My first acrylic nail..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of the day you got opinions that you asked for when you asked for critique. Surely the point of critique is to see what people think. So, anyone who posts what you don't agree with isn't being constructive and who ever didn't like the nail art is getting at you. All it means is one person (if thats what it takes to get a 1) didn't like it, not a swipe getting at you.

:hug:

You have just had the most amazing critique from The Geek himself (of which,personaly, I would have been honourd and humbled to recive )and you sit there and squabble about the flaming 1 for the nail art:eek::eek:
Enough allready PLEASE!
:hug:

Ok you asked for opinions by allowing people to rate your critique so if someone doesn't like your design then you have allowed them to say by rating it.

If you didn't want people to rate it you shouldn't have allowed it :rolleyes:

ps) I must say this: I don't appreciate '1' for design and originality - that's a bit too obvious that the person who gave it wanted to get at me. Especially in light of recent threads about people not daring to post and so on.. And also because there so many nails in the critiques to compare with... I did that earlier. I won't do at the moment, but...
For you double standards rule - IMO. And you who rated only showed it. Don't just sit there smugly and think that it's a matter of taste - it's so obvious that it stinks.

Ris, i mean this in the nicest possible way....you are reading too much into something that isn't there and taking all this way to personal. You posted your pic for critique...thats what people have done....they have given you their thoughts and opinions on the nail....you don't have to agree with them but you cant blame them for doing what YOU asked them to do.

Don't take everything so personal.

ps) I must say this: I don't appreciate '1' for design and originality - that's a bit too obvious that the person who gave it wanted to get at me. Especially in light of recent threads about people not daring to post and so on.. And also because there so many nails in the critiques to compare with... I did that earlier. I won't do at the moment, but...
For you double standards rule - IMO. And you who rated only showed it. Don't just sit there smugly and think that it's a matter of taste - it's so obvious that it stinks.

I am assuming by your post that you think I rated your nails. For the record, and I am sure the mods can check who rated, I certainly didn't!

I am actually more than willing to critique any nails, but felt if I even said anything on your thread you would take it the wrong way, so I left well enough alone. However, since I am being accused of something that I have certainly not done, I feel the need to respond.

When I give any critique, I don't often rate, and if I do I state that I have and to boot for what!

Don't flatter yourself love that I would even go there with your nails. :irked:

If you have a problem with me pm me!

I personally dont like the art work, The nails looks a tad thick too. I have rated the nail from my own personal taste.

Thanks to all those who gave extensive constructive critique. :hug:
A good thread for reference :lol: in every respect.

I must say this: I don't appreciate '1' for design and originality - that's a bit too obvious that the person who gave it wanted to get at me. Especially in light of recent threads about people not daring to post and so on.. And also because there so many nails in the critiques to compare with... I did that earlier. I won't do at the moment, but...
Um no sorry I rated 1 and no its wasnt because I wanted to get to you, I personally dont like the design, the shape, the form or esthetics of your nail.
I feel that I gave constructive criticism in my earlier reply, but I cant sit here and keep quite when you are obviously out to get a fellow geek.
Just because someone has different taste to another doesnt mean that they are out to get you.
If you act this sensitivly to honest critique then I suggest that you dont ask for it less you be offended by others responses.:rolleyes:
Jen

Hey, aren't you finding faults:
1) the pics are unclear,
2) and I haven't provided a whole bunch of them (though I haven't seen a single critique that has) If you look through the critiques you will find many posts with more than just 1 or 2 pictures http://www.salongeek.com/nail-critiques/83305-my-new-nails-done-today.html
I usually try to put in at least 2 different pics.
3) and finally I am all wrong :rolleyes:

I wanted critique on nails. Not on pictures or the way I take them or the way I answer. If it's really so difficult for you to see .. I hope you don't suspect me that I make you see something ;)

Jen

Oh, this is really fun – in a wicked way!

My chief message wasn’t about my nail, geeks. It’s you who are reading something into it and missing something else that you don’t feel like admitting ;) My message was about double standards that some people have.

Just consider:
I can easily point out a couple of critiques with weird fan-shaped clumsy top-heavy nails without apex sitting on top of flat natural nails that are already damaging the nail plates! Yet! These nails have highest possible ratings on shape, sidewalls etc )).
The only reason I don’t point them out directly because I don’t want to name any newbie personally. But if you push it I may think again. Also, anyone really qualified will easily see what I mean if they just skim through the first three top pages – it’s enough! And there goes my poor nail… Oh! I already feel so sorry for it – though it’s not even a living thing :cry:.

There are nails here that got top-ratings that aren’t even extensions at all! This is ridiculous – how can anyone rate - with the same system that you use for artificial nails - ‘sidewalls’ and ‘shape’ that weren’t even created (sculpted).
Yet, somebody did and it was somebody qualified! And it just makes me wonder why they did it – was it just lack of care or worse…?

Do I need to go on?

I kept coming to this forum chiefly to read posts of geeg and people like her. And I really appreciate their input. If I do a search on a topic I often filter those threads that have her replies in them. Can you guess why? Because other information may be just as irrelevant as in the critiques I have mentioned! And I don’t want to be dumbed down reading some of your nonsense!
Wake up! It’s not about me or my poor nail. I did want critique on it as it’s really my first l@p – and not as bad as it was rated. But this critique has clearly demonstrated attitudes and something even worse I am afraid…
As I said, hope it would be a good reference. And not only on nails but also on the way this whole thing works!

PS) If you have a personal (not professional) opinion of something – you just write it you don’t rate ;).

Last edited:
Please revisit the geek commandments http://www.salongeek.com/how-do-stuff-site/31101-commandments-geek.html especially this one:

5 - Reply to others how you would like them to reply to you.
This is possibly THE most important of all commandments here. I have a low tolerance for members who show disrespect to others (even if the disrespect is somehow warranted). Rude and thoughtless posts are the fastest way to make you look like a right ass in front of the world. Its also a quick way to find yourself on the wrong side of a ban with a shed load of negative reputation points. If you can't say it nicely, don't say it at all.

Thread now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back