My gel polish keeps peeling off after 1 week!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss_Sunshine85

Reaction score
Hi All, iv been reading lots of threads and replies about this but my gel polish keeps peeling off.

I have finished my courses about a month ago now and keep practicing like crazy, I have been doing everything as taught but still peels off.., toes have been fine but fingers are the problem.

Process iv been doing:

1. Push cuticles back and lightly buff ️Nails taking off the shine
2. Dehydrating the ️Nails with a gel prep liquid from salon system
3. Adding the primer thinly
4. Base coat and curing
5. 2-3 thin layers of colour capping the free edge curing after each layer
6. Top coat and curing
7. Wiping off the excess

They are not just chipping but actually peeling off like a sticker after 1 week and in not getting it on the cuticle or skin.

Please help as its putting me off doing it

It could be the brand u are using

Hi All, iv been reading lots of threads and replies about this but my gel polish keeps peeling off.

I have finished my courses about a month ago now and keep practicing like crazy, I have been doing everything as taught but still peels off.., toes have been fine but fingers are the problem.

Process iv been doing:

1. Push cuticles back and lightly buff ️Nails taking off the shine
2. Dehydrating the ️Nails with a gel prep liquid from salon system
3. Adding the primer thinly
4. Base coat and curing
5. 2-3 thin layers of colour capping the free edge curing after each layer
6. Top coat and curing
7. Wiping off the excess

They are not just chipping but actually peeling off like a sticker after 1 week and in not getting it on the cuticle or skin.

Please help as its putting me off doing it
I'm having this problem too, only thing I'm trying next is the better lamp, i've been using the 9w lamp that goes with the gel polish and now bought 36w. Can't think what else it could be as my prep work has been checked too. I'm only doing them on myself and a friend but she doesn't wear gloves while cleaning etc so to be expected yet I do.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

What brand of gel do you use? Is your lamp led or uv?

do you use scrub fresh whilst prepping the nails too Miss sunshine ?
I'm using a UV lamp with mine

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Describe how you are pushing the cuticles back. I had a problem with acrylic lifting until someone posted a video of properly doing the cuticle work. I'll try and find it. I've not had anyone say they're nails have lifted or anything since.

I had this problem for a while until I found a video about cuticle being on the nail plate so now I give it a light but good ol scraping once cuticle remover is on and I must say problem is solved for me now 14+ days and I use cuccio veneers

I had this problem for a while until I found a video about cuticle being on the nail plate so now I give it a light but good ol scraping once cuticle remover is on and I must say problem is solved for me now 14+ days and I use cuccio veneers

Yeah that's the link I posted up. Sorry I wasn't clear, was a long day yesterday [emoji23]

Hi everyone

Thanks for your replies. The answers to your questions are
I use a 36w edge brand UV lamp
I use IBD gelish for my gel, base and top coat (although the primer is a cheap one maybe I should change that)
Cuticles I was always taught to it dry no cuticle remover and use my Orange wood stick or tool to gentle push back the cuticle and then the clippers to remove any untidy skin

???

Base coats should be extremely thin almost just scrubbed onto nail. And colour coats should've be really really really thin especially the first colour coat. On a training day with Gelish the one thing that stood out for me and has been perfect advice since is that the trainer said "with gel & LED think thin coats and go thinner!!"

Also scrubfresh from Sweet Squared is brilliant

I'd get the Ibd primer and also maybe dry brush after base coat. X

Hi everyone

Thanks for your replies. The answers to your questions are
I use a 36w edge brand UV lamp
I use IBD gelish for my gel, base and top coat (although the primer is a cheap one maybe I should change that)
Cuticles I was always taught to it dry no cuticle remover and use my Orange wood stick or tool to gentle push back the cuticle and then the clippers to remove any untidy skin

???
Yeah that's the link I posted up. Sorry I wasn't clear, was a long day yesterday [emoji23]

@Niksmiss sorry it's me didn't check the link yesterday haha..... And @miss_sunshine if doing a mani and then gel polish I always use cuticle remover then just soak nails in fresh water to get rid of any remaining residue x

@miss_sunshine did you ever find a solution? This happens to me all the time still.

Just so you know, the poster you’ve quoted has been absent from the Salon Geek website for 3 years.
Thanks for taking the time to let me know!

Latest posts

Back