My Gelish getting ruined when removing polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

befab

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm having problems with my own gelish getting ruined when removing nail polish from clients nails or when doing gelish removals. My gelish always seems to start peeling.

I started wearing gloves but I think the remover still seeps through because they still start peeling a little while afterwards.

I always thought that top it off was acetone resistant hence buffing the top layer off before removal.

Please help!

I'm not sure how you're nails are getting to that state.
You really need to use you're hands and fingers in a different way or less acetone.
There is no need for your nails to come in contact with any acetone, whilst removing others. You should be putting your acetone on a cotton ball, placing on clients nails and wrap! No contact.
As for removing polish, you use the inner part of your fingers not the ends of your fingers..voila no damaged gel polish :)

I'm not sure how you're nails are getting to that state.
You really need to use you're hands and fingers in a different way or less acetone.
There is no need for your nails to come in contact with any acetone, whilst removing others. You should be putting your acetone on a cotton ball, placing on clients nails and wrap! No contact.
As for removing polish, you use the inner part of your fingers not the ends of your fingers..voila no damaged gel polish :)

+1

My nails never come into contact with any solution when removing.

I place the quarter of a cotton pad on my palm, squirt with Soak off, place on the nail, wrap foil around the finger & hey presto.

Wonda - Excatly - none of us want daily contact with any of these type of products. :)

I never buff off the top coat, complete waste of time. Try removing the same way without buffing, I find it comes off much better. I know this doesn't help you re your Gelish coming off but just thought I'd mention it. TIO is not acetone resistant at all.

Or use the magis wraps & you won't come into contact with the remover at all :) x

I never buff off the top coat, complete waste of time. Try removing the same way without buffing, I find it comes off much better. I know this doesn't help you re your Gelish coming off but just thought I'd mention it. TIO is not acetone resistant at all.

Since when has Gelish TIO not been acetone resistant?

Think Acetone is that strong, leave anything in contact with it for long enough & it'll start to dissolve it.

What gloves are you using? I find that Nitrile gloves protect without seepage.......

I second Nitrile, when I have Gelish on I wear them for soak offs and have no seepage through the glove atall so no problems.

Gloves or no gloves- everyone should be using the right techniques to save exposure to acetone or any type of removers ..

I use plastic backed cotton rounds. They minimize my exposure to the acetone and keep my nails looking good. When removing Shellac, I use the pads of my fingertips to apply the cotton with acetone and I use a small amount so it doesn't drip.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

Thank you all... Yes i think its my technique. Will follow the advice given.

Thank you again x

Latest posts

Back