My Fake Baby

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah Lou

Scatty Blonde Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Did any of you watch this last night, anyone else think it was totally weird?

Who saw the programme last night on channel 4, called My fake baby?

Opinions please :eek: :)

It would be really interesting to see what peeps thought about this one!

xxxxxxxxxx

I watched it and at times I felt very uncomfortable.
I can see how these dolls can help some women by filling their maternal needs and the grandmother who's grandson was living in New Zealand I can understand but omg that other woman who went all the way to Washington to pick up her 5th "baby" was totally mad :eek:
She was spending thousands of pounds on stuff for the "baby's" and even took them out in her array of prams I am sorry but this is not normal.

Hubby & I watched it!!!! OMG bit freaky!!! :eek: But some of the dolls were quite cute. Did feel sorry for the gran though as her grandson was miles away, it must have been really hard for her having him live with her for all that time & then just have him move away. Guess we all deal with things in different ways!!

I keep bringing up having another baby, but hubby having none of it!! He did joke about me getting a Reborn doll though, lol!!! Erm sort of defects the object really as interaction is what its all about!!! Bit freaky!!

Have to admit I did have a very realistic new born baby doll when I was little she was my baby & went everywhere with me!!! But out grew it & was lucky enough to have had two little darling sons of my own, the doll was so much quieter though!!!!!! Always been maternal, damn it, must be mad!!! :)

Very freaky and very sad. The lady that tried to pretend that she just didn't want children didn't convince me I'm afraid. And as for the nan who wanted a to replace her grandson Harry..............she needs a good :smack:

Very freaky and very sad. The lady that tried to pretend that she just didn't want children didn't convince me I'm afraid. And as for the nan who wanted a to replace her grandson Harry..............she needs a good :smack:

I am totally with you on this one, completely and utterly weird is all I can say.

I can't even afford to spend money on clothes for me and yet there was that weirdo spending hundreds on designer stuff for A DOLL!

I found the look of some of them really freaked me out and I can only see the people selling them as preying on vulnerable, needy women.

I missed the beginning and was convinced that the gran had 'lost' her grandson (I mean had passed away) and could sort of understand her (a bit) but at least he hadnt.

Great when the little boy called her 'numb nut - its a doll' on the web cam.

Yep totally freaked by it.

The little boy said it all really....numb nuts....all of them!!

Very weird and sad at the same time, I thought it was quite uncomfortable to watch at times.

I felt sorry for their poor husbands as none of them really got it...........thank goodness ours only have to put up with everything nails and not pretend babies eh!!

I saw the advert for it and that was enough to put me off watching. My comment to my husband was, with all the kids in the world desperate for a loving adoptive family, why would you do this? Why not take on a real child and give it a chance of a normal life? Sorry, but dolls are for children, not grown women who should know better. Very, very weird and deeply disturbing.

I watched it last night - and too was shocked.

I also thought the woman's grandson had passed away at first! I think she was very unstable and I have to say, that if it was my Mum being the one buying the baby, I would be a bit unsure about letting my child around her. She seemed the type, who given half a chance may run away with the child at claim he was hers.

And as for the Gran asking the mum to leave him with her when the mum moved away.... who would do that? Unless the mum was a really bad and horrible person. I didn't get the feeling that she was bad at all.

I watched it last night - and too was shocked.

I also thought the woman's grandson had passed away at first! I think she was very unstable and I have to say, that if it was my Mum being the one buying the baby, I would be a bit unsure about letting my child around her. She seemed the type, who given half a chance may run away with the child at claim he was hers.

And as for the Gran asking the mum to leave him with her when the mum moved away.... who would do that? Unless the mum was a really bad and horrible person. I didn't get the feeling that she was bad at all.

Ditto, I thought he had died too until it was all explained but although I really felt for the Gran I did find her asking her daughter to leave the lad with her very odd. I can understand he lived with them and how hard him leaving must have been but I'd hope if it were me I'd be so happy my daughter was well once again with the chance of a new life somewhere with her family, that surely I'd be grateful for that and be glad my grandchild had his mother.

