My first experience of fake Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

effie

Reaction score
This was a fun evening, my new ish clients who's been coming to be for pedicures recently booked in to have gelish on her fingers and toes. She has always worn acrylics and told me he has had them removed and had polish on them.
She came tonight and I set to work on her feet, they came out lovely I may add then we moved on to her hands, what's she thought was polish I discovered was shellac the poor lady had paid for what she thought was just a polish, we given no after care or even told how it was to be removed.
The dreaded removal took me 1 hour 20mins and her nails are shocking, I asked several questions and from what I can gather the didn't use a foundation and just put the colour on her natural nail. It wouldn't soak off fully for love nor money so the remaining shellac to be very gently removed with my pusher and gently buffed with a white block. Her nail plate is stained, peeling and generally in a state. Poor lady was so upset, I set her home with cuticle oil and care instructions and she going to come back in a week for me to see how they are doing

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345843218.867613.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345843218.867613.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 838
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345843251.918559.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345843251.918559.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 803
The colours you can see in the photos is staining 😱and I very slight bit I had to leave as it was painful as her nails a so thin for the drills the used for her acrylics

Definitely wasn't Shellac if it took you that long to remove it.

Poor lady :(

I had a clients last week with blue sky on, i could not budge it, it was really rubbery i ended up buffing hers too and it left stains.

Why would anyone want to work with this stuff is beyond me.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek

Poor lady :(

I had a clients last week with blue sky on, i could not budge it, it was really rubbery i ended up buffing hers too and it left stains.

Why would anyone want to work with this stuff is beyond me.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek

She was so upset and stressing that should was putting me out, I reassured her she wasn't but she still kept apologising

Omg poor thing :( thats not cool. deffs lotsa staining. One of her thumbs look sore.

I hope you told the lady that she had been hoodwinked and had not had genuine Shellac on her nails. .!??

I hope you told the lady that she had been hoodwinked and had not had genuine Shellac on her nails. .!??

I certainly did! I felt so sorry for her she is an older well groomed lady that likes to take care of herself.
She was honestly shocked but has said she will never go back again and that she will come to me in the future.

While in town today I popped into the nail bar that did her nails just making a general customer inquiry and I was shocked that the one English nail technician in there didn't really have a clue to what I was asking 😲 and although i couldnt see the shellac bottles clearly the shelfs were lined with fake gelish.
Also while there,there was a lady having a set of lashes done, although I'm not qualified to do lashes myself it didn't look very professional as they were sitting either side of the nail desk and they were leaning Across to put the lashes On with a fan blowing in her face, god know what would happen if there wheelie chairs they sit on would have slipped, she would clearly have tweezers jabbing her in the eye

While in town today I popped into the nail bar that did her nails just making a general customer inquiry and I was shocked that the one English nail technician in there didn't really have a clue to what I was asking 😲 and although i couldnt see the shellac bottles clearly the shelfs were lined with fake gelish.
Also while there,there was a lady having a set of lashes done, although I'm not qualified to do lashes myself it didn't look very professional as they were sitting either side of the nail desk and they were leaning Across to put the lashes On with a fan blowing in her face, god know what would happen if there wheelie chairs they sit on would have slipped, she would clearly have tweezers jabbing her in the eye
Oh dear that sounds ridiculous!!

Too many people can just run now and open a beauty salon.I am getting sick of it myself people just jumping on the billion pound bang wagon
making money and selling fake goods the police suppose to be tackling this problem with raids but i think the more the close the more they open:lick:

Oh dear that sounds ridiculous!!

you need to raise your issue with the police tell the police about the salon selling fake goods and what happened to the client tell them what you seen and show them photos of the evidence try to get it closed it is against the law to be selling fake goods

you need to raise your issue with the police tell the police about the salon selling fake goods and what happened to the client tell them what you seen and show them photos of the evidence try to get it closed it is against the law to be selling fake goods

I also asked my lady what she paid for her so called shellac and they charged her £20 but when I ask how much it would be today I was told £25 so looks like they pull prices out of thin air

Just looking at there price list they game me there even spell shellac chellac

Just looking at there price list they game me there even spell shellac chellac

you need to raise it with the police because they can close it down and trading standards too
It sound dodgy especially when they do not even price properly

Latest posts

Back