My daughters really ill

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah Lou

Scatty Blonde Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hey all,

:cry: I am having the worst time of my life. My daughter is in hopital, has been for the last week. She went a funnt shade of yellow so we went to the hospital for blood tests. Ipswich hospital kept her in all last weekend and we were told on Monday that she has leukemia. She has now been transferred to addenbrookes camridge a good hour away from us.

They took bloods and they came back that she maybe has leukemia so they did a bone marrow and that said she may have it. The doctors dont think she has, she has been eating her red blood cells her haemaglobin dropped from12.2 to 5.6, thats why shes yellow, they have not confirmed anything for us, tests have been sent off to gt. ormond street at the moment she is a medical mystery, she is at home now on wkend release, shes hd a blood transfusion which has made her blood levels stabalise and is 95% back to her normal self the doctors are amazed at her improvement, but we are still hanging in the balance on whwther she has this.

70% of her bone marrow is abnormal which the docs say does not necesarily mean leukemia, this NOT KNOWING is killing me, Im so scared, aint slept in days. She has to go backon sunday for more blood tests, my poor little baby does not know whats going on. Neither do the doctors, neither do we. I hate this its killing me

Sarah Hun,
I cant think of anything to say that can ease your worries.
Try to stay positive hun & try and get some rest, easier said than done in a situation like this I know!
Thinking of you and your little girl :hug:

awwww Sarah I am so sorry for you and your family .... I pray that everything turns out well for you . There is not much I can say that will make you feel any better but please know that we are thinking of you and heres a hug for you both :hug: :hug:
Take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What a terrible dilemma for you and your family ... try and keep positive like Glo suggested.

You and your family will be in my prayers.

Don't really know what to say....

Thinking of you all:hug: :hug:

Sarah sorry to hear your news, but you must stay positive. My thoughts are with you and your family

Best wishes
Donna

Hi Sarah,
You must be living every mother's nightmare right now, but try to stay +.ve and hopefully it will all blow over, and you'll find out it's not leukemia.
I know it's really hard for you at the moment, but I know 3 people who pulled through leukemia, my cousin's little girl age 6, my hubby's cousin 40+ and my old neighbour's granddaughter 12. So, it looks like it's not as bad as it's thought to be, but of course as a mum you'll worry like crazy, it's only natural.
I hope you din't mind me telling you about the people I know, but in cases like this, I never know what to say for comfort.
Give your little girl a big hug and a kiss from me, and take care all of you.
Please keep us updated.
xx

Sarah :hug:

I can't begin to imagine the hell you are going through, my heart goes out to you and your family.

If they've run all these tests so far and can't/haven't definitely said it's leukemia, then it hopefully it's something else completely - they tend to be pretty accurate and swift with those kinds of diagnosis.

The blood transfusion has obviously done her the power of good, so that's a very positive sign.

Should you get the worst news and it is leukemia, then it doesn't necessarily mean the worst, childhood leukemia has one of the highest cure success rates.

You're doing a fantastic job - kids have huge capacities for dealing with the things we as adults find the most daunting - with your love and support she'll be stronger than ever.

Lots of love and positive wishes for you all

Trin
xx

Sarah, words can't explain how I feel for you, having your little one so poorly, it's terrible but you will get stronger and you will be her fighter, working alongside her to make her stronger again.
It must be a nightmare for you at the moment, stay strong for your daughters sake if not your own, she needs you to be strong for her right now.
Please keep us all updated with her progress, you're in our thoughts :hug:
Love and hugs
Sandi xxx

My heart goes out to you!

My thoughts and prayer's are with you and your family at this time!

To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world?

Your strength as a mother and a parent are unlimited!
Be strong she is in the best hands.

Luv 'n' hugs
xxxxxxxxx
:hug:

Sarah hun, I am so sorry to hear this.

I can't think what else to say, but am sending you and your daughter loads of love and hugs. Keep me updated or if you need to chat, you have my number.

Love Layla xxxxxx

Wishing you and your family lots of love and best wishes.

Hope you get positive results in the long run.

Let us know how things progress x x

Be positive. Sending you all much love and best wishes. xxxxx

Thinking of you all and keeping you in my prayersxxx

Thinking of you all

lots of love and big hugs

stay strong and try and get some rest
x

im so sorry to hear this - it must be an absolute nightmare for you

thinking of you and sending you and your family lots of love and hugs

That's a dreadful situation to be going through & as a mother myself my heart is going out to you- be strong & positive, im sure your 'little baby' is a tough little cookie

love n hugs

xxxxxxx

Love, hugs and our best wishes to all of you and such a worrying time, i can understand the not knowing, it is so difficult to deal with the unknown.

As others have said, if it does turn out to be leukemia, they can do so much now. My friends daughter who is 2 has it, and you would scarcely believe it! Please try and stay positive, we are all thinking of you with love :hug:

sending lots of prayers and love.xxx

All of us as Mothers first and foremost can identify the fear that you are going through and you know that you are not going to relax for a while. But be strong, we are all routing for you and your daughter, she sounds like she is having great care and you must go and have a great weekend together - just talk and cuddle. Cathyxxx

Latest posts

Back