my favorite subject, pocket lifting...not

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Peppercorn Nails said:
However, is there no chance of creating a reaction to this? If your client 5 years down the line has an allergic reaction, could this not be put down to you wiping pure monomer along the natural nail plate (however little)?
no no subject, surely you wouldn't be happy unless it was questioned :?:

Hey Adele, once again... I stress the importance of:
  • You a CERTAIN the pocket lifting is not due to too wet of a mix
  • You are CERTAIN the pocket lifting is not a result of excessive movement from too thick of an application
If this criteria is satisfied then simply slightly prewetting Zone 2 prior to application is really not different to someone backbrushing... only during backbrushing people use FAR more monomer than this technique.
The thinner and more damaged the plate... the more you would increase potential overexposure... but nothing compared to accidently touching their skin with your brush during application...

I am chuffed that people question this... it means people are far more concerned, educated, and aware than they were even 2 years ago :)

It also means that when used... it will be used with caution!

BTW: It isn't a technique I just pulled out o my butt... It was Doug Schoon that mentioned it to me a few years ago. He also did a tech note about it a little while ago... Ill see if I can find it and post it on the site.

"At the end of the day" as long as you practice caution with the technique... and it is used not as a crutch but a tool on those 1 or 2% of your customers that could benefit from the technique... do so... but do so carefully! ;)

Problem solved. Start doing some fiberglass. I've never had such a problem. LOL. Mr.J

Mr.J said:
Problem solved. Start doing some fiberglass. I've never had such a problem. LOL. Mr.J

cheeky ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back