My gals nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangeball

Reaction score
Hi there everyone
I'm writing to you for some advice. I am a guy who loves ladies nails, I have a fetish. I'm not weird or anything, I just like them, a lot, hehe.

Anyway, I have convinced my girlfriend to get gel nails done because I like the way they look so perfect. I like the french manicure style the best.

My girfriend was wary of getting false nails at first because she was afraid that they would ruin her own natural nails. Her own nails are very nice, they are long(ish, for natural they are) but I really would much prefer them slightly longer, and normal manicures just don't look anywhere near as good as gels.

My question is, should I advise her to get a coat of gel without getting any tips put on? since she has reasonably shaped nails as it is? or should I ask her to get tips as well and go straight for perfection?

I'm struggling a bit with all the jargon. If she were to get simply a gel coat(or coats) over her own nails, what is that called? is that called overlays?? or wraps?? or something else??

My last point, sorry for prattling on, I live near Glasgow in Scotland, UK. Where should she go to get them done? How do you know where the good nail techs reside?? is there anything to look for when searching for EXCELLENT nail techs?? i mean really good ones? - My girlfriend has had problems before with poor manicurists before(don't think she's been to a proper nail tech as such, dunno, maybe she has)

Thank you soooo much for your help. Please reply to my email address:
[email protected]

Sincerely
Paul.

I was just wondering, does your girlfriend actually want to have enhancements, or have you decided just what she'll have done?

Debbie

Hi Debbie

She did not want them to begin with but that is because she knew very little about them. She just didn't like the idea of something being stuck onto her already nice nails.

But she said she would get them done for me as a one-off coz I like them so much, then get them removed. I accepted this gratefully knowing that she was willing to risk the condition of her own nails for my pleasure.

I felt reall guilty about this, so, I did some research to find out if there was a product which looked good to me and didn't damage her natural nails and I found it in Gel nails. So I'm at the moment I'm trying to find an experienced nail tech to look after her.

I'm sure she will want to keep them once she has them, her natural nails looked nice, but when one broke then the rest looked silly and she had to cut them, so when she gets gel overlays she can still shape her own nails without them breaking. She was also concerned about peole saying "why did you get false nails when your nails are so lovely without them?" With gel overlays it's not false nails so she can still claim it is her own nails and accept all the praise for them.

At the end of the day, I'm not making her do it. Moreover, if she doesn't like them then I will be the first to tell her to get rid of them.

Sincerely
Paul

Hi Paul, Mrs Geek here - well why don't you try Fingertips on Wilson Street in Glasgow (I know loads more too). ;) I would suggest since you say your girlfriend already has lovely natural nails, to either go for just a coating (be it Gel, L+P or Fiberglass - remember it's not the product but the tek who applies it that makes the difference :shock: ) OR, if it's the extra length she could have her own nails lengthened by having extra length sculpted to her own free-edge!! Let me know the scoop! :salute:

Hi

She got them done yesterday and she loves them! She didn't realise how natural acrylics can look!

She got acrylic(l&p) overlay without tips, her nails were long enough to be fine. Just one thing, they weren't shiny enough but I'm already on it, CND "Looks Wet" already ordered and on it's way. Any other tips on how to keep her nails super-wow-mirror-gloss-shiny(i should patent that word;)) would be greatly appreciated. I have already got SolarOil and the Girlfriend buffer for her.

Thanks for the help Mrs Geek.

It's nice to hear that you are both pleased with them. So many people are unsure about having enhancements, but once they have them they adore them, I know I could never be without mine. Glad you're both happy.

Debbie

Orangeball said:
Hi

She got them done yesterday and she loves them! She didn't realise how natural acrylics can look!

She got acrylic(l&p) overlay without tips, her nails were long enough to be fine. Just one thing, they weren't shiny enough but I'm already on it, CND "Looks Wet" already ordered and on it's way. Any other tips on how to keep her nails super-wow-mirror-gloss-shiny(i should patent that word;)) would be greatly appreciated. I have already got SolarOil and the Girlfriend buffer for her.

Thanks for the help Mrs Geek.
Great Stuff - the Girlfriend is the Bomb!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back