My glitter gel pics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marian

Reaction score
Well here goes nothing! I personally think they are too thick but if I file too much then I remove the glitter:irked:. All comments welcome.

P1000031.jpg

P1000029.jpg

P1000022.jpg

Oh my goodness, 29 views no replies! I think that says a lot lol!:eek:

Ok - well done.

I do agree they do appear a little thick - tell us what your application process was before you put your glitter on. You dont need to apply the glitter thickly so the overall look doesnt need to be thick or bulky.

They do seem a little bulky to me hun but apart from that they look nice and sparkly :)
Did you do them on yourself? And how did you do them?
Here is a pic of one i did, mind it was only one cos i couldn't manage to do anymore, took me about 30 minutes :lol:
Gel enhancement with glitter tip on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

It does depend on what gel you use, but i would say apply a thin layer of clear on the whole nail, then apply a thin layer of the red glitter gel on the tip and freeze as you would, do all five or ten, then cure. Then do your builder on the nail bed and fade in to the free edge so you don't get a ridge, cure and finish as normal.

It is harder with gel to get a thin edge when using colour as you need to cap with clear or you will file it off. I think you have done well for someone who hasn't done it a lot. So well done you.

It does take practice to get this right, pat on the back for sharing.

Hi hun i think they look alittle thick but to get the thickness you could blend the tip abit more first then your first thin layer or gel, apply your glitter and then your clear gel over the op this will give you more room to file.

hope this helps :hug:

My application using Akzentz gel is as follows:

Prep
Clear tip application (cut out well)
Blend slightly to debulk tip
primer
bonder gel
glitter smile application using trilite clear
cure
builder translucent pink application to build apex and drag over tip
cure
glitter all over nail using trilite clear
cure
file to refine
top gloss
cure

ღMandyღ;696562 said:
They do seem a little bulky to me hun but apart from that they look nice and sparkly :)
Did you do them on yourself? And how did you do them?
Here is a pic of one i did, mind it was only one cos i couldn't manage to do anymore, took me about 30 minutes :lol:
Gel enhancement with glitter tip on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Hi and thanks for your comments. I did them on a friend and have posted my application method. Your glitter gel looks much more delicate than my big crude ones:cry:!

Hi and thanks for your comments. I did them on a friend and have posted my application method. Your glitter gel looks much more delicate than my big crude ones:cry:!
Yeah well 30 minutes for one finger though, would never make any money on that would i, lol.
Well i don't use the same system as you but i'm sure that is fine, all i can say is to try and use less product.
How i did mine was apply tip and blend as usual. Then i use an all in one gel so i applied my gel and cured. Got the nail to a finnished look then put a very, very thin layer of gel where i wanted the glitter, used another brush to pick up the glitter and dab it into the wet gel then cured.
Then i applied a final layer of gel and cured.
Have a go on yourself hun, take your time and you'll be fine.
You have done a good job imo and you knew where you had gone wrong, keep it up and let me know if you try it on yourself :hug:

Marian - with plenty of practice you will get the look that you wish for. It all takes time and lots of practice so you should be proud of making a good start and as long as you aim to get better with each set that you do you will see a big improvement in no time.

Well done.

Marian - with plenty of practice you will get the look that you wish for. It all takes time and lots of practice so you should be proud of making a good start and as long as you aim to get better with each set that you do you will see a big improvement in no time.

Well done.

Thanks for that:hug:! My problem is not enough practice, I know I should be but need to get my hands on a darn nail trainer to give me more experience. I see so much lovely work on here and wonder if and when I will be able to produce the same!

Thanks for that:hug:! My problem is not enough practice, I know I should be but need to get my hands on a darn nail trainer to give me more experience. I see so much lovely work on here and wonder if and when I will be able to produce the same!
Of course you will, we all have to start somewhere. That's why i try stuff out on myself first, give myself a bit of confidence i supose.
Chin up hun :hug:

a nail trainer is a huge benefit,they are really good.
if you cant get one yet, may i suggest you get some plastic training fingers, they will be a real help and they are very inexpensive too.

Latest posts

Back