My First Portfolio of Acrylic Models

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacque

Reaction score
Hi there all, thank you for your time saving tips last week.

My attached picture is of my 8th model so far and I would really appreciate your expert opinions on both the Acrylics and photo tech (from mobile to computer).

I have only been practising on friends & family since June this year & my time is an embarrasing 5 hours still.

Thank you and look forward to your replies.

Regards, Jacque

Model No. 8
2879Nails_08_Gina_03.jpg

Hi Jacque

Am i being dim - but where is the attached pic?

I took five hours when I first started so don't worry just keep practising!!

Also please don't take this the wrong way but I would suggest you did them more frequently - you say 8th since june - so that is a bit less than one set a week - you may find it more helpful to do them more often.

hope this helps and good luck

Jo xxx

oooopsssss

yes I was being dim coz there it is big and may I say beautiful

I think they look fantastic and you should be well proud - it really does not matter much at this stage about how long it takes just keep plodding on they look fab.

I think there is a bit too much reflection of the light (good it means they shiney) and a little fuzzy but hey I am no technical person - what I know about that sort of stuff you could put on a postage stamp.

Thank you.

My models take so long in booking up, but I would love to be able to practise every day. Still I study as many other aspects as I can and I guess I'll just have to be patient.

Am also going to the Nail Show at Excel to pick up some more tips & bits and looking forward to that.

Regards, Jacque

As far as the picture goes I think you need more lighting.

As far as the nails go, I tend to prefer a more curved smile line, and white not as thick as yours. BUT, they do look consistent and even.

Hiya Just to say your doing well for a beginner :biggrin:
I would say that the nails do look very flat, So try to add more L&P in zone 2, So that you build a nice apex ;) Smile lines do take ages to get right so just keep at it. Well done x

Hi

I don't know anything about cameras so Carnot help you there! :rolleyes:

The nails: very good attempt IMO they look a little porky around the middle which in turn is making them appear too flat almost ski slopy.
I would suggest shaping your smile line a little and building your c-curve to give a slimmer shape, which your clients will lurve :D as it make the fingers look longer and more elegant.
A very good effort though just keep on practicing! :cool:

Latest posts

Back