My Hair Didn't take

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waxed

Reaction score
Hi Guys I went to a salon to have my hair highlighted today and it hasn't taken.

It was half a head of highlights I wanted to go lighter ,but the lady talked me round to having more caramel and honey tones.

Which sounded great anyway after removing my foils and having my hair washed the lady told me it hasn't taken

Im really confused Its darker than what it was when I first went in and with no highlights.

Is their any reason why it wouldn't take

My hair is a natural light brown with highlights... I have only had my hair done once before and it was fine, about a year ago

Thanks

ummm she might have used the wrong strength peroxide , esp if its ended up darker !!!
has she said she will sort it out for you ??

Hi

She didn't charge me for it today but did charged me £15:00 for a blow dry is that normal? I wasn't actually getting it cut to day.

She has booked me back in on Wednesday but after thinking about it I am going to have to pay for it doing on Wednesday and iv been charged £15:00 today...... so I have paid out £15:00 extra for my hair not taking :cry:

Is that the norm......?

Thanks

Angela

Hi Hun,
Why oh why do we let hairdressers talk us out of what we want.
I hope she has said she will sort it out for you. I have had a few colour disasters over the years. Now I have a magazine picture of the colour I want and take it with me. I knew at the start it would take a few visits to get mine to the desired look, my next vist should be finally the look I want, then they can just keep to that......mine has take so many visits as it is so dark naturally and we wanted the lightening process to be gradual and kinder to my hair.
But if you have come out darker, then something went wrong ???
I am not a hairdresser, but I would go back, usually they want a period of time before putting anymore chemicals through your hair, be careful, this happened to me once, they re did it the next day, broke loads off at the roots.....you may have to wait a few weeks.
Lotsa luv x :hug: x

if it was foils she should have checked it .even with the wrong peroxide honey and caramel tones would have darkened the old hi lites ,but would have lightened the natural colour still even a little - unless you had a tint all over as well as hi-lites last time? Yes most salons charge for a blow dry unless it is really just blasted off and then you can deal with it when you get home

Hi Hun,
Why oh why do we let hairdressers talk us out of what we want.
I hope she has said she will sort it out for you. I have had a few colour disasters over the years. Now I have a magazine picture of the colour I want and take it with me. I knew at the start it would take a few visits to get mine to the desired look, my next vist should be finally the look I want, then they can just keep to that......mine has take so many visits as it is so dark naturally and we wanted the lightening process to be gradual and kinder to my hair.
But if you have come out darker, then something went wrong ???
I am not a hairdresser, but I would go back, usually they want a period of time before putting anymore chemicals through your hair, be careful, this happened to me once, they re did it the next day, broke loads off at the roots.....you may have to wait a few weeks.
Lotsa luv x :hug: x

Wow I hate it when non professionals start giving advise on professional forums. We as hairdressers (most of us) aren´t trying to talk you out of what you want just to screw with you, we actually have a better idea of what looks better with your skin tone, eye colour etc. It sounds to me like she gave you some lowlights, if you aren´t happy with the results she should offer to redo the service. As for the blowdry if you asked to get it done you should pay for it!!!! It is a separate service and it has a charge. It is totally agravatting to me, that you would assume that those services should be free!!!!!:irked:

Hi Guys I went to a salon to have my hair highlighted today and it hasn't taken.

It was half a head of highlights I wanted to go lighter ,but the lady talked me round to having more caramel and honey tones.

Which sounded great anyway after removing my foils and having my hair washed the lady told me it hasn't taken

Im really confused Its darker than what it was when I first went in and with no highlights.

Is their any reason why it wouldn't take

My hair is a natural light brown with highlights... I have only had my hair done once before and it was fine, about a year ago

Thanks

Hi, this could be due to a residue build up on your hair
perhaps a shampoo with silicones in it like pantene ?

sometimes the colour or bleach used cannot get past the waxy build up on the hair ,
also was the salon very cold ? if so it may be a temperature thing

if you have used a shampoo or a product with silicones in it
you will have to get rid of the build up first or your colour process still wont take ,
you will need to clarify your hair first a few times with a clarifying treatment ,

:) good luck , let us know how you get on

Latest posts

Back