My first critique - acrylic tip & overlay

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Magpie

Reaction score
Would love some comments on these nails please :eek: client wanted them really short. Had problems putting tips on these nails as well. Retraining with Nsi just now - and its like I've completely forgot what I'm doing :eek: timings are terrible. Please dont just look and leave lol xx

Last edited:
11 views and no comments :sad:

The picture tbh really isn't taken the best way for us to leave any comments as we cant see side view, barrel c curve or close up. Do you have any other pictures?
If you are looking for critique then you need to ensure that the picture is suitable for us to leave comments on.
It needs to be a close up picture, and a side view and barrel shot, just taking a picture of your clients hands and then sticking them in here is not going to get you the replies that you are looking for I am afraid.
From the picture that you have uploaded they look ok but cant really say anything other than that.
But unable to comment on thickness, sidewalls, cuticle, apex, smile line or any of the other things you have asked to be rated as the picture is taken above the hands which hides the full view if you see what I mean.
Next time include other pictures to show the side view, barrel c curve and a close up, that way we can properly critique your nails.
Well done for posting though
Jen xx

The picture tbh really isn't taken the best way for us to leave any comments as we cant see side view, barrel c curve or close up. Do you have any other pictures?
If you are looking for critique then you need to ensure that the picture is suitable for us to leave comments on.
It needs to be a close up picture, and a side view and barrel shot, just taking a picture of your clients hands and then sticking them in here is not going to get you the replies that you are looking for I am afraid.
From the picture that you have uploaded they look ok but cant really say anything other than that.
But unable to comment on thickness, sidewalls, cuticle, apex, smile line or any of the other things you have asked to be rated as the picture is taken above the hands which hides the full view if you see what I mean.
Next time include other pictures to show the side view, barrel c curve and a close up, that way we can properly critique your nails.
Well done for posting though
Jen xx

Hi Jen, thanks for replying, I have other photos in my album on my profile - can't upload anymore on here because I'm not a premium geek (can't get into my paypal account just now:irked: ). I'll definitely remember next time to take better photos before posting. Thanks xx

The other photos xx

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 833
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,402
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 3,713
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
I think they look OK as said above it is hard to see on the pictures even the new ones but I think you have done a good job there x

They are nice natural looking nails...I like the length lol!
As busybee32 has already saud though this pose is great for your portfolio, but for a critique it shows us nothing. We need to see the cuticle area, sideview for apex, and barrel shot for c curve.

these look great hun, practice makes perfect, well done for doing them so short, i think they look very natural.......timing will come with practice,

just remember not to be too hard on yourself, if the nails last without lifting and the client is happy.....job done x

I will make a critique without all the fancy angles shots!! lol

I like these nails ... and do you want to know why? Because they look natural and they look just right for these hands.

It's not just about creating something longer for clients ... it is about creating a shape that really suits the hands as well as a length that suits the lifestyle of the client.

In this case, I could care less about perfect smile lines or apex placement etc. They look natural and they suit the client and I can see that without a zillion different angled shots of the nails. Good job.

I think they look OK as said above it is hard to see on the pictures even the new ones but I think you have done a good job there x

Thanks Lauraj :D x

They are nice natural looking nails...I like the length lol!
As busybee32 has already saud though this pose is great for your portfolio, but for a critique it shows us nothing. We need to see the cuticle area, sideview for apex, and barrel shot for c curve.

Thanks Izzidoll - I will definitely be taking better photos next time, got two sets to do tomorrow so I'll take them then ;) x

these look great hun, practice makes perfect, well done for doing them so short, i think they look very natural.......timing will come with practice,

just remember not to be too hard on yourself, if the nails last without lifting and the client is happy.....job done x

Thanks souz :D - I'm my own harshest critic lol I can pick a fault with each nail, hopefully everything will click into place soon - especially my timings ;)

I will make a critique without all the fancy angles shots!! lol

I like these nails ... and do you want to know why? Because they look natural and they look just right for these hands.

It's not just about creating something longer for clients ... it is about creating a shape that really suits the hands as well as a length that suits the lifestyle of the client.

In this case, I could care less about perfect smile lines or apex placement etc. They look natural and they suit the client and I can see that without a zillion different angled shots of the nails. Good job.

Thank you Geeg :D - My client was really happy with them, she's never really had nails before and kept saying they just look like her own nails :D There nowhere near perfect, but its good to know I've done not too bad a job. Friends, family and clients can tell you that nails look good - I just needed someone in the industry's professional opinion ;) xx

Latest posts

Back