my first tip !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karren

Reaction score
hey all

just thought id share my news

Just finished a new client with Brisa Toes, which shes thrilled with, and she tipped me £4 !!!! so what did i do ? I insisted not necessary then kept my mouth shut whilst SHE insisted which i politely followed with thank you ! will i ever learn

Am i sad for getting so excited over so little ?! NO

kx

No you are not sad for getting excited!! It is great to feel appreciated and know the client is pleased with your work. I got a £5 tip from a hairdresser a couple of weeks ago - it kept me smiling for days!!!! :lol:

Well done you!!!!

Well done :green:

My first ever tip was a jar of Sweet Green Pepper Chilli :lol:

I hate Green Peppers, but the old dear giving it to me was so lovely I didn't like to refuse. It wasn't until I got home and tried to give some to Husband I realised it was out of date too :o

I have had some gorgeous little gifts from clients, especially at xmas...they do make you feel very appreciated. My funniest was the offer of a bunch of leeks from a dear old lady...bless her :)

TracyUK said:
My funniest was the offer of a bunch of leeks from a dear old lady...bless her :)

LOL! Aww bless......I had a bagful of runner beans once of a lady! I think she must have thought I needed some greens! :lol:

I have a regular mani client who has never ever not showed for an appointment during the 12 mths ive been going. She always admires my collection of ragdolls and Felicity Wishes pics which adorn my little beauty den each week she visits me......her and her Hubby had a weekend break recently and she bought me the cutest little ragdoll back with her as a pressy! I was everso chuffed!

Karren said:
hey all

just thought id share my news

Just finished a new client with Brisa Toes, which shes thrilled with, and she tipped me £4 !!!! so what did i do ? I insisted not necessary then kept my mouth shut whilst SHE insisted which i politely followed with thank you ! will i ever learn

Am i sad for getting so excited over so little ?! NO

kx
Hi there! We're none of us very good at just accepting tips graciously are we??? I was the same: my first tip was huge - it was £13 (on a full set) and i turned round and told her it wasnt necessary!!! I've learnt since then and whenever anybody gives me extra i just say "thank you very much" :)

You are so right Carole - Im not very good at taking compliments or gifts at the best of times!! ... though vegetables will be a new one on me ! i do think its sweet though, they obviously went to the trouble of buying or picking these and bringing them with them - the thought alone is heartwarming (though NO VEGGIES for me please !)

kx

Carole Lindsay said:
Hi there! We're none of us very good at just accepting tips graciously are we??? I was the same: my first tip was huge - it was £13 (on a full set) and i turned round and told her it wasnt necessary!!! I've learnt since then and whenever anybody gives me extra i just say "thank you very much" :)

The strangest tip i ever had was when i was working in a salon and an old lady came in for a manicure she was a little early so i was finishing my previous client when i had finished her full set she said they looked lovley and gave me a £5.00 tip.

I welcomed my old dear and done her manicure at the end she said to me "shall i give you a tip?" i ploitley refused saying it wasn't nessacary she looked at me and said "no no i'll give you a tip.........................Don't put your shoes on before your trousers!" and she walked out smiling. LOL

Latest posts

Back