My Hair has been Butchered

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Classy Claws

Reaction score
What can I do... my wedding is in 6 months and I told the hairdresser this... I took in a picture of the style I had done previously (so all she had to do was trim it back to where it was) and shes gone mad with the razor... I basically have a glorified mullet!... it does look okay with product in it, but I dont like to use alot of product as it really irritates my scalp, and because she used an iron it did look okay at the time of the cut, but after a wash omg, poodle mullet!...... heres my delema... I dont know how I want my hair for my wedding... what choices do I now have in styles.. I estimate that the longest bits I will have will be just below my jaw line, the rest can be trimed shorter if need be (because the back length is half way down my back) ... all I find when I search wedding hair styles is updo's.. which I defiantely wont have the length for.... any ideas or pictures of what I can possibly do with it now? (I wont be wearing a viel so no probs there)

What can I do... my wedding is in 6 months and I told the hairdresser this... I took in a picture of the style I had done previously (so all she had to do was trim it back to where it was) and shes gone mad with the razor... I basically have a glorified mullet!... it does look okay with product in it, but I dont like to use alot of product as it really irritates my scalp, and because she used an iron it did look okay at the time of the cut, but after a wash omg, poodle mullet!...... heres my delema... I dont know how I want my hair for my wedding... what choices do I now have in styles.. I estimate that the longest bits I will have will be just below my jaw line, the rest can be trimed shorter if need be (because the back length is half way down my back) ... all I find when I search wedding hair styles is updo's.. which I defiantely wont have the length for.... any ideas or pictures of what I can possibly do with it now? (I wont be wearing a viel so no probs there)

dont discount the updos you have seen, you could add a hairpiece to combine with your own hair for a more luxurious effect.

dont dispair there are many ways you can add lenght to your hair either hair extentions or jessica simpson hair do type wig/ extentions, go to several hairdressers and have some consultations and trials some mobile hairdressers offer this also and in 6 months your hair will have grown a bit more anyway.

dont discount the updos you have seen, you could add a hairpiece to combine with your own hair for a more luxurious effect.

EXACTLY this is what i had done. my hair is long but very fine, and as i wanted barrel curls my own hair just would not have looked right. so i had a hair piece built in with mine and had my dream updo for my wedding. just make sure you get advice from a professional as the colour match has to be exact. also you could have clip in extensions and have it all curled and down with a tiara. this is what a lot of my clients are having for their wedding.so dont dispair just yet.

EXACTLY this is what i had done. my hair is long but very fine, and as i wanted barrel curls my own hair just would not have looked right. so i had a hair piece built in with mine and had my dream updo for my wedding. just make sure you get advice from a professional as the colour match has to be exact. also you could have clip in extensions and have it all curled and down with a tiara. this is what a lot of my clients are having for their wedding.so dont dispair just yet.

This is what my friend had done for her wedding and it looked fantastic!

extentions are a no go.. I cannot justify the cost (and in this country they are not natural looking and it would be nare impossible to find someone who can do them right - been thru this with my sisters wedding as she did do extensions).. I was more after ideas for styles with shorter(ish) hair... my hair doesnt grow that fast so thats how I know most of it (bar the back rats tail!) will be around jaw length or just below.. Its just a pain in the ass when u specifically tell the hair chick that u dont want it to be too short as it will (or may) be needed in 6 months time.. and she goes hari cari with the blinking blade..... I am just feeling rather diss-heartened at this point and its kinda thrown my over all look i had in mind out the window... I guess I'll go googling again... that however just adds more confustion to the pie (as I am not a hair dresser! lol)

Hey there... If your stylist is worth her weight in gold, she should be able to do what you want in a updo. I have taken short (chin length) layered hair and did updos quite nicely.
the trick is to be able to lay the shortest hair back to blend with the longer hair.
Don't sweat it. It is still do-able AND you have 6 months...1/2 inch growth a month=3 more inches ..

Go ahead, pick a style out , in fact, you can pick several out, if you like the front of one pic and the sides of another one and the back of another one, it can all be done up together..Honest hun, don't dispair.:hug:

Thanks JDs .. i think my main prob is I dont get Hair ... nails and skin yes hair no... I look at all these pics and think thats nice.. then meet with a H/D and they go oh no that wont suit u at all! and yet cant come up with any better ideas lol.. Maybe I need to run not walk away from H/Ds like that lol

if these so called hairressers say oh no that wont suit you say well lets do it and ill make my own mind up they are there to serve you not tell you what you can or cant have get lots of pics find a good hairdresser and try many different stlye not just one

Thanks JDs .. i think my main prob is I dont get Hair ... nails and skin yes hair no... I look at all these pics and think thats nice.. then meet with a H/D and they go oh no that wont suit u at all! and yet cant come up with any better ideas lol.. Maybe I need to run not walk away from H/Ds like that lol

Okay, when picking out a updo style..look at the neckline of your dress,and the back design of your dress( is it scooped low showing alot of back and shoulders?)

Look at your face shape: long, round? This will determine if you will have it piled on top of your head or a minimum of hair on top.
Curls around your face or swept directly back off. Side swept bang? Soft fringe?

I am thinking your hair is curly, which is not a problem, but is it thick? Course? fine?
That will determine a bit more of how much fullness u are looking at in a style also.

As I said, you can take three different pics and put what you like out of them all together into one.
Also if you are willing to pay for it, have the stylist do a temp one on you. It doesn't have to be perfect to get the idea of the look.

here are a few links to sites that have bridal sections-
Hair Care, 14000+ Hairstyles, Hair Articles, Long Hair, Short Hair
Salon Channel - Professional Beauty Resource for the Cosmetologist, Salon and Day Spa Owner, Nail Tech, Esthetician, Manufacturer, Distributor and School - Message Board, Job Center, Auction, and more!

Martin Parsons and Patrick Cameron also have great styles that you can look at on the internet- they publish technicals for hairdressers, step by step with photos so you can pick component areas and combine them for the most flattering style for you. The technicals can be purchased through Behind The Chair - Home HTH

Thank you Jeni ur a sweetie!

if these so called hairressers say oh no that wont suit you say well lets do it and ill make my own mind up they are there to serve you not tell you what you can or cant have get lots of pics find a good hairdresser and try many different stlye not just one

and whose fault would it be if we cut/coloured someones hair in something that didnt suit them? we are there to advise clients as well as ''serve'' them!:eek:

Latest posts

Back