My Mum collects reborns, my mother in law collected china dolls for years too. I had a phase with Lee Midddleton dolls which are now popular dolls to use for reborn babies. The only one of the three of us to change their clothes and actively buy stuff for them is my Mum which I have always found very odd. She had two of my Lee Middleton dolls for years (just given them back as she moved house) and she pee'd me off by taking their clithes and changing them for others. Thankfully she kept the originals which I need now I want to sell them all, my doll collecting days ended years ago. In her previosu house she had two of my sons prams with them in, a full size cot and several moses baskets which she knitted blankets and dress sets for as if they were babies. I did have two baskets once that she gave me but personally, mine were always away in their boxes. Mum knows my feelings though and we've had many a giggle about it so she isn't in the league of the woman who went shopping at Harrods for clothes ready for her US trip.

Must say though, the girl that mde the reborns, how talented is she? I did personally think her dolls were amazing.

Me too, clever lady!

Yep!! Totaly weird! Me and my husband watched in total disbelief!! Yet strangely drawn to watching the whole program??????! Did not know this sort of thing went on (ie taking fake babies/dolls out in a pram?!!) feel kinda sorry for them.

I too watched this and found it "odd" that anyone would want to push a doll about in a pram, let alone spend £300 on an outfit for it.

i think alot of these reborns are cute and very life like, but you can sure get some ugly ones (the one that woman picked up from usa sure was ugly).

id like to make one of these dolls, just as an "ornament" to go on my bed. it certainly wouldnt be getting £300 outfits tho. mothercare or nowt :lol:

I couldnt watch the whole thing it was all very odd and sort of felt 'wrong' watching it. The lady who went to america to get her doll was insane!!! The other lady at the bnb was clearly just a collector.

Its intresting what everyone has said about the woman who wanted a doll to look like her grandson. Her husband says he didnt think she was well and I cpmpletley agree with that however when it comes to what happened with Harry well personally I see it diffrently. I thought yes of course her daughter would want her son back but it was unfair to take him so far away once she was better. It was kind of like thanks for caring for him all these years but Im better now - see you later :eek: I'd be a mess if someone even took my dog away :lol:

Now why has noone commented on the fact that the owoman, jamie, who made the dolls said she CRIED when some people took the dolls she made :eek::smack: :lol: !!!

Ami

God forgive me but her face when she found that Sophie's skull was cracked...........she looked like thunder. Her mother knoew to keep her mouth shut. LOL, she didn't know whether to s**t, shave or shampoo.

Well I just thought they were perverted.
Its one thing keeping it private and indoors but when they started walking the dolls round in a pram in public - well thats something else, :eek: and takes it to a different league.

I do think they are sick individuals who should seek immediate help.

Nowt quearer than folk.:rolleyes:
It beats me WHY they would want to share their sick fantasies with the general public on national t.v.

I can understand he lived with them and how hard him leaving must have been but I'd hope if it were me I'd be so happy my daughter was well once again with the chance of a new life somewhere with her family, that surely I'd be grateful for that and be glad my grandchild had his mother.

I'm with you here. My boyfriend and i said that the mother had just beaten a two year battle with cancer for goodness sake and shouldn't the gran be ecstatic that she was better! I know she must have missed his presence but if she didn't care for her daughter, she wouldn't have agreed to look after him. i think possibly there are more underlying issues here and maybe she couldn't have anymore of her own or something?

Why if she was going to spend that money on a doll couldn't she have put it towards a flight to New Zealand to see her real family?

But the other one shopping in Roberto Cavalli (or Rovirio Cavalli as her husband put it :lol:) and spending all that money is just detestable. If she gave that money to the NSPCC it might go someway to making her feel better about herself!

Rant over!:mad:

It freaked me out :eek:

totally freaked me out , i thought it was well creepy :eek:esp the grandmother who basically cloned her grandson down to veins and marks uurgh creepy , i wouldnt dream of getting dolls of my two when they were born coz i will never forget what they looked like and we have photos :lol:
i did agree with the hubby tho , it reminded him of something in a morgue ! he said what i was thinking :eek:
and the one with designer stuff , no wonder she can afford it, she doesnt have kids :lol:

Latest posts

Back