was young. When the cream has been on for a few hours , wipe the cream, off (and the softened scab) then re-apply.
Make sure she doesn't pick it and keeps her hands away from her eyes.

Omg , so sorry first i spell it wrong now im telling you the docs given me the wrong cream,the cream hes given me is Fucidin,so yeah this is the right one i just expected it to be looking better by now..or hoping..!:irked:

only topical creams will work, anti biotics will not help (as it's not this kind of infection) nor is it viral, it may take some time to clear up ..... your doctor knows best (keep this in mind). I had it on my earlobes when I was young. When the cream has been on for a few hours , wipe the cream, off (and the softened scab) then re-apply.
Make sure she doesn't pick it and keeps her hands away from her eyes.
Hi nailzoo, I don't know what docs do in Australia, but impetigo can be treated with oral atibiotics as well as topical. I developed impetigo on my face after coming into contact with a child who had it. I was prescribed an oral antibiotic. HTH but maybe they do different things elsewhere.

Omg , so sorry first i spell it wrong now im telling you the docs given me the wrong cream,the cream hes given me is Fucidin,so yeah this is the right one i just expected it to be looking better by now..or hoping..!:irked:

Yes Fucidin thats what my son had.It did work but he only had a little bit.He got a graze on his knee on holiday and was forever in the dirt chasing lizards and thats how it developed.

Fucidin is the correct cream for this condition, ,My mother caught it a few years back and the gp said it would take between 3 and 4 weeks to clear. He thought she had caught it from a dirty cup at the local cafe :eek:

Omg i didnt wanna hear that 3-4 wks ..aah..may be it clears quicker in the kids ah ..please say yes...

My son had it last week and was given oral antibiotics for a week. It started getting better almost straight away and The G.P advised that he could go back to school 48 hours after starting the antibiotics.
When he had it 18 months ago he was given topical antibiotics first which didn't work and then had to go back for the oral antibiotics.
I don't know how old your daughter is but my son is nearly 7 and has a habit of nose picking:eek: and thumb sucking, so to prevent him touching it and infecting us all he ended up wearing a sock on his hand (he'll probably need years of therapy!)
Hope it clears up soon and as others have said be extra careful about hygiene.

My son had it last week and was given oral antibiotics for a week. It started getting better almost straight away and The G.P advised that he could go back to school 48 hours after starting the antibiotics.
When he had it 18 months ago he was given topical antibiotics first which didn't work and then had to go back for the oral antibiotics.
I don't know how old your daughter is but my son is nearly 7 and has a habit of nose picking:eek: and thumb sucking, so to prevent him touching it and infecting us all he ended up wearing a sock on his hand (he'll probably need years of therapy!)
Hope it clears up soon and as others have said be extra careful about hygiene.
Thats sounds better if theres no improvement by monday i ll take her back for oral antibiotic,she is 6 years old by the way.x

Sounds like a good plan. Sometimes the topical antibiotics aren't enough to beat it.

Latest posts

Back