My dog is ill, need some advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im sorry to hear about your dog - is there any news?

xx

Having to make a decision about your furbabies, is totally heartbreaking. I had to make the decision at New Year.... it still haunts me and I don't think I will ever get over it. I miss my friend so very much. It is hard to function daily knowing i can't have a cuddle... But that said, it was the best thing for him as he really wasn't well....

I had him cremated and he sleeps on my bedside draw. I just cant let him go yet. I hope your 'friend' will make it through this tough time and I am thinking of you.

As they say "Dogs leave paw prints on your heart"....:hug:

Hi girls, very sad news. Brandy took another funny turn today and was violently sick. I rushed her to the vets, but asked for different vet (he owns the practice where we stay and has dealt with all my parents pets and also all of my dads police dogs so is trustworthy), he examined her thoroughly and advised it was highly unlikely to be arthritis but he was sure she had a hormone disorder, he said he has seen it many times before. He told us that there is no cure, they could put her on meds but it would be trial and error to get the right ones which would cause her more pain and discomfort, and even once they had the right dose etc, that they would help with any pain but would not bring her back to her normal self, she would continue to go downhill.
so i made the decision to have her put to sleep :( I miss her so much xxxx

I'm so sorry for your loss, my heart goes out to you
Hugs
Vicki xx

Hi girls, very sad news. Brandy took another funny turn today and was violently sick. I rushed her to the vets, but asked for different vet (he owns the practice where we stay and has dealt with all my parents pets and also all of my dads police dogs so is trustworthy), he examined her thoroughly and advised it was highly unlikely to be arthritis but he was sure she had a hormone disorder, he said he has seen it many times before. He told us that there is no cure, they could put her on meds but it would be trial and error to get the right ones which would cause her more pain and discomfort, and even once they had the right dose etc, that they would help with any pain but would not bring her back to her normal self, she would continue to go downhill.
so i made the decision to have her put to sleep :( I miss her so much xxxx

So sorry to hear that sad news. It must have been awful for you. My thoughts are with you and your family xxx

So sorry to hear your sad news :hug::hug:

Someone gave my mum this poem when she had to have her dog put down and she found it a little comforting

If It Should Be

If it should be that I grow weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep
Then you must do what must be done
For this last battle can't be won.
You will be sad, I understand,
Don't let your grief then stay your hand.
For this day more than all the rest,
Your love and friendship stand the test.
We've had so many happy years,
What is to come can hold no fears.
You'd not want me to suffer, so,
When the time comes, please let me go.
I know in time that you will see
It is a kindness you do to me.
Although my tail it's last has waved,
From my pain and suffering I've been saved.
And please don't grieve it should be you
Who has to decide this thing to do.
We've been so close - we two - these years,
Don't let your heart hold too many tears.

So sorry hun.

Last edited:
ChicUnique I am so sorry for your loss :( my heart goes out to you x

Blossom - you have me tears.... That poem is beautiful.....

So sorry to hear your sad news.

Thinking of you and your family x

Oh lovely i feel so sad for you. Your beautiful pooch is now at peace. So sorry thinking of you x x x

So sorry to read this. RIP Brandy xxx

So sad :-( RIP

In tears reading this...I'm a dog lover too. Your story is so sad and I know you'll be missing your baby. Bet she's missing you too. So so sad. Aw my heart goes out to you and the family. Big hugs xxxx

Thanks everyone. Yesterday I was a complete wreck burst into tears every 5 mins. Slightly better today but my house seems empty and silent, even though I have 2 noisy boys to keep me busy. Have some family arriving today to stay for a week, and my hubby is off work so will be out and about so that'll hopefully keep my mind off things xxxxx

I know exactly how you feel. Just and a call from my dad to say our dog has been really ill and needs to be put at rest at the weekend :(

She's a golden retriever called Tessie. She has been with us since I was 11 so she is really old now and suffering.

Going round to see her tomorrow to say goodbye. You would never think you could feel do strongly about an animal but they are just as much apart as your family as children.

Very sad :(

I'm so very sorry to hear your news you must be broken hearted. It's never easy to have to make that choice but you did the best thing x

Love and hugs x

So sorry to hear that :( she's in a better place now and not hurting.

I lost my dog back in february she was 2 1/2 and had heart failure :( no one picked up she had a bad heart even thought she got spaded in december?. It was heart breaking as she was so young.

I hope you get the support you need.

Aw so sorry to hear your sad news :-(

Im so sorry to hear about your dog - my dog is my best friend as I live so far away from my friends and family, I know how much a dog impacts on your life.

Sending you a huge hug At least she isnt in pain any more

xxx

So sorry hun. RIP Brandy
I have this poem for you

Welcome Home

When I am gone, release me, let me go.
You mustn't tie yourself to me with tears,
Be happy that we had so many years.
I gave you my love,
You can only guess
How much you gave me in happiness.
I thank you for the love
You each have shown,
But now it's time I travel on alone.
So grieve a while,
For if grieve you must,
Then let your grief be comforted by trust.
It's only for a while that we must part,
So bless the memories within your heart.
So, if you need me,
Call and I will come.
Though you cannot see or touch me,
I'll be near;
And if you listen with your heart,
You'll hear all my love around you
Soft and clear.
And then, when you must come this way alone,
I'll greet you with a smile and say...
"Welcome home!"

She is waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge

(--Author Unknown--)