My Fake Baby

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it made me feel really awkward 2b honest, and they were talking about it like it was the norm, very very strange.

Well I just thought they were perverted.
Its one thing keeping it private and indoors but when they started walking the dolls round in a pram in public - well thats something else, :eek: and takes it to a different league.

I do think they are sick individuals who should seek immediate help.

Nowt quearer than folk.:rolleyes:
It beats me WHY they would want to share their sick fantasies with the general public on national t.v.

Thats a bit strong, I agree its odd to walk the dolls out but they aren't hurting anyone, nor are they trying to convince anyone they are real. They did both obviously have some unresolved issues but sick or perverted? I didn't see that.

I only caught the last half an hour of this..and was like this :eek: for most of that..
I have also just bought closer mag which has one of the women in it...
Now yes I do think it is strange to walk a doll in a pram...and when the grandma put the doll in a car seat I thought my feller was gunna go through the roof lol...

I think the creaters of the babies are VERY talented and I am dying to have a go myself and felt that way last year when my little girls wanted them...one of their friends has 3 so they want one too...
So yes I would like to make them.....and yes I think some of them are cute and lifelike and amazing.....
But I am so sorry the first think i said..is it looked like a baby that had passed away...i really hope I havent upset anybody by saying this...but its one of the first things I thought

And If I was shopping in asda and saw a woman with a pram looked in and saw one of these babies....I would run as far away and as fast as I could :lol:

I think the quote of the programme had to be when the woman was waiting in the hotel room in the US for the baby - "This is a very long labour". She also used the term "bi-racial" where did she get that from? How did she convince her husband that she needed to go to America to collect something that ultimately arrived in the post? Is he stupid? I didn't catch why she hadn't had children herself, was it just because they were too demanding? If there is no medical reason why she hasn't had children, I think she will bitterly regret staying childless in the future as she is obviously very maternal

I agree with Waterbaby, why didn't the grandma just put the money she spent on the doll towards an airfare to see her grandson?

I must admit that I thought some of the dolls were cute and it crossed my mind to have three replicas made of my now grown up children just as ornaments - but it might be creepy.

Those poor women need help.

Last edited:
i just received my baby "bloody doll" to play with and make it like i want it - its gonna cost the earth - will post if i ever get it done

sorry - just having a a laff but i am gonna get one of these dolls to do myself - and when i do you WILL be astounded -i promise you - i am so talented lol - aloit of you geeks dont see where im coming from but most of you do ............................lol

I do Glynis hun.....:hug:

I really would like to do one of these tbh...Because I like the detail that must go into them...
just as I wanted to have a go of the clay babies (or marzipan as a lot of people would know them as)
Anything with tiny detail amazes me....and I love doing it...but what the bloomin ek' would i do with it when its done ?????????

everyne has gone on the offensive side of this - what about the skill that goes into doing these dolls.. we are the same with nails - so basically we are doing the same as them..........each to there own - i like the dolls - and will do one just to pose on my bed - if it offends - tuff ****

everyne has gone on the offensive side of this - what about the skill that goes into doing these dolls.. we are the same with nails - so basically we are doing the same as them..........each to there own - i like the dolls - and will do one just to pose on my bed - if it offends - tuff ****
I agree hun, the art that go's into them is amazing totally...and I think kids having them..or having one as a sort of ornament to display as an art is also cool...
even having one made as a replica of a child is a sweet keepsake depending on the finished look..as I said earlier some of them are beautiful some are just spooky lol...

But these ladies on Tv were litrally putting the dolls in carseats and pushing them around in prams ...that to me is a bit weird ...it doesnt offend me...but I do think its strange...as I would a grown woman walking a teddybear dog on a leash...

Infact I just remembered one of our geeks makes reborn dolls doesnt she ??? cant think who though...she posted pictures a while ago of one she had made ...
But the skill involved is brilliant....and yep...I am on ebay now aswell as on here looking at reborn kits :green:

:irked:I didnt like it at all, thought it was to freaky. Those dolls cost upto £450 each and then they are laying out all that money on clothes and accesories get a life.
I thought the gran was a bit out of order with some of the things she said " I felt that he was our own and was going to ask my daughter if we could keep him" I mean what is all that about, Her daughter had cancer for god sake and all she could think about was keeping her grandson. Well out of order if you ask me.
I noticed when she was emailing that the showed a reply saying that they were at a show in Peterborough. It was the same day and same place as an audience with Sam Biddle. There were loads of them walking around with these fake babies. Now we know why....
Gives me the creeps. I cant have kids but no way would I buy a fake baby to replace one that I cant have.

I Havent got a problem with people making them I think they are amazing A lot of skill and time goes into making one, I just feel its wrong for people to put some much onus into a doll to replace a baby.
Jen

i do think the people that make em are very talented , and to buy one as an ornament is fine ,
its when it gets to the putting em in car seats and stuff that freaks me out :eek:

regarding that grandma putting the doll in a car seat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!what the hell.

If she (god forbid)was involved in a serious car accident people could be seriously or fatally injured trying to get the doll out of the car thinking its a real baby.

Very stupid thing to do really

I see no harm in the dolls

BUT with the reason those silly women where buying them.

If they wanted a child so much they could become foster parents and then receive some love back.

I watched this too and thought that the babies looked very realistic although some looked a bit ugly imo.

I can understand why some of the women bought them but agree that perhaps it was a bit far to take them out in car seats and prams. I could never see myself doing that.

i just received my baby "bloody doll" to play with and make it like i want it - its gonna cost the earth - will post if i ever get it done
Hey Glynis........why not start your own 'My Cake Baby' biz? Replicas in cake..........love it. xxx

i was totally dumbfounded

it was weird, i mean a grown woman pushing a baby doll in a pram walking down the street

there is alot of skill in making them but the women buying them were acting as if they were real!

Latest posts

Back