My first website!! What do you think?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emily22

Reaction score
Hi, have just set up my website, first time ive ever done anything like this..
If anyone has a min please feel free to have a look and let me know what you think, if theres anything you think i should change feel free to tell me (i dont mind - honest!):green:

Home

ooh i like it

well done you

very nice indeed :)

I liked it...nice and informative...
this is from a clients perspective as I am not qualified in anything...yet!

Just one thing I noticed.. ( I read through the rest quickly..ish ) ... on your contacts page you spelt IMMEDIATELY incorrectly... Whether there was any other mistakes I don't know but that one jumped out at me so to speak.

Anyway well done...I like it. Thought the announcements page was a nice touch. :green:

xxx

HI and Well done.

I havent read through everything in detail and have gone off my first glimpse impressions.

It all seems very professional but I feel that it all looks too wordy and perhaps needs breaking down a little in parts. I know you have some pictures on there but some more visual stuff may help with this.

I will add more when I get a good proper look.

I love the look of it, and the colour scheme you've chosen. It's very easy to navigate, and quick to load. I did pick up on a few things (mainly spelling).

Home page:
I also like to recieve (should be receive) feedback so if there is anything I dont (should be don't) do that you would like to see - let me know!

Whether you are someone who regulary (should be regularly) likes to be pampered

On the 2007 Price List page
Mini Manicure - you've put Opi instead of OPI
I'd like to see all the fonts the same, it looks a bit jumbled. Also try and line up the prices to the right hand margin, it will look a lot neater.

On the luxury treatments page:

TLC treatments: on the second line you've put immensly (should be immensely). Thermal mitts is (should be are - hope that makes sense!)

On the Special offers page, in the Limited Offers section, you've got 'recieve' in three places, it should be 'receive'.

On the Contact page, you've spelt immediately wrong.

On the Announcements page, you've misspelled unfortunately.

Oh, and please can you take out some of the exclamation marks? They get a bit much when they're on almost every sentence. (JMHO)

I like the idea of having the contact details on the bottom of each page - I might nick that! :)

I hope you don't mind me being really picky, but I think first impressions do count for an awful lot. Don't take it personally, I do this to everyone!!:lol:

It may be an idea to put some kind of guide to how far you're prepared to travel as well.

All the best with your business, I hope you do really well with it.

Hi, thanks for your replies! Its taken me hours to do it - mainly trying to figure out how to do it was the worst bit! Thanks for pointing out the spelling mistakes etc - ive gone through them and think ive correct them all! :o
Its good to have another pair of eyes to look at something, when you've been staring at the same thing for hours on end its hard to see the mistakes!

Ive gone through the font and corrected it, ive had a few probs with finding that ive set the page one way but its saved it differently to how i laid it out. Ive gone through the whole site to check that its now all how I orginally set it and, fingers crossed, I think ive done it..

I am in the process of adding more images, will probably do this over the next couple of days. Typing it all was one thing, trying to figure out how to put the pics on is another - but i think i have some idea how to do it now.

Im completely shattered now so am gonna try and get my head down, ill then face it all again tommorow!

Thank you so much to all of you for your tips! And 'rouge' I don't think you have been picky - im very grateful for pointing it all out for me!!:green::green::green:

on first glance it looks very good.

i haven't had a chance to read through all of the text yet but i think a lot of spelling mistakes have been picked up on.

the one thing i would say is in your navigation bar at the side, why do u have '......' after a lot of the sections? i don't think this is neccessary, u just need to put what section it's taking you too.

hope i don't sound patronising - my step-dad is a graphic designer and has to write/correct a lot of type for leaflets, brochures etc so i pick up on things like that!! i'm a bit pedantic!!!

xx

on first glance it looks very good.

i haven't had a chance to read through all of the text yet but i think a lot of spelling mistakes have been picked up on.

the one thing i would say is in your navigation bar at the side, why do u have '......' after a lot of the sections? i don't think this is neccessary, u just need to put what section it's taking you too.

hope i don't sound patronising - my step-dad is a graphic designer and has to write/correct a lot of type for leaflets, brochures etc so i pick up on things like that!! i'm a bit pedantic!!!

xx

Hehehe, nice to know it's not just me!! :lol::eek:

hi, thanks again for the replies! Despite wanting to go to bed ive stayed up again trying to sort the website out. I just want it to be perfect but im having a lot of probs with the font! Despite it looking how it should when im editing it, everytime i save it it looks different! So i apologise if it looks a little odd at the mo..

Ive finally given up for tonight, i am soooo tired and can hear my bed calling me! :zzz:

If i had the money id pay someone to do the site for me - but nope, i thought id give it a go myself first - didnt really how much work you have to put into it! Hopefully it will be worth it though once ive got it sorted properly...

Thanks again to all of you.. Good nite for now!:zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz:

You are doing a fine job...xxx Now go and :zzz:

For your first website it's very good. On the 2007 price list, the banner is a different size to the main table, due to the small images on the right hand side. Also on the same page (not sure if this has been mentioned) the text size and colour changes. To keep a website looking professional a constant house style helps, this basically means keeping the same font family, size and colour for each subtitle, text box etc. Also keeping the colours the same on every document to do with your business, i'd try to keep colours that are close together like pinks, reds and maybe purple like you have done. I personally wouldn't have used the green, also i'd try changing the colour on the home page as this is the only time you have used black as a font colour, except for the 'contact..' page, where the font then changes again.
Sorry for the essay but when i see websites can't help going into ict mode :lol:

Latest posts

Back