My first attempt at illusion work

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathie!

Reaction score
Ok guys, this is the first time I've ever posted my own work on the site and I'm up for a critique.....I've got broad shoulders, so be brutal (omg what am I letting myself in for!!!)

I used a custom blend of EZ Flow A Polymer pink, Pansy and Boogie Nights 107 (sorry I can't remember the name of it), to add a bit of glitter...which you can't actually see on the pic...lol.

My aim was to create a longer nail looking nail bed for a nail biter.

I was getting the hang of creating the illusion by the time I got to the second (left) hand!.

Look forward to hearing your comments.....

are they the piccies in your gallery - short stubbies to beautiful nails?

I think they look fantastic! can't believe they are the same nails!

They look great Cathie, I really like the shape too! J xx

they look fab hun :)
i love the shape and you have given the illusion of lovely long nail beds perfectly

Jess
xox

wow! they look great :)
I want to be able to do that :)
Jo xx

they look lovely! I have been looking at other peoples nails (like you do) and everytime i see short bitten ones i think to myself OMG what would i do if they wanted nails put on?? I am dreading it! x

looking good - what a transformation!

Aww thanks so much guys for you lovely comments, but where is the criticism? I know that they are definately not the best set of nails in the world, or my name would be Tom!!

What would you have done better?....

That's a nicer way of saying what's wrong with them lol!!!

Ok Tom they rock lol xxxxxxxxxxx

They're lovely - I've never thought of mixing the Ez Flow powders like that..... must give it a go. Well done!

Hey there. Good job. Here are my 3 points!
  • The custom blend looks pretty good on the skin tone from the pic.
  • The shape looks pretty good, though it looks a little overly narrow around the love handles ;)
  • The smiles are a tad irregular
All in all, a very fine job! Custom Colour Blending can be a difficult thing to do. To ease the process, CND are actually introducing a kit specifically for this next month.

Keep up the good work!

Thank you very much for everyone's encouragement and advice. I'm sure that some will agree that, like me, working on your own, you are constantly beating yourself up about the work you produce, and to get such positive comments from fellow technicians is fantastic. I have been so happy the last couple of days because I think the nails I have been producing have been good. Had a couple of downer weeks before that....put it down to SADs lol!.

As for my smile lines, they have been the bain of my life since comencing my career in nails a couple of years ago, but since my training with Antony Buckley a couple of weeks ago and a fair bit if practice, my smiles are now smiling as opposed to flat lining. He's a great teacher! Get on one of his courses if you can.

Now, my task is to get them consistent...I will get there.

And GMG, as for watching the width of my love handles...I wish in real life I had to worry about them being too narrow...however, point taken.

Thanks again guys, this site is great.

xxx

they are fab , you clever thing :D

They look great Cathie, i've yet to give the illusion work a go, so you are an inspiration as far as that goes. Did you do it the EZ Flow way where you place the bead in zone 2 and cover the whole zone 1 and 2 all in one hit, then do a second bead in the same place to get your apex?? I've heard its easier to get a consistant colour this way, if not how do you find is easier to do it?

Thanks matey, chat soon.

Latest posts

Back