My fourth set of Brisa gel nails what do you think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi hun, I don't do gels so cant coment on the application but for the over all look, you have nice smile lines but need to check the length some of those whites are a lot longer then others and the sides of the thumb nails look like they could do with a bit more work from your file. over all nothing major and nice tidy work well done.:hug:

You need to balance your pink to white ratio better there is way too much white babes, Also check your apex placement to get a nice curve.
Thanks for sharing xxxxx

Have you used white tips?
Also too much white, bring down the length of the tip and then they will look loads better! xxx:hug:

You've done well for your 4th set :D
I would reduce the free edge (whites) length down by half, if you did that it would totally change the appearance of them and IMO they would look a lot more balanced and lovely.
Your smiles aren't consistent but being new to using gel you've done a good job.

Overall I think you should be pleased, there's a few pointers in the thread for you to work on and the next set you do will be even better :D
Keep on sharing your work x

Well you are on the way, but you are not there yet. These nails could look so much prettier if they were slimmed down, filed shorter, tips placed at a prettier angle ... it's all in the details and the details need working on.

My advice is to look at some images of beautiful nails and do not stop working on your set until you have duplicated the 'look' of those beautiful nails. Nail enhancements should not look fake ... pink and white French nails should look like they have been painted on real nails not stuck on the top of real nails.

So keep on working on whatever set you do until they look as near to perfect as you can get them and PRETTY. Once you achieve perfect, then practise until it becomes second nature to always do them that way.

Thank you so much guys, i have had a break from the industry for a little more than 8 years and decided after a time on work experience i would go mobile. I have not even advertised yet and geting loads of calls. I really appretiate your opinions because it has been a long time for me. I am so pleased with the result. Perfecting the shape is really hard i hav found. And buildin the apex. My client wanted them quite long as she is used to long nails, your comments means so much to me, any tips on fileing and building the apex would be much appretiated . thanks again x

any tips on filing and building the apex would be much appreciated . thanks again x
Check out the tutorials re filing, there are 4 filing tutorials done by Geeg, they contain invaluable advice.

Did you take a class/conversion with Brisa? if not then I strongly recommend it as it's the only way to get the most out of your products :green:

no i have not don any courses but am planning on doing the foundation course when i come back from my holls. Money really short at the min and i would imagine the five day foundation is quite expensive.

no i have not don any courses but am planning on doing the foundation course when i come back from my holls. Money really short at the min and i would imagine the five day foundation is quite expensive.
How did you manage to buy Brisa gel? It's only sold to technicians in the UK if they've taken a conversion course.

Using products without the relevant training isn't a wise move and can lead to all kinds of problems, overexposure is a major point.

You said "your client wanted them long", this suggests that you're using them on paying customers, if anything should go wrong and they decide to sue you then your insurance wouldn't cover you because you haven't been trained to use the product.
Don't think that I'm 'getting at you', just trying to show you what could happen.

sorry do not think i explained myself properly i am a fully qualified beauty therapist and nail tech , i did my qualifications i have level 3 in nails level three diploma in aroma level 2 beauty level 3 body massage and full qualification in decleor and have done a spangles nail art course. I have not specifically done the brisa system course. i am insured through babtac Also i am qualified to work with any system from gel to acrlic as i did an advanced course at college just with different systems

sorry do not think i explained myself properly i am a fully qualified beauty therapist and nail tech , i did my qualifications i have level 3 in nails level three diploma in aroma level 2 beauty level 3 body massage and full qualification in decleor and have done a spangles nail art course. I have not specifically done the brisa system course. i am isured through babtac
Creative do a conversion course, not sure if you have to pay or not , you probably wouldnt have to do the foundation, with your qualifications , give them a call creative nail academy 0113 275 0433.:wink2:

Thank you so m uch, just spoke with the lady and as i have my level 3 nail qualification i do not have to take any further courses to use the system but have been told i could do a one day if i wanted to, but the video covers most of the one day, so it is simply practice practice.:biggrin:

Thank you so m uch, just spoke with the lady and as i have my level 3 nail qualification i do not have to take any further courses to use the system but have been told i could do a one day if i wanted to, but the video covers most of the one day, so it is simply practice practice.:biggrin:
Your welcome:biggrin: i have the video , its useful to have, good to be able to watch an expert application and apply it to your own!

because i am just starting back up, i have my concerns and i was over all chuffed with the above nails especially as it is my first set in 8 yars. I have just spoken with dianne i think her name is from creative and she said because i am fully qualified even the induction conversion day would not be ideal but if i come accross any problems then they can do one to one which is great. thank s again you have all been brill

Latest posts

Back