My EYE LIDS are peeling !!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melissaq

Reaction score
Vancouver Island, British Columbia,Canada
Help !! Hubby just got one of those magnifying mirrors....and of coarse had a good look at my face and noticed my eye lids are peeling :eek::eek:.....
like flaky dry skin.....its right at the bridge of my nose ( but not ON my nose ) .....above my tear ducts..... we have not had any sun to speak of here so no tanning to get burnt ......

#1 how do I get rid of it ?
#2...can I exfoliate somehow?

I know its not from leaving makeup on ........ I wash my face every morning and remove makeup every night help ! I can't even cover it with makeup as is still looks flaky !

Is there some kind of moisturizer I can put on my eyes without irritating them?

I get this, as does my daughter, but I just put it down to the fact that we both get eczema.

I have always just avoided eye make up for a few days and it then goes.

I'll be interested to see what other advice there is.

I get this too when:

I excessively use eye make up remover or change brands.
I change face washes
I use a powerful eyecream
Hayfever really kicks in
When I am tired.

I just dont touch the area, and put barrier repair on.

Becki xxx

I get this, as does my daughter, but I just put it down to the fact that we both get eczema.

I have always just avoided eye make up for a few days and it then goes.

I'll be interested to see what other advice there is.
I get this mainly on my right eyelid,it is eczema also.

I find if I leave any residue of eye make up remover on the lids when I go to bed,the next day my eczema really flares up.So first thing I do is make sure I wipe the lids over after using eyemake-up remover,with cotton wool soaked in water,nothing more.

I do have a cream that must be used sparingly called Eumovate eczema and dermatitis cream.This is great when I have a bad outbreak,which can also come about if I'm near pollen or animals.

Also I use a dermalogical cream which takes the dryness away,this is called Unguentum M,both are prescription only creams.

I wouldn't be tempted to use oils around the eye area(other than that prescribed)The problem is a lot of things iritate Eczema,better to be safe than sorry.

You can gently exfoliate but I personally use a tiny bit of the Unguentum M and by the following day any flakey patches have completely gone.HTH:green:

p.s the dermalogical cream is NOT by Dermalogica,it's a prescription cream,although you may be able to get it from a pharmacist.

Thanks for the replies girls.....I'll try to gently exfoliate with a wash cloth and try some cream I got from the doc for some skin problems that I always seem to have .....and see if that works....

Latest posts

Back