My first set of gel nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi! Thank you all for sharing your opinion.

I really realize that working with chemicals could be dangerous,chemicals ARE dangerous hun and I 100% agree that there is a need for a training. However, before doing the nails I spoke to my friend who is a Nail Tech and had a course. She explained everything to me, plus I have done a research and found a huge amount of information about nail enhancement.i researched nails aswell hun but did not touch mine until i done a course It is more dangerous when teenage girls get Acrylic Kits from a local drug store and try to do their nails w/o any information about how to properly do it! thats why we do our jobs.....i cannot just go and do electrics/plumbing without being trained properly In my case I have been familiar with nail enhancement since 2002 and I've been gathering information since then (I mentioned that I had my nails done many times).

Also, if we are talking about certificates..in Canada I used to do my nails in a Korean Salon, where they just removed about 50% of my natural nails and it hurt and burned! AND they had certificates. I knew it was wrong.we have heard about these before!!!

So, from my perspective, people either take courses to get information, or search for it themselves. we do courses hun so we know what were doing

Sassy Hassy, you know why I would not do my friend's nails? :) Two reasons: I am not trained, and I won't take a responsibility for that person (I am a lifeguard, I know what it is);good to hear that and, it will take me a few hours, I am sure, and I value my time. I could make much more than $20 for 2 hours :)--business perspective.some people start at the bottom and work up

Then, somebody mentioned hard work+courses. You know, when you learn stuff yourself it is a hard work and effort too. It just may take more time, and I totally agree with Alzy- it is an art for me. I guess that's because I am an artistic person, I can do nail art better that enhancements :green: even though my nails look perfect to me as I always wanted them to be.

My natural nails are great :) BUT there is not enough space for me to draw on them ;) also, they break often and I love long nails, so that's why I decided to go with gel nails.????????

Please, no offend to any one. There are people who make money doing nails, people who take it as a career, and there are those who's hobby is to have beautiful nails (that's me). So, I guess next pictures I'll post to the Nail Art forum :)we have decided to take nails as a career...i dont know anyone who does it as a hobby

P.S. I do not quite get those people who refused to give some comments because I don't have a certificate (I am trained enough to do it for myself). It looks like I am trying to steal your opinion :) However, everyone has a right for his/her own decisions.we have paid lots of money for our courses and equitment...so yes some would not comment. we took nail course to learn...you would be surprised at how your doing things to us as you have not been trained

And I'll consider a nail course as well :) If I did not tell you I have no Certificate, you would never guessed, I think :):wink2:you could be right ..but when you would have posted on here we would have seen mistakes.

Thank you for a great discussion, if there is something else to say, it would be informative to read.

i am and was not being nasty to you ...infact i think WITH training you could be good as a nail tech hun....you posted on a forum where we are professionals...in hair.nails.and skin....so you needed comments otherwise you would not have posted....if some one else said that had no training we would be the same....we are here to help and i think we all have...do a course if you like doing nails....its up to you xx

How do I know they are cured? :) I know how thick it should be and how many minutes it requires to cure :)

Ok
I have just seen people here in denmark do their own gelnails, and when they come to us you can SMELL that the gel isn't cured fully, so thats why I ask.

I know this post was a while ago but hey I cant help but comment on it. Oh dear, oh dear. Everyone is needing to calm down. I can understand how all the nail techs feel on this matter as I have spent a lot of time, effort and money on learning the trade, however can we pls all go back to the original post from Liliya. She at no time mentioned that she was going to turn this into a business or make any money from it. Some people cant afford to maintain the upkeep of professional nails but that shouldnt mean they cant have them. If they want to take the risk on their own nails then who are we to stop them. Liliya, your nails look damn good to me for someone that has had no training, and as long as you only stick to doing your own nails then you are doing no harm. I'm sure you are sensible enough to eventually go on to do a course if you wish to start making money from this, and by the way you have a real flare so I suggest that you do make a career out of it. YOU GO GIRL

Best wishes from Mandy xx

I know this post was a while ago but hey I cant help but comment on it. Oh dear, oh dear. Everyone is needing to calm down. I can understand how all the nail techs feel on this matter as I have spent a lot of time, effort and money on learning the trade, however can we pls all go back to the original post from Liliya. She at no time mentioned that she was going to turn this into a business or make any money from it. Some people cant afford to maintain the upkeep of professional nails but that shouldnt mean they cant have them. If they want to take the risk on their own nails then who are we to stop them. Liliya, your nails look damn good to me for someone that has had no training, and as long as you only stick to doing your own nails then you are doing no harm. I'm sure you are sensible enough to eventually go on to do a course if you wish to start making money from this, and by the way you have a real flare so I suggest that you do make a career out of it. YOU GO GIRL

Best wishes from Mandy xx

this thread was back in Jan so i guess everyone has calmed down by now...:lol:

I think you've just potentially offended every single professional nail technician who is a member of this site.

:eek:

I agree what ridiculous comment to make.
as for the nails yes they look ok I started on myself and soon realised trainning was a must and would certianly not do anything with out it insurance being just one issue. :)

Hi everyone :)

It's been almost a year and I have only done my own nails :) Everything is perfect :)

I am more focusing on Nail art, here is my blog where I am going to post more pictures when I finish studying for my Canadian Securities Course :)
NAIL ART BY LILIYA

Latest posts

Back