My hand hurts after extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomtomrow

Reaction score
My hand is aching after fitting extensions and clamping the beads! Not just the skin actually inside it! Any exercises to help? Or what pliers do you use?!

You will just get used to it the more you do. My hand aches the next day after fitting them lol x

Try some of them hand strengthener things,my ou hold the handles they have a coil and u squeeze....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 206
I end up with bruises sometimes! I think I over clamp though trying to make the rings really secure! I use quite a chunk plier and I pad out the handles a little now with some material or cotton pads if I'm sore. And I try to not book in more than 1 micro ring client per day x

You can get those squeeze balls to help strengthen your hands.
I swear im getting arthritis in my thumb and im only 24! The things we sacrifice :)

Pliers with longer handles, longer the pliers less pressure needed :wink2:

Pliers with longer handles, longer the pliers less pressure needed :wink2:

Where can you get those from please? Id like to give then a go, I find needle point pliers nicer to work with (both fitting and removal using the 'o' holes in the edge), they are so light

Ive also got some super butch meaty square pliers I can barely pick up but I think hubby can have those, im so generous!

Can you remember Cath Kidson did a girl tool kit with flower pliers, that what we all need, patterned tools! We can hardly pretend theyre 'special' equiptment turning up with b&q finest

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

I do a lot of Afro hair & single plait extensions & the constant strain on the hand & wrist can cause problems I suffered with De Quervain syndrome 5 yrs ago & I had to have injections into my wrist to help cure it. Luckily enough this worked for me & I tend not to do so much extension work or any work where I might put pressure on the area.

I've been doing then years and it hurts! My feet hurt too!!! Lol standing all the time. Old age :(

I get blisters on my two middle fingers and the palms of my hand, and the skin there is really tough and hard compared to my other hand! Its constantly tender like a bruise and Tom like you said, sore on the inside! Like my fingers are stiff when I try to do a fist.

I use long handle pliers like in the pic, got them from eBay. Much better than the shorter handles!

Attachments

• Pliers.JPG
    Pliers.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 172
I always put plasters on the places I know I'm gonna get blisters lol x

yes I get repetitive strain injury too.

I find what I think of as the 'ball joint' of my thumb hurts for the rest of the day following micro ring installation :(

I find what I think of as the 'ball joint' of my thumb hurts for the rest of the day following micro ring installation :(

exactly

check you're not getting any numbness in your fingers, could be a sign of carpel tunnel sydrome. I suffer with it, and especially after fitting extensions

Latest posts

Back