My first set of PopIts.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeepPaws

Reaction score
I had a friend round tonight for a new set of nails. I suggested to her that we could have a 'play' at this new system. She was happy to let me do so.
For the first time ever I used white tips and then Popits. I have to say, not bad. I had a few air bubbles and on the thumbs I had to re-do them both as I don't think I held the Popit in place for long enough,,or maybe didn't apply enough pressure.
I did have trouble with the amount to put on though. On a few, I came a bit short at the end of the tip so didn't get a good even coverage. But hey, first set.... not bad. Got to rebalance mine tomorrow. Might even be brave enough to post a piccy!!!
Will keep on trucking with these so I can use them in the salon:green:

Ave been trying them out on my self! Keep soaking one finger off and having a go. Don't know what i am doing wrong but it just doesn't work! :cry: When i have put the popit on it looks like there isn't enough pink in but there must be cos its spilling out the sides.:eek:

Gonna keep trying, not gonna give up!

x

I did mine over a week a go and they're still on strong (well, apart from my index finger on my dominate hand. whacked it on the counter at work today and it's been throbing (sp) loads so ive had to remove & replace it) currently wearing Get Down on It (Dare To Be Dazzling) with black & white flowers on my thumbs and ring fingers.

Had a go on my mums yesterday, took me 40 mins :D using white tips & Funky Town (also DTBD) all over. And she's had lots of people admiring them so she's been handing lots of biz cards out for me!

And i'll be doing my 1st paying PopIts client (ok, so shes a friend, but shes still a paying client) on wed so hopefully i'll have some pictures to post!

xx

I did mine over a week a go and they're still on strong (well, apart from my index finger on my dominate hand. whacked it on the counter at work today and it's been throbing (sp) loads so ive had to remove & replace it) currently wearing Get Down on It (Dare To Be Dazzling) with black & white flowers on my thumbs and ring fingers.

Had a go on my mums yesterday, took me 40 mins :D using white tips & Funky Town (also DTBD) all over. And she's had lots of people admiring them so she's been handing lots of biz cards out for me!

And i'll be doing my 1st paying PopIts client (ok, so shes a friend, but shes still a paying client) on wed so hopefully i'll have some pictures to post!

xx

its really nice to see people with renewed enthusiasm .
i got my sample today and my nails badly need doing so i'll have a go soon too.

I had a friend round tonight for a new set of nails. I suggested to her that we could have a 'play' at this new system. She was happy to let me do so.
For the first time ever I used white tips and then Popits. I have to say, not bad. I had a few air bubbles and on the thumbs I had to re-do them both as I don't think I held the Popit in place for long enough,,or maybe didn't apply enough pressure.
I did have trouble with the amount to put on though. On a few, I came a bit short at the end of the tip so didn't get a good even coverage. But hey, first set.... not bad. Got to rebalance mine tomorrow. Might even be brave enough to post a piccy!!!
Will keep on trucking with these so I can use them in the salon:green:
I'm sure other geeks would love to see your pics, even though they might not be perfect,I know I sure would!!

I'm sure other geeks would love to see your pics, even though they might not be perfect,I know I sure would!!

me too...

Al will do one on myself again tomorrow night and take a pic of it with the popit on so you's can see what i mean... it doesnt look right at all! x

its really nice to see people with renewed enthusiasm .
i got my sample today and my nails badly need doing so i'll have a go soon too.

I just think they're amazing!

My mum loves them too because usually she falls asleep while im doing them, even though it usually takes my 1hr30 for a full set.

me too...

Al will do one on myself again tomorrow night and take a pic of it with the popit on so you's can see what i mean... it doesnt look right at all! x

Cool thanks for that, :hug:

me too...

If this is the case, the answer is simple ... it is because you haven't done it right!

The instructions are pretty clear ... not too much pressure and not too much product. Sounds like you had enough product but applied WAY to much pressure.

I would personally rather see pics of beautiful nails done with the amazing PopIts then yours or anyone's disasters. Photos of disasters do not help anyone.

Maybe a photo of your disaster WILL help YOU as you can get some feedback on how to improve.

Maybe a photo of your disaster WILL help YOU as you can get some feedback on how to improve.

If product squeezes out of the PopIt then there is only one bit of feedback that can be given ... you squeezed it too hard (which is what I said above) or used too much (which is also the feedback I gave above). I don't need to see it ... I know what has happened.

Hi all

I've just received my popits sample and have done two on myself and love them!! First one was not so great (used too much product AND applied too much pressure!!) Second one was much much better! Have just ordered 200 and can't wait to get going on my clients!

I think it's like everything new, practice makes perfect! Remember how hard it was to do nails when we first began??! Practice really does make all the difference! :)

If this is the case, the answer is simple ... it is because you haven't done it right!

The instructions are pretty clear ... not too much pressure and not too much product. Sounds like you had enough product but applied WAY to much pressure.

I would personally rather see pics of beautiful nails done with the amazing PopIts then yours or anyone's disasters. Photos of disasters do not help anyone.

I think that might be the prob 'too much pressure' al have another go and let you's know how i get on! x

Im gutted - I ordered mine on the 26th and they have been stuck at the depot since the 27th... aghhhh!!! I just wanted to get stuck in while I was a but quieter - wont get the chance now till after xmas. Never mind.

Patience is bitter but the rewards are sweet lol

Any pictures .... good or bad would be appreciated by me, Poppits are far from perfect .... they are "uniform", they lack cuticle refinement (which, apparently, we can now be allowed to ignore after being trained otherwise and have strived to perfect), they lack a side profile apex (which apparently, we can no be allowed to ignore after being trained otherwise and have strived to perfect) and an easy solution for some peeps.

Anyones pictures should be welcomed, thats what the critique section is alll about.

