My first nightmare client!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicifer_noonoo

Reaction score
Well, not really a client really, lol. First, a bit of background...
The Health Centre I work at has recently opened at the new premises, where beforehand there was a beauty salon. We've had quite a few people turn up for their appointments, only to find out that the appointments have been made at the previous salon's NEW premises, and the staff have been unwittingly sending their clients to us. Anyways...

The lady in question blustered in for her appointment, I checked for her on the system and had no record of her, and explained the salon she had made the appointment with was no longer here, but as it was an eyebrow wax and I had my pot on, I offered to treat her as she said she had no time to go and find the other salon.

Halfway down the stairs she informs me it's a tint she's here for too, and I explain that she would need a tint test, and she couldn't seem to grasp that although she has been having her tints for years without a test with the previous salon, I would need to do one. So she rather rudely said scrap the tint, and just do the brows.

I get her to my room, whilst smiling and nodding through her rant about it being 'b****cks' having to have a tint test, and still smiling, present her with a consultation card. She they says that she isn't giving out any information about herself, she's never had to do one before, we might sell her information and there are no laws about what we can do with her info. I did feebly try to explain the Data Protection Act, but by that time she had already flounced through the health centre, then the gym upstairs, screaming at the top of her lungs. I had 30 seconds to gather myself before seeing my next client, who saw the whole thing!

Sorry its long, just had to rant...The unnamed salon who was here before have a lot to answer for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh dear! but at least you stuck by your guns and didnt back down. Sounds to me like that client would be the kind you had to give freebies out to because she complains all the time. I suspect she will be back...and act as though nothing happened. Did you buy it as a going concern?

Did you buy it as a going concern?

I'm sorry, my brain seems to be on meltdown after this day from hell...I didn't quite understand that :)

Well good for you

Im fed up dealing with new clients who say well we didnt do this, or we didnt do that, at their old salon. (clients sometimes tell fibbs) Thought to ponder "but if not... if their old salon was so good why are they here now with me????":irked:

I usually say yes that's fine, but it is my pleasure to do this for you this way. they usually see I wont be moved and as I keep smiling and nodding they usually give up and do it my way wither its filling in a consultation form or having a patch test. I will not compromise on this.

I know we dont always practise what we were taught but good salon etiquite costs us nothing and in the long run only aids us and the clients.

In Scottland we have a saying
"a person needs more faces than singers town clock" In other words a face for all situations keep smiling even when we have our patients tested. :Grope: This was an old clock at the singers factors which displayed many clock faces.

So good on you its nice to hear someone who believes in what she does and dosent think the client knows best!!!!!.

Catherine

Thanks, Catherine :) Like you, I'm well aware that clients tell fibs about what they did and didn't have to do, but this is the fourth lady to come in and demand a tint on the spot with no test. It worries me that we'll be getting a reputation for turning clients away, but other geeks have made me realise that my passion and livlihood is worth much more than a couple of lash tints.

It also worries me that the owner of this 'salon' has a chain of businesses...wonder how long before he/she gets sued for an allergic reaction with no test!!!

OMG bird, you handled that creature so well, good for you!

Latest posts

Back