My gun is leaking, need the white insert

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harlsdiesel2

Reaction score
Just like is says my gun leaks around the cup I think I need a new White insert where can I get these from? my spare cups have them but they are no good as the holes are not pre cut for the pick up tube etc.any ideas please?Xx

My gun is a 5008.Xx

I don't know where you get them from hun, but i had a problem with a leaky cup last night & no matter how straight i thought it was - it still leaked - not a good image for paying customers! Anyone got any tips on how to resolve leaky cups??? x

I don't know where you get them from hun, but i had a problem with a leaky cup last night & no matter how straight i thought it was - it still leaked - not a good image for paying customers! Anyone got any tips on how to resolve leaky cups??? x

Mine started off like that now it's getting worse! I can't use it without a bag round it now :-(

So glad I found this thread my gun started leaking a few days ago, a few trickles at first now it literally sloshes out, I'm wasting nearly as much as I'm using.
Tried a quick fix using a rubber seal from an ikea jar (no good) tried to 'fatten' up the original seal by steaming it (didn't work!) so now I spend about 15 minutes before a client comes trying and hoping the
cup is on straight and tight enough. Have had a quick look online for replacements with no luck.
Will be very interested for any advice as it looks terribly unprofessional and also wastes a lot of precious solution!

I also have this problem but I find it helps if you take the white disc bit out and clean an dry under it. Then clean the white thing in very hot water and leave it to dry before you put it back in. It seems to fit better after you've done this and it can stop it leaking so much. I also keep a black hairband wrapped around the top of the cup. It catches any drips and it looks better than a bag. If you need a new white bit you should be able to buy them from any company selling the machines xx

try coating the thread with vaseline. i find this helps

Contact Earlex, I'm sure they'll be able to help you. XxX

Steve@Nouvatan said he has the replacement seals previously so maybe contact them at Nouvatan.

I have always found that removing the white seal and pouring boiling water over it fattens it up again and also making sure it is all clean under the seal and around the threads as the leaking is solution being forced down the threads by the air inside the cup - if there is no solution in the grooves of the threads or under the seal then you should not get any leaks as there is no solution there to force down the threads.

Mine started off like that now it's getting worse! I can't use it without a bag round it now :-(

That doesn't bode well for me does it??? Some good advice here though x

Latest posts

Back