Promoting and showing only the good is false advertising.

Not everyone can do tips, sculptures, gels, etc .......or heaven forbid even Poppits (they don't suit everyone).

Obviously there are Poppit fanatics in here and this site is owned by the distributor of them (as well as CND), but fairs fair, let people post their thoughts and pictures, or will many think this is a Poppit puritan site, as well as (obviously not) but often stated a CND site also?

I'm all for new products and methods, but lets not forget the training we have had and paid for in the past, which educates us as to what is supposed to be a well structured nail.

The feeling i'm getting is if a person has a problem with Poppits, they are almost intimidated into (aaaaaaaw, they are easy), maybe they are, but easy for some, just like any other method.

The step by step is pretty cool and self explanitory, but the pictures are almost miniscule .... Emmas final pics (with one traditional nail) are the best quality pics by far (and yep, to the trained eye, also show the faults), nuthin like an honest picture, Emms, they are fab for poppits, but you do great traditional work also and are a gifted tech.

As far as repeat comments and advise, look at any of the critique posts (any method) and the advice is pretty much the same also.

Well...

I had another bash at it last night! 'not too much pressure' and it worked!

I dont 'love it' but it looks ok, it will def be better for when i am doing my own nails. x

Any pictures .... good or bad would be appreciated by me, Poppits are far from perfect .... they are "uniform", they lack cuticle refinement (which, apparently, we can now be allowed to ignore after being trained otherwise and have strived to perfect), they lack a side profile apex (which apparently, we can no be allowed to ignore after being trained otherwise and have strived to perfect) and an easy solution for some peeps.
Anyones pictures should be welcomed, thats what the critique section is alll about.
Promoting and showing only the good is false advertising.
Not everyone can do tips, sculptures, gels, etc .......or heaven forbid even Poppits (they don't suit everyone).
Obviously there are Poppit fanatics in here and this site is owned by the distributor of them (as well as CND), but fairs fair, let people post their thoughts and pictures, or will many think this is a Poppit puritan site, as well as (obviously not) but often stated a CND site also?
I'm all for new products and methods, but lets not forget the training we have had and paid for in the past, which educates us as to what is supposed to be a well structured nail.
The feeling i'm getting is if a person has a problem with Poppits, they are almost intimidated into (aaaaaaaw, they are easy), maybe they are, but easy for some, just like any other method.
The step by step is pretty cool and self explanitory, but the pictures are almost miniscule .... Emmas final pics (with one traditional nail) are the best quality pics by far (and yep, to the trained eye, also show the faults), nuthin like an honest picture, Emms, they are fab for poppits, but you do great traditional work also and are a gifted tech.
As far as repeat comments and advise, look at any of the critique posts (any method) and the advice is pretty much the same also.
WOW!! I agree with everything you have said, that is why i wanted the pics of the disaster,I want to see the popits from all angles (good and bad) I am sure when mine arrive I am going to have some bad looking nails to start with until I get used to them, like anything I suppose...
Also I think its really good to post a pic if you are struggling with them. so
that those of us who do have a problem dont think we are the only ones
who cant do them.Sorry to go against you gigi but in this case i do think you are wrong:hug:

Well...

I had another bash at it last night! 'not too much pressure' and it worked!

I dont 'love it' but it looks ok, it will def be better for when i am doing my own nails. x
Do you think you could post some pics so we can see them??

Al sick some pic's on when i find my cam. x

Any pictures .... good or bad would be appreciated by me, PopIts are far from perfect .... they are "uniform" Isn't uniformity what we all strive for?, they lack cuticle refinement UNTRUE -- They are as refined at the eponychium as any gel nail which always shows a slight difference on re-growth between where the eponychium is and the product. IF applied correctly, you cannot see any lack of refinement on application. (which, apparently, we can now be allowed to ignore after being trained otherwise and have strived to perfect), they lack a side profile apex UNTRUE --They have a perfectly beautiful side profile and a very strong apex. (which apparently, we can no be allowed to ignore after being trained otherwise and have strived to perfect) and an easy solution for some peeps. I think we have seen ample evidence that this is untrue.

Promoting and showing only the good is false advertising. I don't agree .. people should see the best of what the finished product can look like not all the botches that the inexpert person produces.

Not everyone can do tips, sculptures, gels, etc .......or heaven forbid even PopIts (they don't suit everyone). They suit almost everyone ... I know .. I've done hundreds.

Obviously there are PopIt fanatics in here and this site is owned by the distributor of them (as well as CND), but fairs fair, let people post their thoughts and pictures, or will many think this is a PopIt puritan site, as well as (obviously not) but often stated a CND site also? No one including myself has said not to post pictures or their thoughts. I have spent hours answering every query that has ever been asked and given advice on how to improve the disasters .. written step by steps etc and information galore. I think I have been more than fair.

I'm all for new products and methods, but lets not forget the training we have had and paid for in the past, which educates us as to what is supposed to be a well structured nail. The finished PopIts nails are gorgeous ... no other word for them.

The feeling i'm getting is if a person has a problem with Poppits, they are almost intimidated into (aaaaaaaw, they are easy), maybe they are, but easy for some, just like any other method. See the above, Carl. I have helped every person who has asked for it.

The step by step is pretty cool and self explanitory, but the pictures are almost miniscule (sorry but I will be asking Samuel to put on the larger ones as soon as he can. I do not have a clue how to do it) .... Emmas final pics (with one traditional nail) are the best quality pics by far (and yep, to the trained eye, also show the faults), nuthin like an honest picture, Emms, they are fab for PopIts, but you do great traditional work also and are a gifted tech.

Sorry if my opinion upset you or anyone else. The critique section is the place where disasters or beautiful work should be posted I feel.

Latest posts

Back